N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 09-16-2013, 06:24 PM

Is this update available yet? I know once I loaded the e85 map through open source last week the car felt just AMAZING, then I blew the front turbo lol.

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#52)
Old

Default 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM

What was the additive? Pure meth? Single nozzle? Size?

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
(#53)
Old

Car: '09 E92
Default 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM

Reading this thread has me on the verge of going "add to cart" and going full bolt on.

Too many other bills... must resist...

335i Coupe: E85 BB flash, JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), DCI and 60% E85 blend: 11.7 @ 120 mph.

Former Best with JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmtl2_335i
Is this update available yet? I know once I loaded the e85 map through open source last week the car felt just AMAZING, then I blew the front turbo lol.
No we've not posted these maps as I'm not 100% confident they are safe in the real world yet. But, I've had an MT customer put down ~470rw using map 7 and the new E85 flash. So you can get close with the published stuff.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 09-17-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Just wrapped up some dyno testing on our E92 MT. Mods include the JB4, BB flash, BMS **, BMS DCI, CPE BOV, CPE IC, and BMS OCC. Factory catback system & midcats. $100 inline fuel pump. Spec clutch w/ steel flywheel.
Great work putting up those numbers!
Any comments on the Spec Clutch??
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM

Some rattle at low idle but works great. I'm a fan.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 09-17-2013, 10:44 AM

What stage?
Have you been to the dragstrip yet?
(#58)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No we've not posted these maps as I'm not 100% confident they are safe in the real world yet. But, I've had an MT customer put down ~470rw using map 7 and the new E85 flash. So you can get close with the published stuff.
These are dynojet numbers right? Not mustang dyno numbers...

How do you think this new e85 map will do with RB's????

12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM

For RBs I'd suggest the RACE maps which will do anywhere from 500-530rw depending on the boost curve used. The E85 maps are too lean and too highly advanced for RB turbos.

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 09-17-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
For RBs I'd suggest the RACE maps which will do anywhere from 500-530rw depending on the boost curve used. The E85 maps are too lean and too highly advanced for RB turbos.
What happens with the too high advance with upgraded turbos?
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2014, 08:19 AM

This is the current stock turbo dyno record. Until someone does more than 481whp on a dynojet stock turbo it will stand...

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-29-2014, 09:38 AM

subscribed

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#63)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-29-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
This is the current stock turbo dyno record. Until someone does more than 481whp on a dynojet stock turbo it will stand...
how many miles were on these turbos at the date of this dyno run?

Also, how long were they run for?

I want to get an idea of how robust these turbos are after 50k+ at 17psi etc

I know the same frame turbos are used on older WRXs which are generally pretty reliable and are often tuned to run much higher boost than what we're running.
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2014, 04:29 PM

The factory turbos are very durable at higher boost levels. But at these power levels they are blowing a lot of hot air and operating under 2-3x back pressure and its the pistons you really need to worry about. There have been several blown motors with guys trying to push factory turbos too far. Much more so than large turbo blown motors from what I've seen. Which should tell you something.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM

How much does running stock cats effect operating temps of turbos?

@ high boost levels ~ 17psi
(#66)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 10-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Hey Terry what E85 flash is this you speak of ?
(#67)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 10-29-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4xbmw7
Hey Terry what E85 flash is this you speak of ?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563

Same E85 flash that has been out there for awhile. Runs a few degrees more timing compared to the RACE flash.

335is DCT
(#68)
Old

Default 10-29-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563

Same E85 flash that has been out there for awhile. Runs a few degrees more timing compared to the RACE flash.
Ohh old thread lol that's the flash I run
(#69)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Bump

Hey Terry this record still stands right ? If so we got a suprise for you on a 6AT I will leave Ken to post it. To tired right now, need to go check my blood preasure

2012 E89 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport MT
2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT
(#70)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 12-26-2014, 08:14 PM

Hey terry can I get your email?? I want to talk to you about tuning. I've been trying to track you down an send you a pm on bimmerpost and bimmerboost but the pm option is not available for you.
(#71)
Old

Default 12-26-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmaster05
Hey terry can I get your email?? I want to talk to you about tuning. I've been trying to track you down an send you a pm on bimmerpost and bimmerboost but the pm option is not available for you.
terry@burgertuning.com
(#72)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 03-07-2016, 08:31 AM

Thread revival to ask, which Spec clutch was used on this vehicle?

6MT / JB4 G5 ISO / BMS E85 Backend Flash / AR 3" Kittenless **'s / VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC / Stock CP (Lol) w/ ActiveAutowerke BOV / Godspeed Adjustable Toe Arms / Inline GSL392 pump / PE Mod w/ Magnaflow 4" Tips / BMS DCI's / H&R Sport Lowering Springs / BMW Sport Suspension / OEM Front Aero Lip / Mtech Rear Bumper with Performance Diffuser / 19" Gunmetal VMR v710
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 08:39 AM

I wish we had put inlets on this car as it was...

Clutch was some spec single disk. I forget which one. Steel flywheel.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 03-07-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I wish we had put inlets on this car as it was...

Clutch was some spec single disk. I forget which one. Steel flywheel.
Inlets, drooool. I only ask because I will be making
Similar power and an questioning my decision on purchasing the 2+ and thinking if it'll be enough lol.

6MT / JB4 G5 ISO / BMS E85 Backend Flash / AR 3" Kittenless **'s / VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC / Stock CP (Lol) w/ ActiveAutowerke BOV / Godspeed Adjustable Toe Arms / Inline GSL392 pump / PE Mod w/ Magnaflow 4" Tips / BMS DCI's / H&R Sport Lowering Springs / BMW Sport Suspension / OEM Front Aero Lip / Mtech Rear Bumper with Performance Diffuser / 19" Gunmetal VMR v710
(#75)
Old

Car: z4 35i/e93 335i
Default 06-22-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wrapped up some dyno testing on our E92 MT. Mods include the JB4, BB flash, BMS **, BMS DCI, CPE BOV, CPE IC, and BMS OCC. Factory catback system & midcats. $100 inline fuel pump. Spec clutch w/ steel flywheel.

Fuel for today was E85 mixed with 91 octane. Around E60. Although there is probably a few more HP in there with E70-E80. Dyno room temps were in the low 90s. Fans were pretty good.

The only changes since last time around (461rw) are on the tuning end. More advance, leaner air/fuel ratios, a slightly different VANOS curve, and some boost curve changes when the meth is flowing.

The E85 only runs were on map 7. You'll notice the timing curve was consistently a bit aggressive around 6000rpm. On the two best E85 runs the dyno tach pickup skipped a beat so be sure to look at the torque curve and not just the peak numbers.

With meth I decided to crank the boost up as much as I could. I also left the more aggressive timing curve in place. Basically, I was going for a max effort setup. And the car delivered with 481rw. On the advance to my surprise I found it was still aggressive up top even with meth flowing. This curve is going to need E70 up top + meth I suspect. I'll back it down up there for now.

Anyway, very happy to have the stock turbo dynojet record back in our corner.
how many psi?