(#202)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 07-15-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker
Yep. BC Canada.
Nice! What area? Victoria, Vancouver, kelowna?

What 94 do you use? I think you guys have Chevron 94 there, but just a quick warning I heard (not sure it its legit, just alot of forum talk about it) alot of subaru guys say Canadian chevron 94 is only equivalent to US 91. That's why I prefer Husky 94 which is consistant 94AKI all year round, plus it's actually legit 94 AKI.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now

2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3 RS: white, PDK, carbon ceramic brakes, Fully loaded
Mods: Fabspeed race headers, competition exhaust, High flow fiters, Ecu flash race gas and pump tune, roll cage, schroth harness, clear bra.

2017 Audi R8 V10 plus- dynamite red, fully loaded
Mods: Currently stock (hopefully a super charger and full exhaust soon)
(#203)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50RS400 AWD
Default 07-15-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Nice! What area? Victoria, Vancouver, kelowna?

What 94 do you use? I think you guys have Chevron 94 there, but just a quick warning I heard (not sure it its legit, just alot of forum talk about it) alot of subaru guys say Canadian chevron 94 is only equivalent to US 91. That's why I prefer Husky 94 which is consistant 94AKI all year round, plus it's actually legit 94 AKI.
We have a Husky and a Chevron in the 'hood, I use either.

I live in a little ski town up Sea To Sky, but travel a fair bit to Vancouver and Victoria fairly regularly.

2017 RS400 & Stillen CAI/CBE
Canadian dude, eh...
(#204)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-16-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
We have a Husky and a Chevron in the 'hood, I use either.

I live in a little ski town up Sea To Sky, but travel a fair bit to Vancouver and Victoria fairly regularly.
Nice!
Good to see another Canadian on here eh?
Anyways IMO I recommend Husky 94 because I think it's more consistent, but to be fair just try both on your car and log it and use which one performs best. (not sure if stage 1 can log, kind of confusing because I think JB1 on the volkswagens could log).

Mods: Fabspeed race headers, competition exhaust, High flow fiters, Ecu flash race gas and pump tune, roll cage, schroth harness, clear bra.

(#205)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 07-16-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks, happy to hear it. The whole goal with this thing was simple to install easy power gains at a reasonable price.
Just installed mine. Very easy installation as advertised. I only drove it around the block so I haven't had a real opportunity to experience the gains.
(#206)
Old

Default 07-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Nice!
Good to see another Canadian on here eh?
Anyways IMO I recommend Husky 94 because I think it's more consistent, but to be fair just try both on your car and log it and use which one performs best. (not sure if stage 1 can log, kind of confusing because I think JB1 on the volkswagens could log).
I'm pretty sure Terry said no logging available, just adjustments to template.

I've got my BlueDriver OBD2 coming in on Monday but yet to find out what it will grab from my car's dataport. I'll keep you posted.

Always good to have another Canucker in da hizzy

Gas. Last couple tanks have been Chevron 94, before that, PetroCan 91 (I think??) and I had some issues with the car doping out on me under heavy throttle and load. Husky has 93 I think, will fill up there next time and see how it feels.

I recall reading somewhere that fuels throughout Canada are basically all from the same depots, but that different detergents and the like are what give each "brand" their distinguished flavour. I have no idea if this is true, but centralized supply lines seem to make the most fiscal sense, so I'm going on the notion there may be some truth to this.

Detergents don't change the rated and stated octane of the fuel; so what's stated as 94 by law should be 94 and what's stated as 91 should be 91 etc. If it says "May Contain Up To 10% Ethanol", well, by law it may contain up to 10% ethanol. If it states NO ethanol, by law it should have NO ethanol.

"By Law" of course is where the grey areas of interpretation exist, ahem...

Canadian dude, eh...
(#207)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-16-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Terry said no logging available, just adjustments to template.

I've got my BlueDriver OBD2 coming in on Monday but yet to find out what it will grab from my car's dataport. I'll keep you posted.

Always good to have another Canucker in da hizzy

Gas. Last couple tanks have been Chevron 94, before that, PetroCan 91 (I think??) and I had some issues with the car doping out on me under heavy throttle and load. Husky has 93 I think, will fill up there next time and see how it feels.

I recall reading somewhere that fuels throughout Canada are basically all from the same depots, but that different detergents and the like are what give each "brand" their distinguished flavour. I have no idea if this is true, but centralized supply lines seem to make the most fiscal sense, so I'm going on the notion there may be some truth to this.

Detergents don't change the rated and stated octane of the fuel; so what's stated as 94 by law should be 94 and what's stated as 91 should be 91 etc. If it says "May Contain Up To 10% Ethanol", well, by law it may contain up to 10% ethanol. If it states NO ethanol, by law it should have NO ethanol.

"By Law" of course is where the grey areas of interpretation exist, ahem...
Hey,
Actually I've found from dyno testing and logging that winter blend fuels or additives lower octane rating. So in the summer its ok and not causing the car to pull timing, but in the winter the car pulls timing on the same octane fuel from the pump. So IMO Husky has the most consistent 94 octane fuel.

The fuels with ethanol seem to behave as higher octanes than those w/o it imo.

(#208)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
If you do not want to change it from 3psi then no changes are needed, obviously.
Terry, is there an easy way to determine if the stage one device ever stops working? Obviously other than the car feeling sluggish? Will we see an error light come on in the car?
(#209)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2017, 08:19 AM

If something goes wrong with it you'll get a CEL in dash.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#210)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
If something goes wrong with it you'll get a CEL in dash.
My goodness, you ask a question - you get a specific and concise response immediately.

Talk about a confidence building relationship!! Thanks Terry - straight up, honest, definitely well engineered product and service. Keep it up - hands down best upgrade out there...and well priced to boot (had to mention this twice as it really is deserving of mention!!)

Stoked

Canadian dude, eh...
(#211)
Old

Default 07-17-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
My goodness, you ask a question - you get a specific and concise response immediately.

Talk about a confidence building relationship!! Thanks Terry - straight up, honest, definitely well engineered product and service. Keep it up - hands down best upgrade out there...and well priced to boot (had to mention this twice as it really is deserving of mention!!)

Stoked
Agreed! I keep asking random questions that pop into my head about the device and Terry has been great! Just trying to get as much info on this thread for owners and potential buyers. My Q60 RS is loving the upgrade thus far.
(#212)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-17-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a loose plug to me, or maybe one of the pins not making contact. Check those and if you need additional help email us.
Thanks Terry, i'm emailing , I dont want to spam your form with questions on my install lol
(#213)
Old

Car: q60 red sport
Default 07-17-2017, 08:07 PM

Thank you for prompt delivery Burger Tuning!

Day 1 on stage 1 default settings driving my red sport q60. 20 roll second gear slight delay then turbos kick in harder than ever while rear tires fight for traction (when they previously wouldn't)! Great product even better price! 6-7 weeks after ordering and im still waiting on a down pipe from fast intentions. I ordered my piggyback 4 days ago and it arrived to my doorstep and installed in less than 5 minutes.

Car is otherwise stock. ran today with 11 gallons of 93 plus 4 of e85 for the first time, and i will continue this mix. i didn't get the data cable since the red sport turbos are close to being maxxed out already, default settings have me happy. if i had a silver sport, data cable would be a must and id be running at least +5 lbs and be close to entering red sport territory.

Last edited by whoiskeving; 07-17-2017 at 09:06 PM..
(#214)
Old

Default 07-18-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoiskeving
...i didn't get the data cable since the red sport turbos are close to being maxxed out already, default settings have me happy. if i had a silver sport, data cable would be a must and id be running at least +5 lbs and be close to entering red sport territory.
Agreed - the stock 3PSI boost is more than adequate for any RS400 drivers out there. I got the cable more for future FW upgrades - if any - and a SLIGHT possibility of cracking 4PSI down the road - but is it necessary, that additional 1PSI??

No.

Lastly - just wanted to chime in - someone (I believe it was here??) was asking about the BlueDriver OBD2 scanner. I got mine and installed it - had a couple minor hiccups with it finally handshaking with my car's data output, but it started working fine. That said - and in speaking back and forth with Lemur, the developers, the scanner isn't capable *yet* of tracking MAF. But I will be taking my car out for a run today and see if it logs some of the more in-depth parameters such as boost, air/fuel, etc.

If it doesn't now, it will down the road as the newer cars out there have their datasets and PIDs handshake with the OBD2 module.

Bit miffed, as MAF was the No.1 reason I bought it (trying to get a handle on what has now become the historical "dreaded WOT jerk/tranny shift/stammer" thing... Along with BOOST. But perhaps BOOST will be measurable/log-able today - soon to find out.

FW updates happen regularly so I'm not too worried. Sorta...

Cheers.

Canadian dude, eh...
(#215)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2017, 01:06 PM

Main thing you'd want to look at is AFR (via factory widebands) and timing advance. Maybe throttle position to a lower degree.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#216)
Old

Default 07-18-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Main thing you'd want to look at is AFR (via factory widebands) and timing advance. Maybe throttle position to a lower degree.
Just went for a 2 hour joy ride (who does nowadays anyway?!?) and mucked around with the parameters of the OBD2 BlueDriver - MAF is 100% there and operational, was just under a different title.

"Boost" is not registering, but it could be I need to dig deeper again on my next joy ride.

I'll keep this AFR (Air Fuel Ratio??), timing advance and throttle in mind for my next log.

KILLER PERFORMANCE NO ISSUES TO DATE!!!! Terry...this is awesome :D

Canadian dude, eh...
(#217)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 07-19-2017, 09:17 AM

Just joined and just ordered the Stage 1 for my Q50 SS AWD. I'm in the toronto area and cant wait to get this thing installed!!
(#218)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-19-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Just joined and just ordered the Stage 1 for my Q50 SS AWD. I'm in the toronto area and cant wait to get this thing installed!!
Welcome! And hey fellow Canadian!
Heard you lucky Toronto guys have e85 at the pump, not sure if it's true but that'd be so sweet!

(#219)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Welcome! And hey fellow Canadian!
Heard you lucky Toronto guys have e85 at the pump, not sure if it's true but that'd be so sweet!
Thanks!! I have a Petrol Canada near me with the Ultra 94 - that's all I usually use.

I need more info on e85... I've read from Infiniti that these cars are not compatible yet people are using it??
(#220)
Old

Default 07-19-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks!! I have a Petrol Canada near me with the Ultra 94 - that's all I usually use.

I need more info on e85... I've read from Infiniti that these cars are not compatible yet people are using it??
Stick with the stock 3psi that comes resident on the Stage1 and you'll be fine with 93/94 octane - zero issues.

Except you may have a hard time removing the grin on yer face

Canadian dude, eh...
(#221)
Old

Default 07-20-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Stick with the stock 3psi that comes resident on the Stage1 and you'll be fine with 93/94 octane - zero issues.

Except you may have a hard time removing the grin on yer face
I have the 300HP SS not an RS.. I was going to 5psi over right from the get go. I'll even test 6psi...
(#222)
Old

Default 07-20-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
As a follow up to my Stage 1 unit testing with straight Texan 93 octane pump gas - I can report that at +6psi boost my Silver Sport is humming w/o any issues whatsoever. Before the Stage 1 install Monday I could stand on the accelerator and the rear end, with the summer Dunlop 20" factory tires, would not break loose (traction control still enabled.) With the Stage 1 and +6psi boost, the rear tires are starting to ever so slightly squeal with the same pedal treatment from the line.

Canucker - Really nice photos and ideas - my next trip under the hood will be to implement your install. Thanks!
Thanks for these updates... I have the same car as you (AWD though) and will go straight to +5 when I get it.
(#223)
Old

Default 07-20-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Here you go! Not much difference really considering what you save. I didn't rev the red sport out as high most runs but you get the idea.
Can someone hopefully explain this??

Why is the RedSport constantly seeing higher torque in the lower RPM's vs the SilverSport (stock or Stage 1)?

I notice all the RS dynos have a huge TQ increase at about 2500 rpm's and stays flat vs the SS seems to build up slower and peeks later.

Does this difference disappear if doing an ECU (ECUTEK) tune? Personally I think it may be safer with the gradual curve?
(#224)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-20-2017, 01:23 PM

I don't have access to the Infiniti parts books, but I'd be willing to bet the difference is the cams and/or cam timing.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#225)
Old
Demigod

Default 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Ahh I see.
I personally use husky 94 on my m2.
But do you have any e85 stations nearby?