N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you email me I can reply with the current IJE0S single turbo file I'm testing.
Thanks for that.

So with Requested Torque Mon Factor A & B, were they not able to be changed and flashed with BBFlash? Do you suspect that a limit applied by one or both of these tables were being hit prior to changing them?
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2015, 08:06 AM

They are tables for low throttle mapping. With the checksums fixed you can set the monitors to 1.0 and then increase load as a function of pedal input for improved response and drivablity. The BB software does not properly compute the check sum when changing them thus they have to be left stock in those maps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Car: E90 335i 6MT
Default 03-16-2015, 03:03 PM

Hi, peeps!

Ok, here are my findings so far.

I flashed using a HTC one M8, to read the file, it took 2% battery power, about 15 mins.
To write the file, it took just over 18 mins, this took 5-6% of my batter power.

I did not read/write using a charger attached to my car.
I strongly recommend using the charger as my car struggled to start when the flashing was complete.

I'm running the supplied Stage 1 on 98 RON flash
BMS DCI's
Cobb FMIC
Stock exhaust with resonator removed and replaced with an X-Pipe + PE Mod.

Is the stage 1 flash safe with my mods?

I've not had chance to give it a good run yet....

The reason I ask is it feels insanely quick. Induction noise is so much louder, Throttle response is really nice compared to the Sedox file.
Just feels so strong.

If all is safe, ill do some logs tomorrow as its raining here :-(
(#54)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 03:57 PM

Stg 2 93 was a little to aggressive for my car with VRSF d0wn p1pes and intakes.

Last edited by scottycs; 03-16-2015 at 06:01 PM..
(#55)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottycs
Stg 2 93 was a little to aggressive for my car with VRSF ********* and intakes.
Can you explain further? Too aggressive of timing? AFRs? Boost?

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#56)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 03-16-2015, 06:00 PM

Timing corrections. Wedge said it was too aggressive for my car. Loaded 91 map and still getting timing corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
Can you explain further? Too aggressive of timing? AFRs? Boost?
(#57)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 03-17-2015, 06:50 AM

Are the "off the shelf" flashes customised for Euro or US based cars?

2014 F21 M135i | 8ZF | JB4 | ** | FTP charge pipe | FTP boost pipe | AC Schnitzer FMIC | Eibach Pro
(#58)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 11:32 AM

Hi Guys,

I have made some logs. How do i get them to the right people?

The power seems inconsistent, boost seems to be a little all over the place... corrections on cylinders like others are reporting.

Cheers

Gareth

Update:

Done

http://www.***********/u/ghaz335i/mar...og=0&data=4-16

Last edited by gh4z335i; 03-17-2015 at 11:59 AM..
(#59)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-17-2015, 12:48 PM

Timing is Ok not dangerous or anything a lot of people see -3 corrections for various reasons. If you see more than -3 corrections then you gotta pay attention.

But something is up with your boost, It builds slightly slow, but if you're on old stock turbos its possible. You might have a very small boost leak somewhere. But more importantly in the 3rd log boost takes a dump for a reason I can't see, it doesn't look like timing or fuel related. Also your PID boost management needs work you're never quite hitting target. But these are Beta maps looks like the tuner is taking a cautious approach... I think hes still working on them.. remember were beta.

Good to see the tuner is being careful.

Honestly something just occurred to me... It might be your DV's... I never run into it because one of the first things I do/I have my friends do when tuning is dump the stock ones... they're not made for more than 10 psi. I'd venture thats a good guess for the big boost dump too in log #3

Last edited by Nniftyfour; 03-17-2015 at 12:56 PM..
(#60)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 01:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!
The most i have had is -3 corrections

The car has done 49k miles, so turbos aren't "really" old, i don't think

I do have stock DV's.

I just done the "reset fault code"(i think it was) on the app, took it for another drive and it feels strong again!

Yeah, i know beta is a work in progress

Gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
Timing is Ok not dangerous or anything a lot of people see -3 corrections for various reasons. If you see more than -3 corrections then you gotta pay attention.

But something is up with your boost, It builds slightly slow, but if you're on old stock turbos its possible. You might have a very small boost leak somewhere. But more importantly in the 3rd log boost takes a dump for a reason I can't see, it doesn't look like timing or fuel related. Also your PID boost management needs work you're never quite hitting target. But these are Beta maps looks like the tuner is taking a cautious approach... I think hes still working on them.. remember were beta.

Honestly something just occurred to me... It might be your DV's... I never run into it because one of the first things I do/I have my friends do when tuning is dump the stock ones... they're not made for more than 10 psi. I'd venture thats a good guess for the big boost dump too in log #3
(#61)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 01:30 PM

I'm also in the beta group, I'm running the E40 map...

What kind of timing targets does the stage 2 93 octane map have?

(#62)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
They are tables for low throttle mapping. With the checksums fixed you can set the monitors to 1.0 and then increase load as a function of pedal input for improved response and drivablity. The BB software does not properly compute the check sum when changing them thus they have to be left stock in those maps.
My requested torque values are much lower than stock anyway. A worse pedal feel is a small price to pay for way better shifting in Alpina D mode. The trans definitely considers pedal position when shifting independent of the actual torque it is requesting.
(#63)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 01:50 PM

Does anyone know if changing the top axis last break point for requested torque tables higher than 69.92 will work with MHD?
(#64)
Old

Default 03-17-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87
Does anyone know if changing the top axis last break point for requested torque tables higher than 69.92 will work with MHD?
Shoot me an email @ spencerakimball@gmail.com

I'm also interested in this, as well as a few other things that I'm tweaking in my custom E50 bin - would love to bounce some ideas off of you during the beta testing period to try and get some maps built out... Are you 6AT?

(#65)
Old

Default 03-18-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:

Throttle appears to be pegged at 81 for some reason as well

2014 F21 M135i | 8ZF | JB4 | ** | FTP charge pipe | FTP boost pipe | AC Schnitzer FMIC | Eibach Pro
(#66)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-18-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
Throttle appears to be pegged at 81 for some reason as well
That's the max angle of the throttle body plate.
(#67)
Old

Default 03-18-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
That's the max angle of the throttle body plate.
Aha! Thought it was a similar value to the JB's throttle percentile

(#68)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 03-18-2015, 01:45 AM

Guys, how did you get to beta group?

i want to try it, want to flash BMS backend flash

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#69)
Old

Default 03-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
Guys, how did you get to beta group?

i want to try it, want to flash BMS backend flash
Just use a BT cable and bb flash

(#70)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-18-2015, 12:37 PM

I'm also wanting to test the BMS E85 map. I8A0S AT - still get lots of post-shift flatlining, very excited that it could be fixed but want to see it with my own eyes

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#71)
Old

Default 03-18-2015, 02:34 PM

Here are the logs of Stage 1 v3

http://www.***********/u/ghaz335i/sta...og=0&data=4-16

From what I have heard, the corrections are worrying?

Excuse the logs, had cars about, so couldn't get a perfect pull.

Last edited by gh4z335i; 03-18-2015 at 02:43 PM..
(#72)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 03-18-2015, 02:35 PM

Just want to leave a small review. Ever since my single turbo install my shift times felt like they doubled (at a minimum). Could not resolve the issue no matter what I tried. Well I tried one of Terry's MHD specific backend flashes today and like magic my shifts are as fast as ever. The checksumming in MHD allows for more tables to be altered and this was the missing piece to the puzzle. The flash went smoothly on my $20 ebay INPA cable. Very nice app!

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com
(#73)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 03-18-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Just want to leave a small review. Ever since my single turbo install my shift times felt like they doubled (at a minimum). Could not resolve the issue no matter what I tried. Well I tried one of Terry's MHD specific backend flashes today and like magic my shifts are as fast as ever. The checksumming in MHD allows for more tables to be altered and this was the missing piece to the puzzle. The flash went smoothly on my $20 ebay INPA cable. Very nice app!
Found the same results, when I installed my RBs I had tons of shift issues. Since going to the MHD flash using a Wedge/BuraQ tune shifting problems are a thing of the past. I am waiting for good weather for a track night my previous times I believe will easily be eclipsed. Now if only my TFT inlets would get here this week.

Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Yes the new torque checksums are going to come in most handy for automatic cars running > 20psi at higher RPM. Any automatic trans running a single turbo or even modified twins should use our higher load MHD maps as a starting point. I'll be posting maps with boost/AFR curves for single turbo, single turbo 100% E85, and twin turbo 50% E85. From those three maps customers can modify them as they need in TunerPro.

MHD and I also came up with a nifty way to have special pricing for JB4 users. He's going to program the flash tool to zero out the base duty cycle table when flashing JB4 back end maps. The JB4 ignores the duty cycle and flash only maps require it so it's a nice simple way to differentiate between the two models. Note, BMS is not going to get paid for any of this. We're doing the work to provide you guys flash maps within the MHD environment for free. Just as we did for the BimmerBoost & Cobb environments. With MHD out though we'll definitely be dropping all Cobb support ASAP.

Also note, because we're working for free, we're not going to spend much time discussing the fine details of the maps. We'll make them and post them. And any further discussion or questions about them will be handled on the forum only.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#75)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 03-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:

MHD and I also came up with a nifty way to have special pricing for JB4 users. He's going to program the flash tool to zero out the base duty cycle table when flashing JB4 back end maps. The JB4 ignores the duty cycle and flash only maps require it so it's a nice simple way to differentiate between the two models.....
So does this mean purchasing the flasher module ($69) will not be required, and rather a lower cost module will be available for JB4 users?

If this is the case it'd be great if dmacpro91 could get involved with this. Id love to be able to flash using his current app (which i've paid for), with perhaps an in-app purchase to use MHDs flashing code. The we have an all-in-one flashing and logging solution for those of us wishing to use it purely with JB4.

Australian 2008 135i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMR ********* *** | RPi GT Race Quad Exhaust | 7" HPF FMIC | Fuel-It TB-Injection | DCI | ER Charge Pipe | Tial BOV | Custom backend flash | 2-Step & NLS