N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i 6MT
Default Spec Stage 3+ Slipping 6766 30+Psi - 09-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Clutch has maybe 2500miles on it, I broke it in for 600 miles.
Anything over 30psi and the clutch slips bad as soon as the car hits boost. I know im probably near the clutch tq limit but others have had good luck with the 3+ at this level.

Only thing I could think of is the rear main seal. When I did the clutch the main was relatively clean, and i heard to not replace if not absolutely necessary.

There is no adjustment on these clutch systems correct?

Looks like I will be putting another clutch in it regardless. If I go twin disk what would you guys recommend?

Attached Images

08 e92 335i 6MT 43kmiles
JPworkz PTE6266
Fuel-It PI + stage 3
VRSF 7in IC
JB4/MHD
Spec stage 3+
(#2)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 10:56 AM

Dope ride. Shame to hear spec 3 is slipping. I've seen many times clutches get oil fouled from pan leaks and rear main seal leaks.

I've seen failed PCV boost the crankcase and blow oil past the pan gasket on the clutch.

Pull it out yourself, and observe! If no oil, did you grease the input shaft upon install? I have also seen throwouts hang burning up the clutch after fresh installs.

Would you mind giving me more info on your rear tires? I need to setup my customers e92 n55 similarly.
(#3)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i 6MT
Default 09-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
Dope ride. Shame to hear spec 3 is slipping. I've seen many times clutches get oil fouled from pan leaks and rear main seal leaks.

I've seen failed PCV boost the crankcase and blow oil past the pan gasket on the clutch.

Pull it out yourself, and observe! If no oil, did you grease the input shaft upon install? I have also seen throwouts hang burning up the clutch after fresh installs.

Would you mind giving me more info on your rear tires? I need to setup my customers e92 n55 similarly.
The pcv situation is something to consider. I have only been running a proper pcv setup for about 1500 of those miles. I run the ade bypass with the jead ports plugged now.

I did not grease the input shaft due to the fear of centrifugal force pulling it out towards the mating surfaces of the clutch.

I will be pulling it apart in the next few weeks

08 e92 335i 6MT 43kmiles
JPworkz PTE6266
Fuel-It PI + stage 3
VRSF 7in IC
JB4/MHD
Spec stage 3+
(#4)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 09-10-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanPerformance
The pcv situation is something to consider. I have only been running a proper pcv setup for about 1500 of those miles. I run the ade bypass with the jead ports plugged now.

I did not grease the input shaft due to the fear of centrifugal force pulling it out towards the mating surfaces of the clutch.

I will be pulling it apart in the next few weeks
All of us are scared of that, but you have to put a little something on it. If I am not mistaken it's in the OEM write-up for clutch replacement. Just don't go wild with it, should be fine. I would at least look for oil leaks first before continuing to drive. Oil contamination will likely void warranty, have to ask spec.
(#5)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-11-2017, 09:13 PM

I destroyed my spec 3+ in no time with my 6466 on 26-30 psi, rivets holding the disk together sheared off.

07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, vrsf 7in fmic, vrsf cp, hks bov, bms occ, external pcv mod, adv O2's, ade port injection, bms meth kit dual cm10, MFactory twin disk, dual 450 in tanks/ 6an return and regulator, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors & pads, 1.5 lowering springs, 295/30/19 R888's, custom 3in to dual 3in resonated exhaust ,jb4 g5, mhd
(#6)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 09-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Mine held 40+ psi on my old 6766

JPkit | Ported head, Schrick cams| all the boost | tuned by Ken