N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2676)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom77
Terry, Can you take a look at my log and see if you can help me get PI working again? Thanks
Looks OK to me. I see the request out on fuel enrichment. You have not set meth flow scaling to 100, so can't see the reply for this low target. Relog with meth flow scaling to 100.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2677)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitry18
So after trying even a new jb4 board, my mac solenoid keeps reading 12v to both wires therefore not allowing me to controll boost through out the maps( get wastegate pressure on every map) anyone find a solution to this problem im sure im not the only one that has experienced it????
Voltage is only part of the story. You also need current, which comes from the side of the boost solenoid the JB4/DME is not connected too. You could try jumping a wire from that side of the solenoid to the battery rail as a test.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2678)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-24-2017, 06:29 PM

Added 13.2_T1 firmware to fix a possible port injection bug at very high injection levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#2679)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 10-24-2017, 01:35 AM

I need to travel soon and my car might get first start after ST conversion to just check for general leaks etc on the twin jb4 firmware while I'm away. Will there be any issues with this if just on idle? Will upload ST firmware before driving.
(#2680)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2017, 07:40 AM

No problems at idle and low throttle driving.

Burger Motorsports

(#2681)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2017, 08:51 AM

v13_3 firmware

1) Revised virtual flex fuel sensor logic to support KLINE models. After loading new firmware DME has to be reset before you'll get any sort of virtual reading. Lock doors and wait 5 min if you want to test it right away.
2) Those with PortInjection should set "meth scaling" to 99, which tells the JB4 you are running a BMS PI controller and formats the PI input as needed. Soon we'll be adding additional PI safety systems that require this setting to be enabled.
3) Minor adjustment to PI scaling as a function of E85 reading, if enabled.

Burger Motorsports

(#2682)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2017, 11:58 AM

Also for the single turbo firmware I'm working on a new safety system for monitoring timing drops and reverting to map1 if they exceed a certain number. If you have time to help log it, drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

(#2683)
Old

Car: 135i
Default A+ - 10-30-2017, 12:43 PM

That sounds awesome Terry!!! not sure why I have so many more timing drops since Single Turbo installed. Never had any that I notice when running RB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Also for the single turbo firmware I'm working on a new safety system for monitoring timing drops and reverting to map1 if they exceed a certain number. If you have time to help log it, drop me an email.

|2008 135i N54 | VRSF FBO| Motiv Port Injection | BMS PI Controller| AD-E ST Kit 6062 | JB4 G5 ISO 13.0 | BMS ST/MHD E85 Flash | 60% e70 | Fuel-It Stage3 LPFP | Spec2+/SMFW |3.5 TMAP | NLS

"stock"
(#2684)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Yes it's a strange phenomena... In many cases they seem false, so maybe some harmonic changes are need to the KR tables for singles, but I want to improve the safety systems and better incorporate a knock count on singles, might save a few motors.

Burger Motorsports

(#2685)
Old

Car: Bmw 135i track car
Default 11-04-2017, 03:52 AM

Hi there Terry,
Chris from the uk here.
I’m using a internal gated twin scroll Borg warner efr7670 for my single conversion.
The turbo comes with a pierburg 3 port boost solenoid already,
Do you known if that boost solenoid is compatible with the jb4?.
Thanks

Last edited by Blocks85; 11-05-2017 at 01:59 AM..
(#2686)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM

I would guess it will work. Let's find out!

Burger Motorsports

(#2687)
Old

Car: Bmw 135i track car
Default 11-05-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
I would guess it will work. Let's find out!
Thanks for the reply terry,
Little update,
The standard boost solenoids are pierburg and the one that comes on the EFR turbo is a pierburg and bingo the connections are the same.
Fingers crossed it works the same Which as you said hopefully it will.
Thanks

(#2688)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500hp500tq
That sounds awesome Terry!!! not sure why I have so many more timing drops since Single Turbo installed. Never had any that I notice when running RB's
Email me and help log/test it!

Burger Motorsports

(#2689)
Old

Default 11-06-2017, 04:12 AM

Now we have to update te news firmwares,the scalar flow set to 100?

So for those of us who use the cooling methanol kit that we used the 100 to work properly, how should we set it? because since I made (or was casuality) Ive error 004 in the control CGMS (bought in his day to BMS, is not a cooling mist).

Any solution?
(#2690)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2017, 08:39 AM

For the CMGS I think it had a straight 0-5v output for flow, so meth flow scaling 100 would be appropriate for that setup. Although I'd encourage you to dump it and run our FSB instead, and monitor meth flow in dash.

Burger Motorsports

(#2691)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
For the CMGS I think it had a straight 0-5v output for flow, so meth flow scaling 100 would be appropriate for that setup. Although I'd encourage you to dump it and run our FSB instead, and monitor meth flow in dash.
Terry, I also have the FSB that was bought from you along with the CMGS driver.

Are you telling me to remove the CMGS driver and use only the FSB?
It has been working well all this time and controls 2 injectors, if I uninstall it, the 2 injectors are working at once and now I have it configured so that only one works from 8 psi and the second from 16 psi.
I also have the option 7/5 to see in the dash that the methanol flows correctly.

I ask
Is this because of the updates that 100 is now used for PI? (the error 004)
Thank you

pd: by the way, the driver version is 1.10 in case it's worth something

Last edited by sirfredi; 11-07-2017 at 11:09 AM..
(#2692)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 11:10 AM

The CM FSB won't work without the CMGS, so you'd have to ditch both, replace with a new FSB. Sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#2693)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
The CM FSB won't work without the CMGS, so you'd have to ditch both, replace with a new FSB. Sorry.
Sorry for the insistence but.

In theory with the new firmwares should work as usual, right?
that although 100 is now used for PI, the methanol kit should work correctly.

If the answer is yes, then I will investigate if it is a leak because the 004 also says it could be due to a leak (rare but it can happen with so many years).
004 pump problem. May be a leak, disconnected, or some other issue.
Thanks for you time
(#2694)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 11:19 AM

The JB4 meth input does not care what flow sensor you use, you just need to set the voltage range properly. So if your setup is giving 0v at 0% flow and 5v at 100% flow, then a scaling of 100 is appropriate.

For any other CMGS questions I'd refer you to CoolingMist directly. I have not used one in years and do not remember the various error codes and setup details.

Burger Motorsports

(#2695)
Old

Default 11-07-2017, 01:40 PM

ok !!!!

I will look then what is the problem
(#2696)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 11-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Anyone seen boost target stuck at 10psi before no matter what map? TMAP set to 2 (4bar), boost safety out of the way, nothing funky in MHD, ST firmware and up to date interface, does it on BMS backends or custom. Odd.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-11-07 15_21_11.csv (8.9 KB, 8 views)
(#2697)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bait
Anyone seen boost target stuck at 10psi before no matter what map? TMAP set to 2 (4bar), boost safety out of the way, nothing funky in MHD, ST firmware and up to date interface, does it on BMS backends or custom. Odd.
First thing to do is to open the CSV and look at their settings. In this case, you can see he's set "meth safety mode = 4".

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  128.6 KB

From the firmware notes:

Quote:
*Meth Safety Mode All Versions

0 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow & historic timing (default)
1 - Raise boost on map3 as a function of meth flow only
2 - Start at normal target and failsafe IF flow drops below flow level for 1 second under boost. Enabled for all maps.
3 - When on map3 meth flow is completely ignored. Useful for using map3 as an adjustable non-meth map.
4 - Run a progressive meth safety on all maps
Since he has no meth flow registering, it's holding boost low, until it sees meth flow. So set meth safety mode = 0 if he does not have a meth kit and/or does not want that safety enabled on map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#2698)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Default 11-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
First thing to do is to open the CSV and look at their settings. In this case, you can see he's set "meth safety mode = 4".

Attachment 69064

From the firmware notes:

Since he has no meth flow registering, it's holding boost low, until it sees meth flow. So set meth safety mode = 0 if he does not have a meth kit and/or does not want that safety enabled on map2.
Thanks Terry didn't catch that one, appreciate it and so does the shop owner who was having a bad week with this. I thought map 3 was only meth for normal firmware, not ST, didn't remember that global setting, good to know!
(#2699)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2017, 06:09 PM

No problem. That's the trade off with giving lots of flexibility... Sometimes customers miss settings and then wind up confused as to why it's not working right.

Burger Motorsports

(#2700)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 11-14-2017, 04:24 PM

installed acf top mount single turbo kit. Single turbo bef mhd. Is map one sill safety map? Im having over boosting problems. Shots to 21psi on pulls. Used white and green springs in the waste gates. Please let me know if you have any suggestions will try to post a log soon