N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2401)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
I do.,.I was at 339hp and 359tq. I was a bit disappointed in the hp because when these cars first came out some people seemed to be dynoing 370's. But those dynos we're rwd.

It was done on a dynapack Dyno...(hub Dyno....) Non corrected.

(I have since installed jb4 and ******** with exhaust so hopefully I'll get back soon and do a Dyno to compare).
Unless it's a dynojet brand the number are not overly relevant and can vary wildly. Fine for tuning and evaluating changes on the same day but bad for internet comparisons.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2402)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-24-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfeen
I have my dyno sheets somewhere on my AWD RS. Bone stock car made 360awhp on a dynojet. On the same dyno, added only a JB1. Settings at the time was +3psi and the car 390awhp.
Pretty satisfying numbers! Gotta order my JB4. Intakes already in sucking that good air
(#2403)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 02-26-2018, 07:19 AM

I install bms intake
Nice quality parts but fitment isn't great. I cut some oem parts to have a great fitment.
Shipping was fast
Q50 16 rs awd

Last edited by Q50rs400mc; 02-26-2018 at 12:53 PM..
(#2404)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 02-26-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
A couple of runs latter & while the engine compartment is warm / hot - the cones are not hot to the touch. So far nothing but good things to report and a fun new sound at WOT.
Quick Update: BMS CAI installed on 2/14 and so far nothing to report but good things (nice turbo spool sound at WOT, normal engine sound when not WOT - very good thing, zero engine codes, etc.)
(#2405)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-26-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50rs400mc
I install bms intake
Nice quality parts but fitment isn't great. I cut some oem parts to have a great fitment.
Shipping was fast
I agree, fitment needs a lot of work, specially the passenger side. Heat shield is resting on the radiator shroud, and also on the a sensor on the engine with a green plug. Have to bend a couple of points on the passenger heat shield.

Spool sounds good. No issues with car, unlike the the Stillen with jerking, CEL, erratic idle...I did not have to cut any OEM part, you could have just pushed the filters away from the air duct.
(#2406)
Old

Default 02-26-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
I agree, fitment needs a lot of work, specially the passenger side. Heat shield is resting on the radiator shroud, and also on the a sensor on the engine with a green plug. Have to bend a couple of points on the passenger heat shield.

Spool sounds good. No issues with car, unlike the the Stillen with jerking, CEL, erratic idle...I did not have to cut any OEM part, you could have just pushed the filters away from the air duct.
Do you have a Q60 or Q50?

17' Q50 RS
(#2407)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 02-26-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
Do you have a Q60 or Q50?
17 q50. Rs RWD.
(#2408)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2018, 03:33 PM

We've installed a few locally and everything lined up perfectly. So those who are not having a "great fit" be sure to share some photos so we can make the appropriate changes for the next batch.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2409)
Old

Car: q60
Default 02-27-2018, 08:48 AM

could it be that the fitment in the q60's is a wee bit off?
(#2410)
Old

Send a message via Skype™ to rlora
Default 02-27-2018, 04:37 PM

Can any Red Sport share their Map6 on 93 octane?

Thanks ahead!
(#2411)
Old

Default 02-27-2018, 04:44 PM

(#2412)
Old

Default 02-27-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50rs400mc
Thanks! Did you ran the Map1 first and if so, how does it compare to your Map6 settings?
(#2413)
Old

Default 02-27-2018, 04:55 PM

My afr on map1 drop to 10.1 10.2 on 94
(#2414)
Old

Default 02-27-2018, 05:17 PM

Here's my log; Terry said it looked solid.

2018-02-22 14_07_10.csv
(#2415)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
could it be that the fitment in the q60's is a wee bit off?
Maybe, but I think the core issue is we need to add longer adjustment slots to the brackets and heat shield mounts so you have more mounting flexibility when installing.

Burger Motorsports

(#2416)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 02-28-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've installed a few locally and everything lined up perfectly. So those who are not having a "great fit" be sure to share some photos so we can make the appropriate changes for the next batch.

Appreciate your open mind in accepting feedback regarding the BMS intake for the Q50/Q60. Perhaps my problem is due to my particular Q60, but hereís a pic of what I did to the top and bottom of the driverís side heat shield to gain more clearance for the A/C parts near the filter - passenger side no such problem. It only took a couple of minutes to make the changes and now I am much more satisfied with the intake system as a whole. Looks good and functions great.
~
Attached Images

2017 Q60 Premuim 3.0t RWD
BMS JB1/JB4 Module
BMS Air Intake
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exh.
(#2417)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-02-2018, 04:37 PM

terry where can i see the new jb1/jb4 boxes that you have on instagram??

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2418)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
terry where can i see the new jb1/jb4 boxes that you have on instagram??
Those are cardboard shipping boxes. You can see them on IG, or by purchasing a new Stage1 or JB4.

Burger Motorsports

(#2419)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right.On.Q!
Appreciate your open mind in accepting feedback regarding the BMS intake for the Q50/Q60. Perhaps my problem is due to my particular Q60, but hereís a pic of what I did to the top and bottom of the driverís side heat shield to gain more clearance for the A/C parts near the filter - passenger side no such problem. It only took a couple of minutes to make the changes and now I am much more satisfied with the intake system as a whole. Looks good and functions great.
~
Thanks we're trying to track down a local Q60 so we can make some tweaks for the next intake batch.

Burger Motorsports

(#2420)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-02-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Those are cardboard shipping boxes. You can see them on IG, or by purchasing a new Stage1 or JB4.
Oh oops, I thought it was the cover for the jb4 itself not packaging

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)
(#2421)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2018, 09:54 AM

I thnik that was had our S55 tuner in the photo which uses the billet enclosure, available on our site.

Burger Motorsports

(#2422)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 03-04-2018, 04:06 PM

Hey Terry I've had the intakes for about 2-3 weeks with 800 miles. I got a P01100 today. Any thoughts?

2016 Infiniti Q50 RS
JB4 / Sport Muffler
(#2423)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2018, 09:43 PM

Codes are generally P followed by 4 digits.

Burger Motorsports

(#2424)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 03-04-2018, 10:02 PM

It's what the JB4 app is giving me. I installed the stock intakes but it's giving the same thing.

2016 Infiniti Q50 RS
JB4 / Sport Muffler
(#2425)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-04-2018, 11:36 PM

Most likely it's not intake related then.
Try to delete the code and see if it comes back

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!