N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default 09-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Yes, i have a g5 and map 0 forever that i flasher the car. But don't work .
INPA, NCS EXPERT, MHD Etc work fine but xhp not connect.

Last edited by sirfredi; 09-12-2017 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
09n54jb4 09n54jb4 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2017
Car: 09 335i
Default 09-13-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
Yes, i have a g5 and map 0 forever that i flasher the car. But don't work .
INPA, NCS EXPERT, MHD Etc work fine but xhp not connect.
Try uninstalling the xhp app then reinstall.
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default 09-14-2017, 12:04 AM

i try in 3 differents phones..

1 hisense c20
1 samsung s6 edge
1 samsung s8+

not work.

any idea?
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
threethirtyfive threethirtyfive is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 304
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 335i e90
Default 09-17-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have to remove the JB4 to do any flashing you're doing something wrong. We along with hundreds of others load flash maps regularly with JB4 on map0.
This.

I have ran JB4 for five years now, never had to remove it for any flashing. That includes Aplina, BB, MHD and xHP. The auto map 0 makes it super nice.

I still think most people having issues are skipping the charger, it can cause loads of of issues if you dip below 12v midway through the process. Especially the first go with the backup etc. Car will start fine but your voltage is too low for flashing. xHP is very sensitive to this, MHD less so.


'07 e90
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
threethirtyfive threethirtyfive is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 304
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 335i e90
Default 09-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
i try in 3 differents phones..

1 hisense c20
1 samsung s6 edge
1 samsung s8+

not work.

any idea?
Order their recommended OTG and DCAN cable, had the same issue. Cable that worked for my Alpina would not work. Got theirs, golden. Also, try un plugging and plugging the cable and connecting a few times.


'07 e90
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default 09-18-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
Order their recommended OTG and DCAN cable, had the same issue. Cable that worked for my Alpina would not work. Got theirs, golden. Also, try un plugging and plugging the cable and connecting a few times.
I have removed the jb and it has worked for me, something must happen with jb4.

I have tried with 3 different cables (tested in other cars and work perfectly), but in this IJE0S it is impossible to flash with xhp without removing the piggy back.

I would like to know why this happens.
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
ajsalida ajsalida is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: e92 335xi
Default 09-18-2017, 03:39 AM

Not true. My car has IJEOS also and had no issues flashing xHP (recent) or various JB4 BEF's (a few years). Some have indicated problems might be related to using older JB4 firmware, mine is most recent minus 1 rev. Good higher amperage battery charger is important too. Using an older cheap ebay dcan cable + OTG adapter for xHP and BT cable for BEF. Never had to disconnect JB4.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default 09-18-2017, 03:51 AM

I'm very happy for you, and that you can do it without problems, but it does not happen to you does not mean that I tell a lie.

The jb has the latest single turbo firmware, I do not think that is definitely the problem.
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
ajsalida ajsalida is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 293
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: e92 335xi
Default 09-18-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfredi
I'm very happy for you, and that you can do it without problems, but it does not happen to you does not mean that I tell a lie.

The jb has the latest single turbo firmware, I do not think that is definitely the problem.
I never said you were lying, I have no doubt you are having problems but I doubt it is due to your car being IJEOS. If it is not due to some issue with JB4 single turbo firmware itself perhaps it is not having latest user interface?

My point was only that plenty of IJEOS + JB4 owners have flashed xHP/BEF without issues and some that did have issues when they updated firmware/UI problems went away.

Also xHP notorious for being very sensitive to voltage, I needed 10 amp charger else it failed repeatedly even on 2 amp charger, at least on initial install.
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is online now
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 09-18-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have to remove the JB4 to do any flashing you're doing something wrong. We along with hundreds of others load flash maps regularly with JB4 on map0.
I've never had to completely my JB4 either, but just stated that last part because I remember reading somewhere that it was what XHP was suggesting. I've flashed with MHD tons of times, and also had no issues with XHP. Since the update to automatically go to map0, I've always felt safe about plugging into the OBDii port to flash something without having to manually check myself. Thank you for that!
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
threethirtyfive threethirtyfive is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 304
Join Date: Aug 2013
Car: 335i e90
Default 09-20-2017, 06:33 AM

I'd say with 90% certainty that he is not using a charger and that is his issue, or one that is too low in amperage. xHP is hands down the most sensitive flashing program when it comes to voltage, even more so than BB was.

Been happy with my xHP, I ran the Alpina as soon as it was uncovered. I felt that with Alpina the S mode was annoying as it would always hang at the top of the gear and I found myself having to speed up, let it shift, and then slow down a bit. D mode was unusable with Alpina, horrible. I used to only use M, I have actually started using the D mode with the newest xHP version, I find it's great for cruising.

I feel like S mode is obsolete, I can only assume people use it because they have stock or no paddles. One thing that still blows my mind are folks that have spent $10k on upgrades and still have the OEM shift paddles... Buy M3 paddles and you will never find a need for S mode, it makes M mode very enjoyable.


'07 e90
Reply With Quote
(#37)
Old
xQx xQx is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 71
Join Date: Dec 2016
Car: 2008 BMW 135i E88 N54 6AT
Default 09-20-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
I feel like S mode is obsolete, I can only assume people use it because they have stock or no paddles. One thing that still blows my mind are folks that have spent $10k on upgrades and still have the OEM shift paddles... Buy M3 paddles and you will never find a need for S mode, it makes M mode very enjoyable.
Upgrade to Stage 3 v1.4 and give it a go - you might be pleasantly surprised. I'm a habitual manual shifter but v1.4 has got me driving in S mode because it's so good.

Why do you say the M3 paddles are better than stock? I agree they _look_ better, but functionality wise, what's the difference? I've re-wired my stock paddles so the left hand polarity is reversed (pull for downshift like normal cars, push for upshift).

I'm reluctant to change to M3 paddles because this way I can upshift or downshift from either side of the wheel, which is convenient when you've got the steering wheel inverted or got only one hand on the wheel.

But i've never driven or used M3 paddles, so I'd be interested in your experience.
Reply With Quote
(#38)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Yesterday, 01:06 AM

at the end remove the jb4 and I could do the flash without any problem and fast.

what surprised me is to see that you talk about stage 3 version 1.4, I just left to install version 0.9 and 1.0
Reply With Quote
(#39)
Old
dcafs dcafs is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 23
Join Date: Aug 2008
Car: BMW 135i Coupe
Default Yesterday, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx
Upgrade to Stage 3 v1.4 and give it a go - you might be pleasantly surprised. I'm a habitual manual shifter but v1.4 has got me driving in S mode because it's so good.
I second that opinion.

Just flashed V1.4 earlier today and S mode is wonderful.

Downshifts from 3rd into 2nd happen at just the right moment for taking corners.....it's as if the tranny reads my mind.
Reply With Quote
(#40)
Old
sirfredi's Avatar
sirfredi sirfredi is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Today, 07:38 AM

ok... i know because only have a 1.0

My TCU is hw 7566894... i have bad lucky.... pre 03/2007...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com