N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 9/1/17 Interface Changes - 09-13-2017, 03:46 PM

Hey guys,

Posted a new windows interface today with some minor changes.

1) We've added a "boost2" field for applications that feature dual TMAP/MAP sensors. For the N54 this field isn't used yet. But for the N55 & S55 "boost2" will represent boost in the intake manifold, while "boost" is the traditional boost in front of the throttle body. For the twin turbo V8 applications (x63) boost will represent bank1 boost (rainbow harness patch) while bank2 represents bank2 boost (brown harness patch).

2) We've added a dedicated spot for fuel trims bank2 (in applicable models) so it no longer has to share with Ign Average.

3) We've added a dedicated spot for road speed (shown in MPH) so it no longer has to share with low fuel pressure.

We've posted the changes to the windows interface but Donnie is still working on the JB4 mobile & Mac interfaces, so expect to see those from him soon.

These new fields will only be active with new JB4 firmware. I'll post a round of updates today for the main platforms but it might take some time to get updates out for every platform. So your patience is appreciated there.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-14-2017, 09:09 AM

That'll provide some good data to help with troubleshooting!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-14-2017, 08:00 PM

Expecting betas to be up in the next day or 2.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

(#4)
Old

Car: 135
Default 09-14-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Look forward to it ! I love the app and how easy updating is .
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 09-14-2017, 11:07 PM

For S55 the sensor in the manifold is only 2.5 bar reading up to 21 psi. I guess updating it to a 3.5 bar would be useful?

F80 M3 - 100-200: 5.30 (in progress)
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-15-2017, 07:57 AM

No needs it's fine as is.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 09-17-2017, 02:29 PM

Does future use A have to be enabled for this these new features to be logged? or are they logged now by default?
(#8)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-17-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
Can you please give us a slider option to convert to kmh?

Thanks terry for the updates...

|RB old gen|Jb4 G5|3" **'s|ER Competition Cooler|ER Charge pipe|Tial BOV|CM Meth Kit|Dual nozzle setup|BMS cowl filters|AFE intakes+scoops|
|BMS low temp oil thermo|MHD flash + coding|HnR Springs|M3 Control arm kit + H&R + Koni|LED Angel eyes+plate lights
(#9)
Old

Car: E82 135i N54
Default 09-17-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kish2604
Can you please give us a slider option to convert to kmh?
+1
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdfv
Does future use A have to be enabled for this these new features to be logged? or are they logged now by default?
By default.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 09-17-2017, 10:11 PM

Hi Terry, it seem like there's an error with the graph value for Trim 2. I'm using the Apple jb4 mobile app..

On the graph, the trim 2 values are double than that in the CSV file values
(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 09-17-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Hi Terry, it seem like there's an error with the graph value for Trim 2. I'm using the Apple jb4 mobile app..

On the graph, the trim 2 values are double than that in the CSV file values
Post in my thread or email me (support@jb4connectkit.com) with any bug reports.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85