N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: Bmw 135
Default 08-18-2017, 03:37 AM

Ok never mind. After reading your post again I have come to an understanding that the misfires were due to the boost pipe connection. Hope you come right with it asap the. 495 nonetheless is very impressive for vtt
(#77)
Old
Legend

Car: N55 135i
Default Yesterday, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Pushed up to 24psi for a map 6 run and hit misfires.
Pretty sure its hardware and most likely the boost pipe connection between the turbo and intercooler.
Did you grab a log of the map 6 run(s)?

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#78)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Did you grab a log of the map 6 run(s)?
Here's the first log when things went bad.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 24 psi Map 6 pipe broke.csv (10.8 KB, 7 views)

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 04:22 PM

Frustrating to hear of misfires on the new flywheel when fuel pressure seems to be holding OK... Don't see how it could be boost leak related? Maybe if intake came loose?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Frustrating to hear of misfires on the new flywheel when fuel pressure seems to be holding OK... Don't see how it could be boost leak related? Maybe if intake came loose?
I was in the car logging beside my mechanic.
We ran a half dozen clean logs in map 7 then pushed up to map 6 24psi.
At about 4500 rpm we got a big misfire and his reaction was 'did we just blow a hose?"
We tried a few pulls in 6 before dropping back to 7 again, this time big misfire around 4500 each pull.
Car going on hoist today or tomorrow.
I have had issues with the inlet coming away on the intake side so I'll ask them to check that.
In the past my car would misfire due to boost leaks.

VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Running a BMS intake? If so did you remove the bracket when adding PI?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#82)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Running a BMS intake? If so did you remove the bracket when adding PI?
Yeah BMS intake.
The guys DID leave the bracket on as it seemed a good fit.
They even made a point to show me.
Will pass the info on.