N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 11-22-2010, 06:21 PM

just to send to you to see if everything is looking smooth! and btw got the ** fix in today thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just depends what you are trying to figure out... But normally 3rd gear 2-7k is a good range. And some hard shifts.
(#52)
Old
Joose Bocks

Car: 135, AT, JB3, DCI...
Default 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM

Woot, meth flow!
(#53)
Old
Joose Bocks

Car: 135, AT, JB3, DCI...
Default 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Hey T,

Question, will there be any type of analog or differential voltage input in the G4 to allow users to log analog voltages? Or perhaps even do conversions to display 0-5v = 0-100% or whatever it is you are logging, EGT, AFR or nitrous solenoid 0/1 open/close status etc...
(#54)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 11-22-2010, 10:18 PM

Looks like we are getting closer. All you Alpha testers need to get back to work
(#55)
Old

Car: e91 335i
Default 11-22-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockin330i
What else can you make?
procede.

all jokes aside, we make toys, gadgets, small home appliances..etc.
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBFIU
Hey T,

Question, will there be any type of analog or differential voltage input in the G4 to allow users to log analog voltages? Or perhaps even do conversions to display 0-5v = 0-100% or whatever it is you are logging, EGT, AFR or nitrous solenoid 0/1 open/close status etc...
Yes I am working with an alpha tester now who has a wideband input he wants to log. As of right now with the G4 we have 2 spare 0-5v analog inputs. One for say meth and the other as a misc. But we have 2 more on the chip we could extend out to the DB9 for future use. I'll look in to that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-23-2010, 01:05 PM

Come on terry stop teasing us! :P

'09 BMW 135i
Full-Bolt on || VC2 CM || Drag Radials || JB4
(#58)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-23-2010, 02:01 PM

Alpha tester reporting for duty sir. Raining in the ATL right now though.

Quickest ET - 12.016 @ 117.64mph
Fastest Trap - 12.089 @ 118.11mph
(#59)
Old

Default 11-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Can I buy a new JB4 without the hassle of upgrading?

Eventually. But resources to build the JB4 boards are limited and there are thousands of existing customers who will want to upgrade. First priority will be given to existing original purchasing customers. So either enjoy the G3 now and take the free upgrade later, tide yourself over with a JB+, or sit on the sidelines a little longer.
This is what I call ultimate customer care and support. Every damn company out there just care about getting new customers, (hint: cellphone and cable/sat tv). I'm so glad that I made the choice to go with BMS for my tuning needs

Now, can we've the JB4 already? it's almost thanksgiving.
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM

5 more going out today assembled by yours truly. Eric, Son, and Jon get back Monday and we've got supplies sitting around for them to build another 100.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-23-2010, 04:39 PM

put me down for one please!!!!! lol
(#62)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-23-2010, 09:13 PM

This is a great upgrade, cant wait to see the full release! Thanks Terry!

///135i LeMans - Riss Racing OCC, Shadowline Grills, Magnaflow Axle-Back, JB4, ETS FMIC, BMW DCI, BMW Perf Side Skirts, E93 M3 Front Sway
Flickr

(#63)
Old
Can I haz boost?

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Terry, im on the verge of wetting myself from the excitement!

I got my JB3 about a week or so ago and im in love with with...when can i upgrade!!

Current:
07 e92 BMW 335i 6spd: Injen Dual Cai, Charge Pipe, CP-E Exhaust, JB4
Previous:
2003 Acura RSX-S...400Whp Turbo...Sold...
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Two more local alpha testers installed, two more to go. Busy day.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 11-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Terry,
Just got mine installed and the car cranked!!! LOL uploaded 11/20/10 firmware and going for a test drive on map1 right now. Will log a few WOT 3rd gears.

(#66)
Old

Default 11-24-2010, 03:34 PM

map 1? you a sissy
(#67)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
map 1? you a sissy
(#68)
Old

Default 11-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
map 1? you a sissy
LMAO... Thanks for that. I am being a good alpha tester and doing as I am instructed by the Jedi master.

Terry,
Did a few WOT 2nd-4th gear runs. Check your email. All I can say is this thing (JB4) is amazing, although the blinkers flashing (for shift light) the first time did scare the #$%# out of me. LOL

I also put the "what's happening" on some kid in a super teriyaki packaged G35 from a stop light from 0-60. I got to 60 and let off (speed limit was 55mph) and about 2-3 seconds later he came screaming by.

Last edited by ktmsmr12; 11-24-2010 at 05:39 PM..
(#69)
Old

Default 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmsmr12
LMAO... Thanks for that. I am being a good alpha tester and doing as I am instructed by the Jedi master.

Terry,
Did a few WOT 2nd-4th gear runs. Check your email. All I can say is this thing (JB4) is amazing, although the blinkers flashing (for shift light) the first time did scare the #$%# out of me. LOL

I also put the "what's happening" on some kid in a super teriyaki packaged G35 from a stop light from 0-60. I got to 60 and let off (speed limit was 55mph) and about 2-3 seconds later he came screaming by.
I unersdtand young Patawan we were all there at one point or another

I too just came back from a logging trip with the Mrs. she now has to change clothes. I dont know if it was fear or excitement
(#70)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 11-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I unersdtand young Patawan we were all there at one point or another

I too just came back from a logging trip with the Mrs. she now has to change clothes. I dont know if it was fear or excitement
...I cant wait to get this same reaction.
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmsmr12

Terry,

Nice! Will check when I get back home.

To all alpha testers: I'll be gone tomorrow through Saturday afternoon for the holiday. But will check email from time to time. So be sure to email me if you need any help. Public posting of alpha secrets (aside from general reviews!) or worse yet asking for help on the forums will land you in BMS jail.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 11-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Have some nice time off and enjoy the holiday. You deserve it!
(#73)
Old

Default 11-24-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nice! Will check when I get back home.

To all alpha testers: I'll be gone tomorrow through Saturday afternoon for the holiday. But will check email from time to time. So be sure to email me if you need any help. Public posting of alpha secrets (aside from general reviews!) or worse yet asking for help on the forums will land you in BMS jail.
in BMS jail are you surrounded by spent HPFP's?

Enjoy the turkey everyone .

N54 coupe coming soon
(#74)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 11-26-2010, 02:43 AM

I have envy!

greetings

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#75)
Old

Default 11-27-2010, 12:00 AM

Hi Terry. As I understand... With the JB3 the way to ensure safety is to log timing and look for timing being pulled. With the JB4, we can display timing on one of our gauges and look for it being pulled. That seems doable, though a little tough to watch for. Is there something else the JB4 can monitor to warn of a dangerous condition? For example, can Knock be monitored on the CAN? If so, and if knock is the right thing to look for, it would be great to enable a warning light that stays on for a few seconds or long enough to notice it. Maybe there's something else that would be better to monitor. In any case, since these events happen so quickly, it would be helpful to enable a warning light that stays on for a few seconds when there's a dangerous event that only lasts a few engine cycles.

Thanks!