N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 07-17-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
There is no issue, never was. It's a factory feature from BMW on their "IS" N54 cars, just adding to those that didn't come w/ it.
Agreed. Had it with my Z4 35is prior to MHD and after MHD option I still have it but with ability to make some changes to it.

No difference whatsoever in my case for oil consumption or any other "symptoms" posted here.
(#127)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-17-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
There is no issue, never was. It's a factory feature from BMW on their "IS" N54 cars, just adding to those that didn't come w/ it.

FWIW Justin doesn't recommend long durations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@MHD View Post
i don't recommend running long durations.

Torgus: oh? why?

Response: Cylinder washing is one main thing to look out for. Also, for those people with cats (because there are some still), they will speed up the failure of the cats.

E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 JBD

Got Boost?
(#128)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-19-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
What is the equivalent settings to set on MHD that would be factory BMW "IS" ?
(#129)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 07-20-2017, 10:31 PM

Hey just thought I'd post up I flashed the latest MHD bms pi bef the other day and since then I have had an oil light come up level showed below the lower line and add 1L.
I did this and drove for a while and it came up again and showed the same level.
I decided to disconnect and reconnect the battery, after that it showed ok and level was on the full mark.
I run 0.1 and 0.3 (S) burble. Car blows no smoke and I normally don't need to add much oil between services, Maybe 1/2 L every 5000k's

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.