N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2013, 05:04 PM

Decided to jump on the dyno today just to see where it stands on pump gas and get my feet wet with it. For those that may have missed it we're using a FFTEC 6466 kit.

I ran it at ~19.5psi with a pump gas flash I've been street tuning and it did pretty well. The car has 3.46 gears so these runs were done in 5th gear as 4th was just too short of a pull to see what was going on with the tuning. The car has midcats in place currently.

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Decided to jump on the dyno today just to see where it stands on pump gas and get my feet wet with it. For those that may have missed it we're using a FFTEC 6466 kit.

I ran it at ~19.5psi with a pump gas flash I've been street tuning and it did pretty well. The car has 3.46 gears so these runs were done in 5th gear as 4th was just too short of a pull to see what was going on with the tuning. The car has midcats in place currently.

Overall, not a bad starting point. Next up we'll be reworking the exhaust a bit and raising the boost/advance for some E85 tuning.
THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC!!!
How does the trans seem to be handling this power right now?

(#28)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Our 135i was dropped off at FFTEC this morning for top mount treatment.
its already all over social medias
Attached Images

(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 10-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:

just when i was starting to get a little coky you have to pull this out..
(#31)
Old

Car: 2008 335I
Default 10-23-2013, 10:13 AM

:c lap::cla p:

IM IN!!!
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranch335i
:c lap::cla p:

IM IN!!!
I think the top mount twin scroll using the same turbo is going to be the ideal choice for your car.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Now that you are tuning a ST I might have to jump on the wagon...

-2007 335i - All stock
12.3@118+mph

-2007 Suzuki SV650 - Evotech FE, M4 Carbon Slip-on, Solo Seat

(#34)
Old

Car: 2008 335I
Default 10-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I think the top mount twin scroll using the same turbo is going to be the ideal choice for your car.
sure!!!! whatever!!!! im in!!!!!
(#35)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 10-23-2013, 04:59 PM

cant wait to see the results

<-- Click on pic for the build thread 1m bodywork,helixIC,ONE EIGHTY head lights, JB4,Seibon GTR hood , i carbon trunk,meth, BMS intake,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo, BBS FIR's coming
(#36)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM

Subscribed!

'09 135i AT | JB4 G5 | Wedge E85 Flash | Alpina Flash | RB Turbos | Walbro 255 | Evolution Racewerks CP | Forge DV's | ER FMIC | aFe DCI | Macht Schnell ** | Borla Dual Race Exhaust | NGK 5992 | BMS Oil T-Stat Bypass | BMS OCC | BMS Cowl Filter Covers
(#37)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM

What's the AR on the exhaust turbine on the 6466. Maybe a little boost ramp would make it easier to handle when boost comes in. If you look when it's about to hit full boost, 4.2k rpm-4.5krpm it shoots over 100whp. In just 300rpm LOL. I can only imagine what a handful it is.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 10-23-2013, 11:54 PM

congarts Terry amazing numbers !! btw could you give us cost estimate for top mounted ST setup include all hardware turbo, WG.. etc ?
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM

Including labor, fluids, tax, etc, around $10k installed and out the door.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 09 335i xDrive 6spd
Default 10-24-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Let's see some vids!!

< Click picture for photoshoot
E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come
(#41)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335xi
Default 10-24-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Any thoughts of opening a shop in Mass? I'd be in.
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times
Any thoughts of opening a shop in Mass? I'd be in.
We don't do labor so I just shipped our car over to FFTEC.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
We don't do labor so I just shipped our car over to FFTEC.
I wish you did labor... I only trust you LOL

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: 2011 135i N55
Default 10-25-2013, 08:50 AM

Anyone want to buy a N55 135i? I need an N54!!

BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS **, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, KW CS Coilover, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, Stage 2 Fuel Pump, M3 Control Arms, Dinan Camber Plates, Pure Stage 2.
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM

For those interested in the boost solenoid testing we're doing. MAC @ 20hz, 25-70% duty cycle (e.g. its usable range), OEM at 2.4khz, 0-100% duty cycle.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Car: 335i sedan
Default 10-27-2013, 04:09 AM

just to clarify, both of the ST setup are on 135 ? any plans for 335 ?
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2013, 08:27 AM

One on our 135 and the other on our 335.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM

Any progress on this? 600whp yet?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7" V R S F FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER **, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#49)
Old

Default 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Are there any performance advantages with a top mount turbo ? What are the differences between the two setup ?
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
Any progress on this? 600whp yet?
The car is up at FFTEC getting a custom exhaust made right now and an install error corrected on the drain line. Hope to get back to work on it in a week or two.

Burger Motorsports