N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: n54 awsum
Default block BOV hole on the charge pipe - 09-07-2017, 03:33 AM

I'm new here but have been reading stuff here since i was dreaming about my 135i.

So, I bought a JB4 recently and as expected, I broke my CP. I then bought a cheap one off ebay, but it came with 2 holes for the DV and one 47mm internal, 50mm external for an aftermarket BOV.

I've seen many solutions to tap the DV holes, but I cant find a single plug for the BOV hole. What do you guys use in this case? I mean, I don't like the noise a BOV makes, so I want to keep using stock DVs.

If I don't find any solution, I think I will weld it shut. Also, how important is for the CP to be smooth ? Is it important for a better airflow?

Thanks.
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 09-07-2017, 10:23 AM

you'll get more turbulence in the air than if it was smooth, but not sure its' going to make a noticeable difference in anything.
But a block off plate should work, rather than a plug. Could fab one and bolt it on, using RTV to be sure it seals.

2009 535i Sport
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers
(#3)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 09-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedisdangerous
I'm new here but have been reading stuff here since i was dreaming about my 135i.

So, I bought a JB4 recently and as expected, I broke my CP. I then bought a cheap one off ebay, but it came with 2 holes for the DV and one 47mm internal, 50mm external for an aftermarket BOV.

I've seen many solutions to tap the DV holes, but I cant find a single plug for the BOV hole. What do you guys use in this case? I mean, I don't like the noise a BOV makes, so I want to keep using stock DVs.

If I don't find any solution, I think I will weld it shut. Also, how important is for the CP to be smooth ? Is it important for a better airflow?

Thanks.
Honestly, at under 200$, you should just get rid of that cheap thing you bought on eBay and grab one of the many available well-made ones. If not, be careful a piece of your weld doesn't blow into the engine....
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-11-2017, 02:13 PM

I think I have a spare BMS charge pipe ready for DV's. PM if you are interested.