N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2015, 05:14 PM

Updated first post

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-27-2015, 06:04 PM

Did you remove an engine cover or it comes from factory like that ?
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2015, 06:05 PM

I threw it in the trunk before driving off the lot. We don't do engine covers around here.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 11-27-2015, 07:40 PM

That motor is interesting looking. I see they moved the airbox again, but I'm more interested in the new intake manifold and TB location. Its finally easy to swap the TB. Opens up port and polish opportunities. Where does that charge pipe go? Are both the inlet and outlet of the intercooler on the same side now?

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#55)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2015, 08:13 PM

It's an air/water intercooler built in to the intake manifold as far as I can tell!

Burger Motorsports

(#56)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 11-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Sweet, congrats T! Wish my garage looked like yours

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER ** | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM

Thanks... Wish I had more spots. The 340i will be sleeping outside. Jon @ BMS has the baller ~5 car garage setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 11-28-2015, 12:04 AM

WOOOOT congrats~!! you guys finally have it . Now the fun begins
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-28-2015, 09:43 PM

Got the prototype B58 JB4 up and running!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 11-28-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Wasted no time whatsoever!

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER ** | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#61)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 11-29-2015, 01:41 AM

any plans for f30 b48/b38?
i think they are more popular in europe
(#62)
Old
JB4 addict

Car: powered by JB4
Default 11-29-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Oh Sheeeet, wasted no time~!

Now to get it on the site ready for ordering
(#63)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-29-2015, 06:24 AM

I guess next week some preliminary results?

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by multydrew
any plans for f30 b48/b38?
i think they are more popular in europe
Yes, of course! We've already done B38/B48 tuning development for the new MINI which is carrying over to the B58 now. I hope to have one JB4 with CANbus working for all models, which detects the model itself, and adjusts accordingly.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2015, 07:43 PM

Been doing some evaluating of the stock tuning and the overall capacity. It's too early to share my thoughts but I can share it's running around 14psi peak from the factory. Quite a bit more boost than the N55 runs stock all else being equal.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Car: F30 335i msport
Default 11-29-2015, 08:06 PM

Wow Meaning B58 turbo is probably quite Tiny running 14psi to make same what power as N55 on 8psi ..

1993 Dodge Caravan ( Bone Stock )

2016 Tanzanite Blue F80 M3 jb4 , awe non res, bmc filters.
(#67)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-30-2015, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemN55
Wow Meaning B58 turbo is probably quite Tiny running 14psi to make same what power as N55 on 8psi ..
Meaning probably not much room to get big numbers from stock turbo? Can it be worse than pwg n55 stock turbo?

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#68)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-30-2015, 05:03 AM

I believe the B58 puts out a little more power than the N55, but not justified with the 14psi. Its stated to have a smaller turbo, so I assume less efficient. Im sure Terry can get more power out of it, but I bet its even more biased towards lower RPM spool and poor top end numbers than the N54/N55.

What I am curious about is the limitations or advantages of that intake manifold. Air to water = awesome IMO, but it will not be easy to change the core and I dont like the idea of meth injection pre inter cooler. Though we know others have tried this before, it will limit nozzle size, etc. I guess we could upgrade the inter cooler pump or overdrive it with software, and increase the exchanger size in place of changing the actual manifold core.

Would be interesting if the A/W inter cooler is a improvement, I wonder if its interchangeable with the N%% manifold. I am sure thats WAY WAY down the line.
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2015, 09:35 AM

The air/water opens up some alternative options such as a larger reservoir, better heat-exchanger, etc, but would be a headache to replace. So I hope it flows OK. The S55 air/water IC flows very well for a factory part and BMW tends to oversize things like this. So we'll see.

I'm very curious to get the car on the dyno for its initial baseline testing. Maybe it will just blow us all away on power stock. Or maybe its a dud. I'm hoping for the former!

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: 2011: 335Xi
Default 11-30-2015, 11:37 AM

I would be concerned about that "lack of cylinder liners" detail. I can't ever see a coating holding up over time as a cylinder liner.

Water to air IC does not make it easier to modify either. You can cold box it though for drag racing.

Like all things BMW these days, it's probably give/take.
(#71)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-30-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
The air/water opens up some alternative options such as a larger reservoir, better heat-exchanger, etc, but would be a headache to replace. So I hope it flows OK. The S55 air/water IC flows very well for a factory part and BMW tends to oversize things like this. So we'll see.

I'm very curious to get the car on the dyno for its initial baseline testing. Maybe it will just blow us all away on power stock. Or maybe its a dud. I'm hoping for the former!
When is dyno planned?

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2015, 12:47 PM

Sometimes this week for sure. Busy with R&D at the moment. BMW has made some interesting changes to the tuning end.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-30-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Sometimes this week for sure. Busy with R&D at the moment. BMW has made some interesting changes to the tuning end.
Looking forward to your RnD and Dynotesting later this week

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#74)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 11-30-2015, 01:20 PM

This is exciting! This motor looks like a beast on paper. Huge stroke, small bore, should be a torque monster. Can't wait to hear about the tuning details you discover!
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2015, 01:25 PM

Turbo looks easy to reach...
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports