N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure
Mhd uses old canbus protocol. Bm3 uses new flexray protocol.
Dzenno told me that. I asked MHD though and he told me they're using the same protocol. Full map writes are 2-3 min on MHD. If they start doing targeted map writes it will probably be even faster. But for how we use it (having customers load BEF and then rarely flash again) it's prefect.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Since the release of mhd beta I have decided to test all available options and determine which one is the best.

I tested the mhd stage 2+ maps, bootmod3 stage 2 e30 and stage 2 93 oct. and tested terry bef with jb4.

The car has the following setup:

Jb4 with Ewg wires
Down**** Fabspeed with HJS ***.
Intercooler Wagner Tuning Competition Evo 2
Fuel It Port Injection with BMS Controller
VRSF Chargepipe
K&N inbox

The bef + jb4 is so much better. The map from mhd has a high sensitivity with fuel and this cause the drop in dme_bt, and it is almost impossible to work with PI because of this. The bootmod3 V5 map hesitates at high rpm, and the fuel trim is too low. I tested this map with E25 and the fuel trim stays around 5 and FPH at 8! This map does not work without PI, and even with PI and E60 to keep FPH and trim controllable, the car hesitates at high revs even with the logs looking good.

I've come to the conclusion that JB4 is the best solution. You can control the boost by gear, you can choose the profile of boost that you like, and now with the function of autotuning the duty bias, it was very easy to maintain the boost on the target. To work with PI is much easier too.

Attached have some logs to see both solutions. 100-200 km/h done with 75° F and revving to redline.
Attached Images

(#403)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 03-11-2018, 05:21 PM

Terry

Are you running stock timing tables in the BEF? I am very surprised to see so much much timing in N55Techs post above (Thanks for the review N55Tech )

M135i, PWG, Pure Stg2, WMI, bootmod3 + JB4, Quaife LSD
100-200kph: 7.0sec (93 and meth)
www.youtube.com/user/npharkes
(#404)
Old

Default 03-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Tech
Since the release of mhd beta I have decided to test all available options and determine which one is the best.

I tested the mhd stage 2+ maps, bootmod3 stage 2 e30 and stage 2 93 oct. and tested terry bef with jb4.

The car has the following setup:

Jb4 with Ewg wires
Down**** Fabspeed with HJS ***.
Intercooler Wagner Tuning Competition Evo 2
Fuel It Port Injection with BMS Controller
VRSF Chargepipe
K&N inbox

The bef + jb4 is so much better. The map from mhd has a high sensitivity with fuel and this cause the drop in dme_bt, and it is almost impossible to work with PI because of this. The bootmod3 V5 map hesitates at high rpm, and the fuel trim is too low. I tested this map with E25 and the fuel trim stays around 5 and FPH at 8! This map does not work without PI, and even with PI and E60 to keep FPH and trim controllable, the car hesitates at high revs even with the logs looking good.

I've come to the conclusion that JB4 is the best solution. You can control the boost by gear, you can choose the profile of boost that you like, and now with the function of autotuning the duty bias, it was very easy to maintain the boost on the target. To work with PI is much easier too.

Attached have some logs to see both solutions. 100-200 km/h done with 75° F and revving to redline.
Great review! Please attach the logs! I see that you are running different boost target in the test - why is that? PI with the BEF and without for the BM3/MHD? Can you try to do a few 0-100 with TC ON? I'd like to see how DME_BT is reacting with TC.

Last edited by cnm135i; 03-11-2018 at 06:05 PM..
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

Are you running stock timing tables in the BEF? I am very surprised to see so much much timing in N55Techs post above (Thanks for the review N55Tech )
You're welcome to open the files and view the timing profile yourself, or adjust it as the poster above has. He's running it higher than I'd suggest but he's been doing lots of testing, logs, etc, for himself. Don't assume what is working for one will work for all.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#406)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 03-11-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Terry

The BEF tests are done with E56, I mixed 102 ron fuel (97 aki) with ethanol. To evaluate timing I used my previous logs with stock dme file. I tested this same mixture and the dme aplied basically the same timing, or even more, and with more boost!

Look at this logs with stock dme file. No way to run this timing with regular gas.
Attached Images

(#407)
Old

Default 03-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Tech
The BEF tests are done with E56, I mixed 102 ron fuel (97 aki) with ethanol. To evaluate timing I used my previous logs with stock dme file. I tested this same mixture and the dme aplied basically the same timing, or even more, and with more boost!

Look at this logs with stock dme file. No way to run this timing with regular gas.
Interesting. I am running a BM3 custom BEF and it clear to see that timing is being capped here. I enabled the editing so think of increasing the timing myself in small increments - or just copy over stock timing tabel.
Attached Images

(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM

The best way to evaluate timing is on a dyno where you can target minimum best timing. e.g. add as much timing only as power is going up when you add it.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Default 03-12-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The best way to evaluate timing is on a dyno where you can target minimum best timing. e.g. add as much timing only as power is going up when you add it.
So actually you dont know if all that timing in your BEF is making extra power? I heard you mention before that north of 8* doesn't make much more power...?

(#410)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
So actually you dont know if all that timing in your BEF is making extra power? I heard you mention before that north of 8* doesn't make much more power...?
We've set the timing profiles close to where we believe MBT is for our various boost levels and fuel suggestions. If you are going to take the reins and dial in your own timing curve then you'll need to rely on your own tuning judgement and data to fully evaluate the changes you're making.

Burger Motorsports

(#411)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Hey im having some issues downloading the free maps for the BEF. Any specific reason why!
(#412)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Nothing else reported on the download link.

Burger Motorsports

(#413)
Old

Car: 14' F30 335i EWG N55
Default 03-13-2018, 07:34 AM

Sorry if this has been covered but are the JB4_F_EWG_xxxx maps for use with cars running stage 2 turbos or will there be additional maps created?

Also, I'm confused on what Map should be used for E85 mixtures below 50%, according to their descriptions E85 and RACE can both be used. I typically run 30-40% mixture with 100% meth CM10 nozzle, which map should be used?
(#414)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 03-13-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Drifter
Sorry if this has been covered but are the JB4_F_EWG_xxxx maps for use with cars running stage 2 turbos or will there be additional maps created?

Also, I'm confused on what Map should be used for E85 mixtures below 50%, according to their descriptions E85 and RACE can both be used. I typically run 30-40% mixture with 100% meth CM10 nozzle, which map should be used?
so i had issues with the race map and 30-40% e85... like misfiring at 4-6k issues.... terry had me flash the e85 map and my issues seemed to go away.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 5 / 30% e85
(#415)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 03-13-2018, 08:32 AM

Sorry is it so right.
1. I only buy the mhd flasher, no monitor no maps
2. install only mhd flash 0
3. Install the newest Jb4 flash for my car
4. choise a bef from the zip and install this

Which is now the best map for my car. 435i EWG, with intercooler, ******** and exhaust. My car is running ultimate 102 from Aral. I have all hardware install from Jb4. Is there a good bef Map, or should i make my own, Sorry for all the question.
(#416)
Old

Car: Bmw 535i - 2011
Default 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg435i
Sorry is it so right.
1. I only buy the mhd flasher, no monitor no maps
2. install only mhd flash 0
3. Install the newest Jb4 flash for my car
4. choise a bef from the zip and install this.
Exactly

But i am not sure, which BEF you should use
Wait for terry

2011 F10 535i N55 PWG AT | JB4 ISO - Bluetooth.Rv3 | N20 3.5bar TMAP Sensor | TREBILA BEF Performance Tune | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | GFB DV+ | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | BMS 100% Meth-Dual CM7 Injection | 93 Octane Fuel | BMS Intake | ER 4" CLess D/Pipe | ER 3" Charge-Pipe | Wagner-Tuning Competition Intercooler | https://i.imgur.com/iR4wm3I.jpg |
(#417)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 08:41 AM

If using 0-40% E85 you can start with RACE, if using 40% E85+ you can start with E85.

Burger Motorsports

(#418)
Old

Car: BMW 435i
Default 03-13-2018, 08:42 AM

Ok thanks for the rush answer. Ok so i install the race map 0-40% e85. I don’t won’t to mix the fuel, the ultimate 102 is enough for me.

@terry is it possible to write where to put the downloaded file from the zip? Should I connect my tablet with the pc and transfer it in the mhd folder? Sorry for the question.

Last edited by bg435i; 03-13-2018 at 09:05 AM..
(#419)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-13-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Ok thanks for the rush answer. Ok so i install the race map 0-40% e85. I don’t won’t to mix the fuel, the ultimate 102 is enough for me.

@terry is it possible to write where to put the downloaded file from the zip? Should I connect my tablet with the pc and transfer it in the mhd folder? Sorry for the question.
The mhd app found my file when I put in the download folder. It was there as soon as clicked back end flash in the mhd app.
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:

You just copy them to the root directory on the device.

Burger Motorsports

(#421)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 03-14-2018, 03:04 AM

Heck I might as well piggyback off of some of the questions, Terry: Bigger turbo, FBO with stock fueling I'm going to use the RACE BEF. Will this be appropriate?

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#422)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 03-14-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Heck I might as well piggyback off of some of the questions, Terry: Bigger turbo, FBO with stock fueling I'm going to use the RACE BEF. Will this be appropriate?
Yes it will be good. Start with low boost map and increase 1psi after review logs...

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
W.R. 11.01 @127.6mph, LUCHOJB4, BMS BEF MHD, E85/Reg + meth 24.8psi ~ Set-up on Drag Track online instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#423)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 03-14-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Thats where I'm now, same setup till I get PI or Meth. It fine @16psi max, anything more will crash the hpfp.

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#424)
Old

Car: M135ix
Default 03-14-2018, 06:29 AM

check the purestage 2 turbo thread in N55 section ,
he added a LPFP and is getting like 20 psi
(#425)
Old

Default 03-14-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_H_O_M_A_S
check the purestage 2 turbo thread in N55 section ,
he added a LPFP and is getting like 20 psi
20psi midrange - important note! I believe that is possible but whether it makes sense unless you have 102RON