N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
would be cool to just slap a small extension and a cone filter off the turbo inlet.... how are the vanos changes going with spool etc? need any testers?

That would be awesome.

2011 E90 335i 388 whp/475wtq on E50
(#252)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
would be cool to just slap a small extension and a cone filter off the turbo inlet.... how are the vanos changes going with spool etc? need any testers?
Yes that is the goal, eliminating the need for the MAF all together.

I've been slowly unlocking the N55 misfire mystery too. One of the fundamental issues with the N55 targeting is that AFR floats richer than targeted post shift especially with DCT cars. This momentary richer AFR can cause misfires, fuel pressure to drop, etc. I think we're still missing some fueling tables but I've found if you keep trims overall positive rather than negative the tendency to pitch rich post shift is less pronounced.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#253)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 11-12-2016, 05:44 PM

Car logs look better than they ever have.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.

Last edited by Stoolz; 11-13-2016 at 06:06 PM..
(#254)
Old

Car: 135i dct 2012
Default 11-14-2016, 07:30 AM

I finally got my cable yesterday and I installed the following yesterday:

N55_ISO_5_12_TEST9.hex (84.6 KB, 63 views) in my jb4

and

11/11/16 JB4 MHD N55 Map Release using MHD.

I moved to 4/2 and I should be ready to go?

Should I take the logs with the JB4?

Finally, can we define the targets per map ? I am FBO and I get 93 oct so I usually run with map 2 but I want to start with map 1 and move from there once I am sure everything is good.

Thanks in advance
(#255)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 11-14-2016, 09:18 AM

Sounds like you're good to go and yes log with the jb4. I asked Terry the same question.

2011 E90 335i RWD 6 Speed
FBO JB4 MHD
(#256)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 11-14-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM
Maybe I missed it but are there XDFs available for the N55 just as there are for the N54?

I have no problem paying for the hardware (cable and even JB4 if needed) and software to perform the flash, but I would really like to be able to modify the bin myself. Is that an option?
https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDF...ive/master.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes that is the goal, eliminating the need for the MAF all together.

I've been slowly unlocking the N55 misfire mystery too. One of the fundamental issues with the N55 targeting is that AFR floats richer than targeted post shift especially with DCT cars. This momentary richer AFR can cause misfires, fuel pressure to drop, etc. I think we're still missing some fueling tables but I've found if you keep trims overall positive rather than negative the tendency to pitch rich post shift is less pronounced.
Do you really need to raise "Basic lamda homogen by super knock"? I thought Lamda Limit Rich was a solution without touching the AFR in knock conditions.
(#257)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default MHD update v0.61 - 11-14-2016, 10:04 AM

Along a revision for all maps, the first version of the MHD flash only e30 map is there

v0.61:
- Added the e30 map
- new version for the Stage 1/1+/2/2+ maps
- fixed a rare bug in the license system.
(#258)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
Do you really need to raise "Basic lamda homogen by super knock"? I thought Lamda Limit Rich was a solution without touching the AFR in knock conditions.
It should not matter what the tables are set to if lambda max rich is functional, but I'm not so sure that it is at all times. So I'm hunting around trying to find during what conditions the DME runs richer than commanded. There might be some other factor tables missing.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#259)
Old

Car: 335i x-drive n55 2011
Default 11-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmendoza
I finally got my cable yesterday and I installed the following yesterday:

N55_ISO_5_12_TEST9.hex (84.6 KB, 63 views) in my jb4

and

11/11/16 JB4 MHD N55 Map Release using MHD.

I moved to 4/2 and I should be ready to go?

Should I take the logs with the JB4?

Finally, can we define the targets per map ? I am FBO and I get 93 oct so I usually run with map 2 but I want to start with map 1 and move from there once I am sure everything is good.

Thanks in advance
How is it ?? My cable comes in 2 days. Can you review a bit the pump flash . I run map 2 on 94 oct too im eager to try it
(#260)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-14-2016, 06:27 PM

Hey terry did you remove cold start again ? lastest flash definitely has it removed, runs great other than that.
(#261)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2016, 08:16 PM

Don't think so. It's a flash time option now.

Burger Motorsports

(#262)
Old

Default 11-14-2016, 08:22 PM

Im pretty sure i didnt click it on the flash option but my car starts real quiet now, maybe ill reflash to be sure
(#263)
Old

Default 11-14-2016, 08:39 PM

Yea just flashed again 2 min ago and no cold start. Ill wait till next revision thanks.
(#264)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 11-15-2016, 01:26 AM

i have 2 simple questions if I want to upload the new MHD back end flash should I use the new jb4 FMW also ?

and the second question , what to do with The TunerPro XDF definition files ?

BMW 135i 2011 N55 Pure Stage 1 ETS Fmic , BMS Downp1p3 , BMS Intake , BMS OCC , BMS meth kit cm7 , jb4 ISO + MHD .
(#265)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-15-2016, 05:41 AM

cold start is back on the flash for sure (ie. not really a option, there when not selected). Did you start from the old bin when making the latest changes? Car is logging clean. I will email you some logs today. I do need to cold start removed though as sometimes it makes the car a pita to start.

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7
(#266)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2016, 09:10 AM

Crap, must have copied it back somehow. Doing some other testing and will post that round with the CS deleted again when done. If you need it sooner just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#267)
Old

Car: 135i dct 2012
Default 11-15-2016, 09:35 AM

Yes, mine did not have it selected and it is really quiet. I am hoping to get a few logs today.
(#268)
Old

Default 11-15-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Crap, must have copied it back somehow. Doing some other testing and will post that round with the CS deleted again when done. If you need it sooner just email me.
No rush lol, i thought i was going crazy lol, appreciate it man.
(#269)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2016, 12:13 PM

OK added 11/15 maps to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#270)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-15-2016, 12:16 PM

Thanks Terry,

Curious, only change is cold start added back?

2012 N55 135I, Speedtech 7670, JB4 + MHD, Fuel-it port injection & stage 3 LPFP, M4 A2W IC, Mfactory LSD, KW V1, Apex EC-7
(#271)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2016, 12:38 PM

Another minor torque change to the E85 maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#272)
Old

Car: 2010 335i xDrive Sedan
Default 11-17-2016, 06:26 AM

I'm all stock on a 2011 currently running Map 5 with E40 and 93oct. Would the BEF benefit me? Could I run the BEF with Map 7 and x% ethanol? Do I need a **?

Thanks for your support and a great product!
(#273)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 11-17-2016, 09:50 AM

Is anyone running the E85 BEF? My AFR is staying at 14 and causing some problems. Trims are right around 25. Not sure how long or if it needs time to adjust to normal afr.
(#274)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-17-2016, 10:10 AM

I am. Are you running the 11/15 release? I was having some issues with the 11/11 version, but it seemed to be running well after loading the 11/15

my AFR is from 13-14 and trims around 26-27 . Im running around e50

2011 E90 335i 388 whp/475wtq on E50
(#275)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroStream6
I'm all stock on a 2011 currently running Map 5 with E40 and 93oct. Would the BEF benefit me? Could I run the BEF with Map 7 and x% ethanol? Do I need a **?

Thanks for your support and a great product!
Yes, absolutely will. You should try the PUMP BEF to start.

Burger Motorsports