N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: '07 335i Convertible
Default N54 - Bavarian Autosport High-Performance Ignition Coil Set - 01-31-2017, 10:25 AM

Bavarian Autosport High-Performance Ignition Coil Set $260.00 + shipping.

Anyone has had any experience with these coils?
Are they worth the $260+. OEM are $8 - 120.

07 N54 335i Convertible.
JB4, BMS dual cone performance intake, VRSF 7" FMIC, ER Charge Pipe, Forge DVs, ER competition series oil cooler replacement, N54 BMW oil catch can, BMS engine oil cooler valve, Rob Beck replacement PCV valve, VRSF **’s, Vanguard full exhaust. HR Coilovers, front and rear HR sway bars, Active Autoworker strut bar, 20 Vossen CVT directional wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

*BMS Meth Pump - in box, installation coming up next.
**Future upgrades: Turbo upgrade, Fuel-IT E Series Low Fuel Pressure Upgrade Kit, and Fuel-IT N54 Secondary Fuel Line Adapter with Fuel Injectors.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 335is Coupe LMB DCT
Default 03-13-2018, 04:22 PM

Hello gents, this is my first post!

I too am also interested if anyone has tried these on a tuned N54?

I called BavAuto and asked them who the coil manufacturer is and their response was:

"A company that wishes to remain anonymous...".

My 335is calls for Eldor coils, per RealOem, and I don't want to put an unknown brand coil just because it says "high performance".

I can't find any data on the BavAuto high perf coils so I will play it safe this time and order Eldor R3516S00100 coils.
(#3)
Old

Car: '07 335i Convertible
Default 03-13-2018, 11:17 PM

Due to the lack of info, I made my mind long ago that would not get them and would stick to the factory coils. Have not regret it!! My car has 10 yrs on the stock. No issues! When I change them, I'll replace them with factory.
(#4)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 03-14-2018, 05:25 AM

Most likely to be snake oil! Especially so if they are willing to release any info about it. The molding and shape of the coil looks identical to the Bosch ones. So I highly suspect they are the same part with a red colored connector on top.

They won't the be only one selling rebranded OEM at an even more inflated price though. https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/...eal-deal.1852/

09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins