N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM

ah that z32 photo on the wall never gets old. its like the goodluck charm of the power gods
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infliktyd135i
ah that z32 photo on the wall never gets old. its like the goodluck charm of the power gods
There are always some pretty nice high HP Zs there. They don't even get warmed up until 800whp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical
Anything done to the rear end of this car? Half shafts?
Driveshaft? Seems to be reaching the limit of these parts for MT
All factory right now. Which has been an issue with launching. It desperately needs a posi, 3.42 gears, and probably DSS half shifts.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old
N54ever

Car: 135i
Default 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM

This is research I can really get behind.

Great job BMS, as usual!
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerix
Would 93 octane and aftermarket mids/catback pushed it much higher?
Straight E85 should benefit this setup. As soon as this tank is empty we'll fill it up with straight E85 for some additional testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Car: e92 335i Coupe
Default 08-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Congrats T! What are u doing to this platform? Must re-tune my car asap! Stockers cant be putting out more than us RB guys, come on!

JB+RB=
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 08-28-2013, 07:54 PM

Who would have thought, three years ago, that a stock turbo car could make anywhere close to this much power.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#33)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Congratz!! sooo a inline pump is necessary to achieve this HP? Just want to know what I gotta do
(#34)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 08-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There are always some pretty nice high HP Zs there. They don't even get warmed up until 800whp.
I've owned a couple TT Z32's in the past. Awesome cars but owning a engine hoist to do most of the DIY work wasn't fun. Also the HICAS system annoyed the hell out of me. Those cars were WAY ahead of their time IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
Who would have thought, three years ago, that a stock turbo car could make anywhere close to this much power.
I know right, lol

2012 F30 335i ZF8 400M

JB4 Stage 2 / Rev 3 Connect Kit / VRSF ** / BMS Intake / Bilstein PSS10 B16 / Michelin PS4
(#35)
Old

Car: e92 335i Coupe
Default 08-28-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz
Congratz!! sooo a inline pump is necessary to achieve this HP? Just want to know what I gotta do
Order it, i'll send u to a shop to install it with a hook up price. He can do the install at night in his shop too. Get it done before SS!

JB+RB=
(#36)
Old

Car: 09 335i
Default 08-29-2013, 05:57 AM

congrats Terry

09 335i Sport --JB4--TFT Inlet--Macht Schnell **--AMS FMIC--HPF Gen2--Walbro 455 LPFP--SPEC stage 3+ with steel flywheel--Flash by WEDGE--
(#37)
Old
Prodigal Son

Car: 535xi
Default 08-29-2013, 06:21 AM

This is some feat. Simply amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
I've owned a couple TT Z32's in the past. Awesome cars but owning a engine hoist to do most of the DIY work wasn't fun. Also the HICAS system annoyed the hell out of me. Those cars were WAY ahead of their time IMO...
Just saw this and I agree. The new Zs aren't even as complicated at that car was. That car was Bavarian complicated.

Current Ride: Still picking one
(#38)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM

@Terry - Does this BB flash use tables/parameters unavailable with the COBB BMS Flash or have you just tweaked parameters that are accessible on both?

compared to the 461whp run it just looks a bit leaner and more timing correct?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2013, 03:53 PM

They are different platforms and have some tables and logic in common while other tables and logic are different. Since the BB flash solution is free we'll be spending most of our back end flash development time there.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
They are different platforms and have some tables and logic in common while other tables and logic are different. Since the BB flash solution is free we'll be spending most of our back end flash development time there.
I think you just convinced me to dump my cobb and use the BT for the flash. I also won't have to email you every other week to check for flash updates.
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM

The Cobb is great too it's just easier to have everyone on the same platform.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-29-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Disappointing to read for those of us who bought a COBB from BMS to load the flash...

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#43)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWil335i
Disappointing to read for those of us who bought a COBB from BMS to load the flash...
A little, but the Cobb has a high resale value. And great support.
(#44)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-30-2013, 06:44 AM

So....... Did i just waste my money buying a Cobb AP for the Burger Flash files?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWil335i
Such is life unfortunately. The free software did not exist a month ago and today it does. On the Cobb's we sold there was not much profit in those. It was simply a service for customers who wanted one. Those who have them should not have too much of a problem reselling them should they decide to do so. The further away you get from forums the higher the resale price will be. So places like eBay, local non-forum based car clubs, etc, are a good place to start there.

The good news is the Cobb back end flash maps exist and work fine. In some cases (like the 335is, 1M), the Cobb maps are all we offer currently. So you can continue to run it. But let's be honest here now that that free option exists, it would be foolish of us not to make that the centerpiece of flash map development. Especially considering the programming environment is a lot more open.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Car: 07 AW 335I Coupe
Default 08-30-2013, 09:38 AM

I thought you had to run the bb flash on map 0?

Last edited by Paulito; 08-30-2013 at 09:46 AM..
(#47)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulito
I thought you had to run the bb flash on map 0?
You have to set it to Map 0 to perform the read/write.

|2007 E92 SGM 335i|
Cobbv3 BMS DCI & OCC VRSF *** & FMIC E85 Custom Backend & Alpina TCU flash ER CP RB PCV+Cap
Walbro 255 Rohana RC5 19s Nittos 555 245/275 Cyba Scoops LUX V3 M3 Cowl ST Coils LCI Tails

(#48)
Old

Car: 2011 335i X Drive
Default 08-30-2013, 09:52 AM

Wow those are insane numbers! COngrats!!

2018 C43 AMG Black/Black
JB1 coming soon...
(#49)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-30-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Such is life unfortunately. The free software did not exist a month ago and today it does. On the Cobb's we sold there was not much profit in those. It was simply a service for customers who wanted one. Those who have them should not have too much of a problem reselling them should they decide to do so. The further away you get from forums the higher the resale price will be. So places like eBay, local non-forum based car clubs, etc, are a good place to start there.

The good news is the Cobb back end flash maps exist and work fine. In some cases (like the 335is, 1M), the Cobb maps are all we offer currently. So you can continue to run it. But let's be honest here now that that free option exists, it would be foolish of us not to make that the centerpiece of flash map development. Especially considering the programming environment is a lot more open.
I wasn't trying to imply you were taking our money and running... just frustrated that if I want to get the best tune for my setup, I'll have to sell the COBB and buy a BT cable (and battery charger apparently). And by the time that happens, my track day season will be over. Maybe I'll wait and see if someone creates a method to use the $100 cable I bought for the Alpina flash.

Pay to play if you wanna go fast I guess...

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#50)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-30-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:

I have a BT cable and IJEOS ROM, I also have the COBB AP however I would prefer to load the BMS backend flash via the AP just for peace of mind as i'm sure that others prefer to do it this way if they already have a COBB AP. It's not worth selling the AP for $400 IMO. If I didn't have the COBB I would use the BB flash and probably will do in the future anyway if development of your backend flash via AP isn't up to speed with the BB versions.

Just my $0.02c

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT