N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 135
Wink 04-28-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
And you are not acting like a white knight by typing all these rants up and hijacking this thread? Please...

I have no problem with RB, who I bought quite a few very well made parts from him and also called out Tony's BS for RB's sake over the years. But OP had a problem, and RB's attitude in this thread was disappointing to say the least. The same goes the guy with the trans cooler adaptor who is more interested in throwing diss to anyone who disagree with him than talking about actual data. So that makes me a white knight now, because you refuse to see the actual issue that are being discussed here? Don't even get me started on the amount of BS on the Frankenturbo threads...

Guess what, I did blame OP for not sending in his turbo earlier on e90post. Sure OP had a problem that he should have handled it earlier instead of sitting on them for 2 years (something he already admits, so no need to shame him any further), but RB is also trying to shift the blame by spewing up marketing BS, which I called him out for. That's it... If you don't like the way I talk on forums and how I apparently trying to sound smarter than everyone else. I am sorry, but I really don't have the energy to sugar coat every post I made for sensitive people like you... But I refuse to dumb things down and resort to throwing rants and insults like some of you guys here.

Anyway, I am done with your nonsense...
The actual issue is the OP's turbos have waste gate rattle...

What I am curious about is what is your actual issue? You state RB spewing up marketing BS, trying to shift blame and his "attitude"? What would you do as a "seller" or manufacturer if someone came to you and said something like this, "well they were messed up from day 1, but I decided I wanted to make it an issue today 730 days later...."

Funny you don't like someone's attitude, but its deemed "ok" if you don't have time to sugar coat it (as you call it), but not okay if Rob or another vendor doesn't? Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me...

But I am probably still missing the point, right?
(#27)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 04-28-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hunglow
The actual issue is the OP's turbos have waste gate rattle...

What I am curious about is what is your actual issue? You state RB spewing up marketing BS, trying to shift blame and his "attitude"? What would you do as a "seller" or manufacturer if someone came to you and said something like this, "well they were messed up from day 1, but I decided I wanted to make it an issue today 730 days later...."

Funny you don't like someone's attitude, but its deemed "ok" if you don't have time to sugar coat it (as you call it), but not okay if Rob or another vendor doesn't? Pot calling the kettle black if you ask me...

But I am probably still missing the point, right?
Looks like you didn't even bother to read the rest of threads. Whatever, if you have a personal thing against me, for whatever reason, I don't care and feel free to bitch about it all you want...

RB is a vendor, we are not. Would you consider his response on this forum as professional for someone spend thousands of dollars with?

A simple response saying "OP you have PM/email, lets discuss this in private as we have before" would have suffice, instead of launching a tirade against what I said about the pivot bushings and complaining how OP is being an ass for publicizing this...

09 BMW E92 335i: Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline / Vorshlag / Dinan / CSF / APEX Full Modlist
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#28)
Old

Car: 97 Supra
Default 04-29-2016, 08:28 AM

Sounds just like Rob's dismissing any other claims about his turbos malfunctioning. "If you're turbos are rattling it must be something other than my turbos -Rob" Same thing he told me with my oil burning and smoking, it must be something other than his turbos. No responsibility or accountability.
(#29)
Old

Car: E90
Default 05-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Definetly should've sent the turbos back from day 1 since they were rattling. However, since you didn't, at the least your partially to blame. Next time have more Due Diligence in the beginning and not a year or 2 later. This makes me sad as I thought RB was a good company with amazing Turbos, but maybe OEM will always last longer and is the better choice. Or maybe it's luck of the draw?!
(#30)
Old

Car: 07 335I
Default 05-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks335i7
Definetly should've sent the turbos back from day 1 since they were rattling. However, since you didn't, at the least your partially to blame. Next time have more Due Diligence in the beginning and not a year or 2 later. This makes me sad as I thought RB was a good company with amazing Turbos, but maybe OEM will always last longer and is the better choice. Or maybe it's luck of the draw?!
Yeah I definitely should have sent them back. I bought these May 2014 and contacted him about the rattle Dec. 2014 after changing everything in the vacuum system. His reply was to check the vacuum system. So for the second time I changed everything again and continued to troubleshoot. But I slacked off and didn't contact him again before the warranty ended totally my neglect. I really don't blame him or have anything bad to say about Rob. I hear more success with his turbo's then failures. Like you said I think it's just the luck of the draw. They still run strong and no leaks at all. Just get that crazy rattle going on.
(#31)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 05-05-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamlffl
rb turbos are garbage, he is a full of bs and so is his "warranty" he will always find a way to avoid responsibility
lol, this is why no one wins when you treat your customers and fellow readers like idiots...

09 BMW E92 335i: Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline / Vorshlag / Dinan / CSF / APEX Full Modlist
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#32)
Old

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-06-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
lol, this is why no one wins when you treat your customers and fellow readers like idiots...
My RB experience has always been nothing short of great. Fast replies, honest answers.

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Pure Turbos
TFT Inlet System
Fueling by Fuel-It!
(#33)
Old

Car: 2010 335xi
Thumbs down Lmao - 01-23-2017, 01:40 AM

Wow!!!! What a joke of a thread this is... really shows the forums how rb treats a high paying customer.. I was looking at picking up a pair of rb turbos but f that ish... poooooor customer service and to be so dismisive on forums whilst admiting running into the issue prior.. regardless if was a handful of people. Jesus, so glad i read all this bs and avoided a huge headache.. good lorddddd what a joke...
(#34)
Old

Car: 2010 335XI
Default 09-13-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus1337
Wow!!!! What a joke of a thread this is... really shows the forums how rb treats a high paying customer.. I was looking at picking up a pair of rb turbos but f that ish... poooooor customer service and to be so dismisive on forums whilst admiting running into the issue prior.. regardless if was a handful of people. Jesus, so glad i read all this bs and avoided a huge headache.. good lorddddd what a joke...
Well, if you think that's bad, you should try interracting with Pure Turbos! Don't even get my started on them... wow.

So far Rob has always been fantastic to deal with IMHO.