N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Exclamation Lambda sensor fault - 09-10-2017, 05:19 AM

Hi guys,

Installed a set of VRSF 2" inlets 2 weeks ago and while installing the rear one had to push/shove and squeeze quite a lot...
Anyway I had a misfire the next day with the typical misfire codes from bank 2.
Now I've had this code come up a few times

2C3E - DME: Oxygen sensor 2 before catalytic convertor: Line fault.

Google it but can't seem to find anything.
Any ideas anyone? Car is 08 135i FBO with inlets running MHD stage 2+ 93 Oct.

Thanks in advance!


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Check your wiring. Be sure nothing is pinched. Log the activity of your sensor and see what it is doing.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Default 09-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Check your wiring. Be sure nothing is pinched. Log the activity of your sensor and see what it is doing.
I unplugged it last week and checked all the heat shield sheath and there was no visible damage to it, obviously can't see beneith the sheath. When I unplugged it under the engine cover it felt like I managed to push the cables back into the plug so that maybe the issue (may have pulled the cable when I was trying to get the inlet pipe down the back..).
I have a spare bank 1 sensor, can I use that in bank 2? Is it just a case of bank 2 having a shorter cable?


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Default 09-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Also here's a log I took yesterday

http://www.***********/u/drifterr/3r...og=0&data=3-24


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
Upload the log, we cannot click that link.

The o2 should be the same, might have a different connector on it. You could probably just try reversing them since you have no exhaust filter. It shouldn't effect drivability any more that you already are experiencing.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Default 09-10-2017, 08:51 AM

Log attached, thanks!


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 09:04 AM

For some reason your csv won't graph on my phone, but that's okay. From the spreadsheet it looks like that o2 is acting up. I would go ahead and swap it.

I can't tell you how many times we've had o2 problems because the wiring inside the loom is fubard on untuned cars.
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Default 09-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
For some reason your csv won't graph on my phone, but that's okay. From the spreadsheet it looks like that o2 is acting up. I would go ahead and swap it.

I can't tell you how many times we've had o2 problems because the wiring inside the loom is fubard on untuned cars.
OK will do, so that is likely the cause of the misfire on bank 2 and the sometimes slightly hesitant cold start?
Does the rest of the log look OK?

Really appreciate the help!


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Cynical Cynical is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 306
Join Date: May 2011
Car: 335i
Default 09-10-2017, 12:16 PM

Both pre *** sensors are identical. Wire length is different. Just swap ur spare in


Wow. Apparently C-A-T is censored on this patheitc forum now.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
Both pre *** sensors are identical. Wire length is different. Just swap ur spare in


Wow. Apparently C-A-T is censored on this patheitc forum now.

That word has been sensored for a long time brother! If you think it's pathetic, whatcha doin over here?

Lot of good advice on here.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Cynical Cynical is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 306
Join Date: May 2011
Car: 335i
Default 09-10-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
That word has been sensored for a long time brother! If you think it's pathetic, whatcha doin over here?

Lot of good advice on here.
Ignorance is bliss. A lot of misinformation and censorship as always here
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 12:27 PM

Same can be said for bimmerboost, bimmerfest/forums, all these boards. The entire internet as a matter of fact. Any time a non trained non professional shade tree 'mechanic' tries to help another one, there will be a lot of speculation and misinformation.

It's just people trying to help people. I like your username!!

Sorry not trying to hijack! OP, a false signal oxygen sensor can absolutely lead to misfires, poor running in general. Switch the o2s as Cynical stated and see if you can move the fault to the opposite bank. If it moves, you're done, order a new o2 and hang tight. I can make you a decent deal on one if you PM me the best you can find it for shipped I'll let you know.

Last edited by CedarPerformance; 09-10-2017 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Cynical Cynical is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 306
Join Date: May 2011
Car: 335i
Default 09-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Same can be said for bimmerboost, bimmerfest/forums, all these boards. The entire internet as a matter of fact. Any time a non trained non professional shade tree 'mechanic' tries to help another one, there will be a lot of speculation and misinformation.

It's just people trying to help people. I like your username!!
Tell me more about how you claim to be a performance shop and have to ask people about wheel fitment for his customers.
And sorry bud this forum is beyond censored, as you can see Ive populated this place a lot longer but continue to tell me 😂
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
Cynical Cynical is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 306
Join Date: May 2011
Car: 335i
Default 09-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance

Sorry not trying to hijack! OP, a false signal oxygen sensor can absolutely lead to misfires, poor running in general. Switch the o2s as Cynical stated and see if you can move the fault to the opposite bank. If it moves, you're done, order a new o2 and hang tight. I can make you a decent deal on one if you PM me the best you can find it for shipped I'll let you know.
You are a joke. Try reading before pushing your **** parts for a sale. He has a spare sensor. And oem sensors are gabage. We all change them to Ngk.

Goodluck with that performance shop. You are going to do well. I can tell
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 12:42 PM

Edited! Not going to argue with an amature tuner. He's right, I'm wrong, I'm an idiot! What do I know? I mean, 600rwhp n55 in my shop, 650 awhp x5m in my shop, rigging up meth and stage 2 turbos on an f01 targeting 700+, but I'm an idiot!
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
drifter's Avatar
drifter drifter is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2015
Car: N54 135i
Default 09-10-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Same can be said for bimmerboost, bimmerfest/forums, all these boards. The entire internet as a matter of fact. Any time a non trained non professional shade tree 'mechanic' tries to help another one, there will be a lot of speculation and misinformation.

It's just people trying to help people. I like your username!!

Sorry not trying to hijack! OP, a false signal oxygen sensor can absolutely lead to misfires, poor running in general. Switch the o2s as Cynical stated and see if you can move the fault to the opposite bank. If it moves, you're done, order a new o2 and hang tight. I can make you a decent deal on one if you PM me the best you can find it for shipped I'll let you know.
Thanks for the help, I'm in the UK so with shipping, customs and current exchange rates it will probably be cheaper for me to get one over here if the spare I have is no good!


N54 135i - MHD Stage 2+ - AR ******* **'s & custom 3" axle back - AMS Intercooler & BMS CP - VRSF DCI & 2" Inlets - Spec stage 2+ - Vogtland Club Suspension - E9x M3 cowl conversion
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
xQx xQx is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 09-10-2017, 10:06 PM

Just to hijack this thread, I keep getting a 2c77 "lambda probe behind catalytic converter signal" code.

How do I find out which one it is?

I loaded up real-time lambda readings in inpa, all look normal.
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
CedarPerformance CedarPerformance is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: All of 'em
Default 09-11-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx
Just to hijack this thread, I keep getting a 2c77 "lambda probe behind catalytic converter signal" code.

How do I find out which one it is?

I loaded up real-time lambda readings in inpa, all look normal.
Better off making your own post. Happy to help.

Need to know what engine you are diagnosing. N54 or n55.
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
Cynical Cynical is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 306
Join Date: May 2011
Car: 335i
Default 09-11-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Edited! Not going to argue with an amature tuner. He's right, I'm wrong, I'm an idiot! What do I know? I mean, 600rwhp n55 in my shop, 650 awhp x5m in my shop, rigging up meth and stage 2 turbos on an f01 targeting 700+, but I'm an idiot!
Omg 700+
You must be a genius. Glad to see your so busy at your “shop”
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com