N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-02-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Decided to jump on the dyno today just to see where it stands on pump gas and get my feet wet with it. For those that may have missed it we're using a FFTEC 6466 kit.

I ran it at ~19.5psi with a pump gas flash I've been street tuning and it did pretty well. The car has 3.46 gears so these runs were done in 5th gear as 4th was just too short of a pull to see what was going on with the tuning. The car has midcats in place currently.

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning.
What were the fueling mods done to this e92. Is it the inline pump?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
What were the fueling mods done to this e92. Is it the inline pump?
255 inline.

Exhaust was just made as well.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old
Legend

Default 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
255 inline.

Exhaust was just made as well.
Awesome! That inline pump looks promising with a single turbo setup. Can't wait to install mine tomorrow. Getting ready for NFZ..

That exhaust looks sweet! No ***, just straight piped to stock mufflers.

Burger Motorsports

(#54)
Old

Car: 2013 C63 AMG
Default 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM

These cars gonna be at no fly zone?!?! If so, game over for me.

2015 Nissan GTR
FBO E85
665whp/668wtq (SAE Dynojet 224)
(#55)
Old

Car: 535xi
Default 11-02-2013, 07:21 PM

So this is the same kit that shiv is using on his cars right? I just spent the last couple hrs reading all 9 pages of his thread about the first 335xi with the 62mm single... is this also available for the 535xi???

I've started saving, and hopefully I'll be able to upgrade the turbos in the next yr... if I'm gonna go with a ST setup, I won't waste my money on 2 **'s in the meantime

2010 535xi
ALL black, murdered out FBO jb4+flash
Fuel It! stage 2 LPFP on the way

12.400@112.16/1.731 60'
4205lbs
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyper
These cars gonna be at no fly zone?!?! If so, game over for me.
The 1 series won't be ready it looks like but the E92 will be. It should be a good race for you actually. I'll be running it at 20psi since it will be our first time racing it. Maybe 600rw with the new exhaust and some meth spraying? I expect the race weight will be around 3650#. So a bit lighter. But the 6466 is a pretty slow spool. Starting at 50mph in 3rd I'll probably be a couple cars behind you before it gets up to full boost. Shooting for 160mph traps with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old
Legend

Default 11-03-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
The 1 series won't be ready it looks like but the E92 will be. It should be a good race for you actually. I'll be running it at 20psi since it will be our first time racing it. Maybe 600rw with the new exhaust and some meth spraying? I expect the race weight will be around 3650#. So a bit lighter. But the 6466 is a pretty slow spool. Starting at 50mph in 3rd I'll probably be a couple cars behind you before it gets up to full boost. Shooting for 160mph traps with it.
Brake boosting will definitely help in third gear. That car is a manual so the gears are longer. I'd do a 45mph second gear, it should be fine with that size turbo. It will spool much faster than 3rd gear, and might like to bring the ass out a little. I'm sure a good driver will be able to handle that though. I'm super excited to see her fly!

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Brake boosting will definitely help in third gear. That car is a manual so the gears are longer. I'd do a 45mph second gear, it should be fine with that size turbo. It will spool much faster than 3rd gear, and might like to bring the ass out a little. I'm sure a good driver will be able to handle that though. I'm super excited to see her fly!
I'll VBOX it both ways to see what works better. It has 3.46s. Maybe I need to figure out some sort of way to make the 2STEP kick in during rolling runs to spool that bitch up!

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335xi
Default 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I'Maybe I need to figure out some sort of way to make the 2STEP kick in during rolling runs to spool that bitch up!
2 Step cruise control lol
(#60)
Old

Car: any
Default 11-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I'll VBOX it both ways to see what works better. It has 3.46s. Maybe I need to figure out some sort of way to make the 2STEP kick in during rolling runs to spool that bitch up!

theres nothing more i would want than this. I know proefi has a system where you go the speed you want to go say a 60 roll and you press a button and while the button is pressed you floor it it keeps your rpm and with the release of a button you have wot and a lot more boost than you would brake boosting

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.
(#61)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The 1 series won't be ready
I'm not travelling 7,500 miles to NFZ to just see your E92 race.

BTW I don't need a ride up to NFZ anymore. Will see you there.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#62)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, please do something! I would like to be able to spool better off the line with the 6AT (aside from a high stall converter). I can only get about 2.5 psi. Even if I could get 5 or 6 psi I think it would pull nicely off the line.

I'm thinking of retarding the crap out of timing and dumping a bit more fuel in the spool-up maps on the flash. I'm not really sure when spool mode kicks in, or if it will even kick in while loading up from a stand still, though.

Ferrari Red F80
(#63)
Old
Legend

Default 11-03-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Ahh I forgot it has the auto diff. Then maybe 3rd gear wont be too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDBi
theres nothing more i would want than this. I know proefi has a system where you go the speed you want to go say a 60 roll and you press a button and while the button is pressed you floor it it keeps your rpm and with the release of a button you have wot and a lot more boost than you would brake boosting
Add me to the list brotha! If you can do a 2 step like that, oooooh nuts. Game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
I'm not travelling 7,500 miles to NFZ to just see your E92 race.

BTW I don't need a ride up to NFZ anymore. Will see you there.
Damn, i didn't even notice you were from Aus when you first said you were coming down. Excited to meet more people on this site!

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Car: n54 TOOPL3SS
Default 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM

this exhaust setup looks so clean ....
(#65)
Old

Car: IS300
Default 11-08-2013, 11:15 PM

Few More pics.

Today the wastegate placement was finalized, and committed to permanent weld. Now the collector and Head flange will be final welded to complete the manifold.

The ******** is mocked up, test fitted, and ready to be final welded also.

Here is a link with some tech, showcasing some aspects of our quality control, and what sets us apart from competitors: https://www.fftec.com/article/149/FF...ng_Basics.html

Onto the photos.

Thanks!

-Anthony
(#66)
Old
Legend

Default 11-09-2013, 12:56 AM

Beautiful pictures. Is that a straight 3" from turbo?

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Car: IS300
Default 11-09-2013, 01:11 AM

Yes it is.
(#68)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-09-2013, 07:14 AM

Soooooooo much sex!!!
Beautiful work guys.

(#69)
Old

Car: AW 335i
Default 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM

It looks like the coolant reservoir needs to be relocated to allow the top mount to fit. How would this work?

2008 335i stock
(#70)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 11-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
It looks like the coolant reservoir needs to be relocated to allow the top mount to fit. How would this work?
You can use the 335D reservoir, it will relocate to the other side of the engine bay. I believe Eleventeen is doing that as well.
(#71)
Old

Car: AW 335i
Default 11-10-2013, 06:06 AM

I haven't heard of that before...good info! Thanks!

2008 335i stock
(#72)
Old

Car: E92
Default 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbolexis
Few More pics.

Today the wastegate placement was finalized, and committed to permanent weld. Now the collector and Head flange will be final welded to complete the manifold.

The ******** is mocked up, test fitted, and ready to be final welded also.

Here is a link with some tech, showcasing some aspects of our quality control, and what sets us apart from competitors: https://www.fftec.com/article/149/FF...ng_Basics.html

Onto the photos.

Thanks!

-Anthony
Nice. Where are the 02 sensors going?

TS N54
(#73)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM

What is the reason why I don't see anything about turbo upgrading for the N55?

BTW nice work!

JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, E85, BMS OCC, BMS Spacers, ECS Blackout Kidney Grille.
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Our 2011 N55 is up at Vargas right now for fitment of a hybrid turbo upgrade. We'll see how it does shortly I hope.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Our 2011 N55 is up at Vargas right now for fitment of a hybrid turbo upgrade. We'll see how it does shortly I hope.
+1 this timeline is killing us; but I understand the reasons...