N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Banned

Car: 335i
Thumbs up Fuel line fitting for pi or custom plenum - 05-02-2017, 11:06 AM

So I'm going to be running a custom sheet metal intake and I needed a fitting for the fuel line to run a line to the fuel rail. I called fuel it and asked if they would sell the fitting separately of course they said no so after some research I have found a billet piece that works for our fuel lines it is an aeromotive 15120. It's probably the same piece that they use however it is available separately for about $65 all you will need is -6AN orb fitting with an O-ring to run a fuel line off of the Tee. this should come in handy for people going the route I'm going or who have an MMP port injection kit because they use a plastic tee which is no good IMO
(#2)
Old
Banned

Default 05-02-2017, 11:12 AM

(#3)
Old

Default 05-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Nice find, thanks.

2007 E90 Jet Black/ VRSF 7" FMIC/ VRSF CP/ VRSF lower CP/ HKS BOV/ VRSF **'s/ AFE Stage 2 CAI/ AFE Catback/ Dual Oil Coolers/ Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP/ MMP inlets/ MMP outlets/ MMP Stage 3 Turbos/ MMP Port Injection/ BMS Catch Can/ RB PCV/ NGK's 5992 @ .018/ Alpina Flash/ MHD/ Split Second AIC6/ Wedge E50 Tuned/ 19" Niche M116 Wheels/ Toyo R888's & Toyo T1R's/ H&R Springs/ CSL Trunk/ M3 Rep front bumper with M3 ducts/ Cyba Scoops/ Custom headlights, Custom Tail Lights/ JVC HU with backup camera/ amp
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-02-2017, 08:18 PM

No, that isn't the fuel line fitting we use. You have now restricted yourself to a .2" input to feed the HPFP and the port injection rail whether you install a -6an fitting or not. You may just as well install a -3 fuel line up to the rail if you're going to do that.

Our fuel line fittings have a dual lock feature so that plastic clip can't open up and come off if installed properly. In addition, our lines are -6an and have -6an fuel fittings without those restrictions which is why we use a custom made -6an Y fitting and all or our fuel lines and fittings are -6an.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old
Banned

Default 05-02-2017, 08:46 PM

Stfu. Dual fuel line locks? Yea ok. I've yet to see a push lock fail or leak. They are industry standard on almost all applications. There's no restriction. The factory hpfp line is 5/16 or 8mm as is this fitting. There's no difference in flow or volume with a tee vs a y-fitting. And this has a 6an fitting. I tried to buy your product, you declined;I found an alternative and it works **** off.

Proof:

(#6)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-03-2017, 08:14 AM

Shots fired.

E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 JBD

Got Boost?
(#7)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 05-03-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjrock85
Stfu. Dual fuel line locks? Yea ok. I've yet to see a push lock fail or leak. They are industry standard on almost all applications. There's no restriction. The factory hpfp line is 5/16 or 8mm as is this fitting. There's no difference in flow or volume with a tee vs a y-fitting. And this has a 6an fitting. I tried to buy your product, you declined;I found an alternative and it works **** off.

Proof:

Can't imagine a vendor declining making money.. Can you elaborate?
(#8)
Old
Banned

Default 05-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Can't imagine a vendor declining making money.. Can you elaborate?
Quite simple I called and explain to him that I would be running a custom sheet metal intake manifold and that I needed a adapter fitting for the fuel line so I could TEe into the secondary injection and he simply said no they couldn't sell it so I hung up. No big deal. I found another way. Just figured I'd share in case anyone else ran into the same issue. I thought about upgrading to 6an lines from pump to pi but for my power goals I will be fine with stock
(#9)
Old

Default 05-03-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Quite simple I called and explain to him that I would be running a custom sheet metal intake manifold and that I needed a adapter fitting for the fuel line so I could TEe into the secondary injection and he simply said no they couldn't sell it so I hung up. No big deal. I found another way. Just figured I'd share in case anyone else ran into the same issue. I thought about upgrading to 6an lines from pump to pi but for my power goals I will be fine with stock
Oh i see, do you have pics of the manifold?
(#10)
Old

Default 05-03-2017, 09:22 AM

This is what happens on a bias forum. Sorry you have to deal with that jrock. Community suffers as a whole.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
This is what happens on a bias forum. Sorry you have to deal with that jrock. Community suffers as a whole.
I don't think this forum is THAT biased honestly. I feel like if other vendors had their own forums most people would get banned if they opinionated.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Proof:

First I'm going to quote you and reply...then I'm going to ban you. If you think you can come on here and talk to us like that because we didn't do what you want and don't agree with you, you're wrong.

You are measuring the OD of the inlet that feeds both the HPFP and the port injection. A -6an line is 3/8" and yes, our Y assembly is 3/8" and it then goes to the port injection and the HPFP. Adding a 3/8" fitting after a 5/6" fitting does no good. If you can't understand that, we can't help you.

As for the dual lock feature...again you are incorrect as explained in the video and yes, it has been a known issue due to the non-standard stock male bundy connection on the HPFP hardline.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
As explained...we do not offer a fitting like that so we did not have one to sell him. We do a traditional Y fitting for all of our port injection kits. If you look on our website, you will see that.

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 04:45 PM

You are correct, I meant 5/16" just like you meant

"I think you mean 5/16 and if you mean 5/6 I hope you are joking." easy to miss or add one digit.

(#15)
Old

Default 05-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You are correct, I meant 5/16" just like you meant

"I think you mean 5/16 and if you mean 5/6 I hope you are joking." easy to miss or add one digit.
#SAVAGE
(#16)
Old

Car: 07 335i mt
Default 05-03-2017, 07:19 PM

I have to agree, fuel it is a rip off and wayyy over priced for just selling off the shelf parts. All 3 times i have dealt with them have been sour and I definitely won't give them another dime.
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshec152
I have to agree, fuel it is a rip off and wayyy over priced for just selling off the shelf parts. All 3 times i have dealt with them have been sour and I definitely won't give them another dime.
I'm not sure I understand. Virtually all of our parts and fittings are custom made for the intended purpose.

Lets use the PR Stage 3 you sited as an example in the other thread. Our Stage 3 comes complete and with everything you need to complete the installation, including the wiring harness. There is no DIY and after it is completed it is flow tested in house to verify flows and functionality of the pumps and venturi before it is shipped.

Maybe you can site an example of how you were displeased and an order number so we can discuss what the issue was?

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshec152
Hey Steven,

I looked up your transaction and communication history.

You originally ordered an upgraded port injection feed line and ethanol sensor from us on February 15th but that transaction was cancelled. Probably because it was for a port injection kit other than our own. I'll need to verify with our shipper and have him look up his email communication with you but either way it was cancelled. On that same day you then ordered an upgraded fuel line to the HPFP with the ethanol sensor. That was delivered and we never heard of any issues. You then placed another order on March 18th for a Hobb's switch kit. Again that was shipped and we never heard of any issues from you.

On April 23rd you contacted us again because you needed software for your AIC6, which we did not sell you. Nor did we sell you a port injection kit, consequently we suggested that you contact your dealer. That was the only other time we heard from you.

We're sorry that you guys feel slighted because we don't support products we don't sell and that we don't sell individual items. Our business model is to sell complete assemblies and when we sell controllers, they come pre-programmed to your order specifications. We do everything we can to make it as easy as possible for the consumer to install once they have received items from us. Consequently, if we don't have the specs for another companies products, we will not sell an item for that application. It creates a logistical nightmare from a support standpoint and can be very frustrating for the customer.

Are our products the cheapest, not by any means but that is because we do everything we can for you before ever shipping the product. It usually makes for a better buying experience. If you choose to buy elsewhere, that's fine and we understand but when you start combining different manufacturers parts, it makes things very difficult. When you come back to us to support the other companies products, we're going to politely decline, I'm sure most can understand that.

We realize there is competition and we are obviously continuing to innovate. As an example, we now have a Stage 2 pump that flows better and eliminates the need for most customers to upgrade to a Stage 3 and in the process, saves them money and headache with a simple plug and play install. No cores, no DIY disassembling your stock LPFP, no shipping anything back, and you get to keep your stock LPFP. Consequently if your horsepower goal is 600whp, which frankly on a stock motor is what it should be, you can now do a simple plug and play pump assembly for $399 and it's just an LPFP swap, that is about as cost effective as you can get. If you can find a better deal than that and it will support 600whp, by all means let us know.

At the end of the day we don't want an unhappy customer and we're sorry you feel as though we let you down. However, if that is the case, you never gave us the chance to make it right or gave us any indication you were unhappy but instead placed another order as recently as a month and a half ago.

Cheers,
Steve

(#19)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-03-2017, 09:54 PM

I would take the negative comments at a grain of salt Steve. Most people know that you make a great product and your support is top notch. Some people are just either cheap or selfish and have a hard time seeing it from your perspective. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Your prices are on the high end compared to other competitors, but anyone who has been around this forum long enough and have bought your products know that they are top notch and rarely do you ever hear of anyone having issues with them or failures. Keep up the great work!!

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#20)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 05-04-2017, 02:04 AM

Mrjrock85 just likes to trash talk to people on here. He comes on with a question, or some total custom thing he's working on looking for advice, and when people offer advice that he doesn't like, or if you don't say exactly what he wants to hear, he gets mad and just talks S#*t. I've seen it in several other threads that he's been a part of.

2007 335i, JB4 G5, MHD BEF, BMS DCI, Phoenix CP, Tial BOV, MAP OC, BMS OCC, 1320 Down *****, MMP Inlets, RB EXT PCV, Mishimoto OCC, BMS Meth, N20 TMAP, Style 124 Wheels.
Other: 71' Plymouth Duster, 440 BB.
(#21)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 09-11-2017, 09:54 PM

Thank you!
That fitting fits just fine.