N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2015, 02:52 PM

Brake light circuit & load

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i E91
Default 08-25-2015, 02:57 PM

Very nice!!! Cant wait to test it
(#28)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 08-25-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
Is it possible to make the temp target lower for people who live in states that have seasons?
we have seasons

hot and hotter

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: JB4 G5 w/BMS E85 Flash, quaife LSD, RB Inlets, BMS Meth, AA 6 IC, BMS Charge Pipe: 11.9@118mph 421hp/466tq (stock intake, stock exhaust)
Company Car: 991 GT3 RSR
(#29)
Old

Car: 335i E91
Default 08-25-2015, 03:21 PM

Meybe its nice if you can choose/set it on the steering wheel instead of the brake pedal

I believe some people like to make rolling burns(with slightly touching the brake pedal with your left feet) and if you set the function on the brake this is not possible anymore am i right?
(#30)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 08-25-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
we have seasons

hot and hotter
this last week has been nice... not looking forward to thursday :o
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_v_w
Meybe its nice if you can choose/set it on the steering wheel instead of the brake pedal

I believe some people like to make rolling burns(with slightly touching the brake pedal with your left feet) and if you set the function on the brake this is not possible anymore am i right?
That should still work fine. We'll have to evaluate it. I'm also gravitating towards the brake pedal method for some technical and ease of implementation reasons. It's easier to use and easier to implement.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 08-25-2015, 03:54 PM

Yeah I was wondering about brake stands in MT cars too. I use half my foot on brake and half on the gas to do burnout

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with MHD E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#33)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 08-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Need to see a video ASAP Terry!! This is pretty awesome!
(#34)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 08-25-2015, 04:41 PM

Also, thinking about it.... I think having it button initiated (as an addition) will also add an extra safety mechanism/process to it.
(#35)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 08-25-2015, 05:17 PM

Just curious of anyway to use the cruise control stick for a method as well instead of volume buttons. It's very easily accessible to hit too. Just thinking of different triggers is all. Like holding it in a certain position for a certain time.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#36)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-25-2015, 06:43 PM

Any sort of boost limit here or do we have to stare at boost gauge?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2015, 07:12 PM

The jb remains in control of boost. It will just push it to target.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 08-25-2015, 09:10 PM

When will this feature be available

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#39)
Old

Default 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM

Brake pedal is the perfect switch.
(#40)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 MOTIV 750
Default 08-25-2015, 10:03 PM

Terry: is there a beta for ST guys????????

MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2
(#41)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 08-25-2015, 10:50 PM

This could be slightly problematic for MT cars on big singles. It's useful to 2step for launches but having antilag and 2step helps even more for building boost off the line. The only problem is it's kinda difficult for most people to hold a clutch, hold a brake, and modulate a throttle off the line. Lol.

I mean not like many MT cars are dragging though usually it's all rolls.
(#42)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Thnx Terry ! I'll try and make one tonight and post some pix.
(#43)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Default 08-26-2015, 10:55 AM

Terry, if you need any additional testers I live closer to you than Payam does lol
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2015, 11:00 AM

It's a more advanced thing so at least for the moment I only want guys who can follow the DIY. Once we have more data we can determine how to best implement it for everyone.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW E92 335i
Default 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's a more advanced thing so at least for the moment I only want guys who can follow the DIY. Once we have more data we can determine how to best implement it for everyone.
I can definitely follow the DIY i just wont have time to do it until Saturday :/
(#46)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-26-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't mess with tables/tuning. Too much for me LOL. I'll stick to wires and wrenches hahaha.

Burger Motorsports

(#47)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-26-2015, 11:20 AM

I'll be messing with this.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

(#48)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 08-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
This will require an updated 23k22 JB4 chip which can be swapped on the board and will eliminate either the SLD or CPS outputs, which are rarely used now that we have free back end flash maps. This will be developed in the future.

Initially though we need a few people to get this going without the JB4 integration so we can evaluate the flash side and the general operation. And it turns out that is fairly easy to do by making a simple circuit.
I'll beta test for you. Can we modify the JB4 back end flashes for MHD or are they locked somehow?

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso with E85 backend flash // str8shot Bluetooth enabled e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // Injen intake // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless brake lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#49)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 08-26-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
I don't mess with tables/tuning. Too much for me LOL. I'll stick to wires and wrenches hahaha.
lol same here, ill just wait until these guys figure it out

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-26-2015, 12:35 PM

Looks good Donnie! I'll email you the JB4 firmware that fixes the IAT reading bug so you can verify the circuit works

Burger Motorsports