N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwan35
Need help anyone please.
I just installed hybrid twin turbos on my n54 e92 2007 6at rhd.
Mods are currently
Bms dci
Fmic
Bms occ
Bms cabin filter
Hybrid turbos
Aem meth kit
Tial bov and chargepipe
Cobb protuned, now im going to put back my jb4 g5iso and get fsb to work with my meth.
And getting bms bt tool aswell for the free flash.
1. Where can i get the flash as i do not see anymore to download. Im i8aos
2. Which map to go to if without meth? With meth of course map3 but also what figure? 75add on setting?
3. Can i just jump start the car and just leave it untill the process of flashing the car using bt tool finished? As i do not have any battery power supply.
If AT get MHD as its preferred. For MT the free flash is fine. The flash files are posted in the flash post. For any flash related questions ask in the flash specific posts.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 10-07-2015, 12:38 PM

Are the hybrid maps only for E85 maps? I run 30% E85 but from reading the information posted it is recommend to run Pump/Race maps unless I am running 40% or more E85. Then I would be ok using the E85 specific maps.
(#53)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-07-2015, 10:53 PM

Terry
What about the new Fuel-it E85 sensor in combination with the JB4, Are you making specific maps when using this, or is it the basic map 5 that can control this?
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell
Terry
What about the new Fuel-it E85 sensor in combination with the JB4, Are you making specific maps when using this, or is it the basic map 5 that can control this?
Yes we plan to make compatible maps for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 10-08-2015, 07:39 AM

in different countries we do not have e85
Is there not flash with methanol hybrid turbos?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#56)
Old

Default 10-10-2015, 09:07 AM

Hi terry,
I recently switch to e85 blend of 5 gal per full tank and the car ran better than ever up until I uploaded to the most recent firmware. Now it has a huge lack of power compared to before and can't boost over 14 psi. I will post logs later today or tomorrow when the rain stops. What map and rpm range would be best for logging?

Mods- jb4 g5 iso (latest firmware), bms race backend via mhd, hexon rr500 turbos, vrsf 3" **, vrsf 7" fmic, dci, dual 10cm meth 50/50, ER charge pipe
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM

Log whatever the issue is. Normally a run from 2k to redline and a 3-4 shift.

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Default 10-10-2015, 01:46 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

this is in map 2 3rd gear starting about 1800 rpm to redline
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Would need csv file not a photo.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 10-10-2015, 02:06 PM

Attached Files
File Type: csv oct10 data log.csv (11.4 KB, 316 views)
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Looks like a WG vacuum line issue to me, do the vacuum line test shown in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 10-10-2015, 07:37 PM

just want to know a simple question since i have bought brand nee samsung phone to work with mhd.
1. With my hybrid turbos, do i have to get custom map for it? Since on mhd map, only available hybrid is for use with e85. Since im on pump and meth.
2. What map addy settings shall i put in map3? With my stock turbos last time i was on 50add on settings and fub set to 2. With my hybrid can i jump to 75? Im a 6AT

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-10-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwan35
just want to know a simple question since i have bought brand nee samsung phone to work with mhd.
1. With my hybrid turbos, do i have to get custom map for it? Since on mhd map, only available hybrid is for use with e85. Since im on pump and meth.
2. What map addy settings shall i put in map3? With my stock turbos last time i was on 50add on settings and fub set to 2. With my hybrid can i jump to 75? Im a 6AT
1: No, just run the hybrid map posted for E85 use. Or if on pump use the PUMP file without meth and RACE file with meth.
2. Running meth and a 3.5bar TMAP sensor? I'd start at 40 and evaluate the logs.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 10-11-2015, 10:12 AM

Ok thank you Terry!!

BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#65)
Old

Default 10-11-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like a WG vacuum line issue to me, do the vacuum line test shown in the support forum.
Thanks for the info terry, turns out i had a vacuum line that was pinched now with that fixed iv got a whole new issue while wot being put into map4. heres a log. Thank you!

BTW when i started the car for the first time after fixing the vacuum line i got a cc-id 29 code. restarted the car and no code
Attached Files
File Type: csv 151011_1557.csv (7.2 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by Alex@EuroMW; 10-11-2015 at 01:26 PM..
(#66)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 10-11-2015, 05:16 PM

If I am FBO w/ VTT Stage 2 Hybrids and Stage 1 inline pump running E30 should I start on map 2 with RACE back-end flash?
(#67)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bird
If I am FBO w/ VTT Stage 2 Hybrids and Stage 1 inline pump running E30 should I start on map 2 with RACE back-end flash?
Whenever I re-flash (for ANY reason), I always start with:
  • Map 4
  • Map 1
  • Map 2
  • Whatever else I feel comfortable with

I also hijack my in-dash gauges with BOOST and TIMING, and log with JB4 Mobile religiously. There are a few thousand logs of mine on my Dropbox account

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM7) | BMS Intake

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#68)
Old
Legend

Default 10-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@EuroMW
Thanks for the info terry, turns out i had a vacuum line that was pinched now with that fixed iv got a whole new issue while wot being put into map4. heres a log. Thank you!

BTW when i started the car for the first time after fixing the vacuum line i got a cc-id 29 code. restarted the car and no code
Start a new Support Thread here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
  1. It looks like you got a Map 4 Switch due to overboosting early on, likely due to your FF being almost maxed out at 150. This forces the JB4 to send too strong of a WGDC signal to the DME, so the Throttle is closing to compensate. Change it to 100 for now, it will learn up or down later on. Also change your 'Boost Failsafe PSI' to at least 20, instead of 18.
  2. Even though it switched to Map 4, your Boost Target is still very high. That does not make sense to me. Someone else should be able to figure that out for you, but not me.
  3. Later on in the pull, you ran out of Low Pressure, then subsequently High Pressure, Fuel Pressures. This is too much E85 for that boost level. Try sticking to Map 1 for a while then post logs.
  4. What are the details of your car? We need to know what year and DME type so you can enter the correct JB4 settings. You are currently not set up to log all 6 cylinders, which is no bueno.
Attached Images

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM7) | BMS Intake

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@EuroMW

1. You need to set mode 4/2 if using a back end flash map.
2. You need to upgrade your low pressure pump. If you have Stage2, get Stage3. Turn down boost until you do.
3. Codes are read via the JB4 interface settings tab. cc-id 29 is not a fault code.
4. FF is way too high, probably from racing around, with the vacuum line issue. Lower it to say 100 so it can readapt up or down.
5. Enable 6-cyl logging mode.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old
Legend

Default 10-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1. You need to set mode 4/2 if using a back end flash map.
2. You need to upgrade your low pressure pump. If you have Stage2, get Stage3. Turn down boost until you do.
3. Codes are read via the JB4 interface settings tab. cc-id 29 is not a fault code.
4. FF is way too high, probably from racing around, with the vacuum line issue. Lower it to say 100 so it can readapt up or down.
5. Enable 6-cyl logging mode.
Beat you to it Terry

The 4/2 setting was what I forgot. That's why the Map 4 switch did not lower your Boost Target.

(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2015, 05:49 PM

lol just saw that. Thanks for helping him out!

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old
Legend

Default 10-11-2015, 05:50 PM

You can always add me to the BMS payroll, I really won't mind

(#73)
Old

Default 10-12-2015, 09:28 AM

Terry, after i've done the backend flash. Do i have to set the afr and duty all to 0 in settings?

(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2015, 09:50 AM

AFR values should be set to 0, duty bias should be set to 0 if not custom tuned.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 10-20-2015, 04:37 PM

This is the thread i was waiting for!
dedicated flash maps for hybrid turbos
Still need to decide wich ones to get. any sugestions?
Will there be diferent flash maps for different turbo brands? or just somethig generic?

pd: Loking foward to hearing from PURE turbos stage 2. (with 2 inlets)