N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 N55
Default Uneven Ride Height (Front) - 12-17-2016, 06:40 PM

I've got a 2012 E92 335 M-Sport that is on all stock suspension. Looking at the front end, the passenger side front sits about an inch lower than the driver's side. Checked camber, and even in full droop it shows this deviation. Had the vehicle aligned at the Bimmer house and no change. No noticeable ride or handling changes. The only thing I can think of is bushing failure, as every now and then while in reverse, the front passenger side will rub when wheels are turned to the left. Can't figure it out! Annoying to say the least. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Bushings are on order...
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 335i coupe
Default 02-12-2017, 09:13 PM

I had that it was my front struts they were gone. Replaced them and it was all good.
(#3)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 02-21-2017, 12:39 AM

An inch difference is huge. Strut / shock failure normally doesn't result in lower ride height on one side like that. A bad spring might, or some other hardware damage or failure in the suspension. Check the strut mount, bent arms, faled bushings, etc..first.

EDIT/UPDATE:
May also check that the front strut are clamped by the hub at the same height on the strut body - sometimes it can be tough to get the hub clamp slid up as far as needed on the shock, which would mean that side would ride higher.
Also - if the difference is more like a 1/2" or so that may be normal - I have heard, but not confirmed, that most BMW's sit a little higher on the front drivers side to compensate for the drivers weight, which when in-car will bring it back down close to level with pass side. This is supposedly normal.

2009 535i Sport - 548whp
Software :
JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: VTT GC Lites | MFactory Helical LSD | Inlets | Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It! S2 LPFP | Fuel-It! TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | Koni FSD

Last edited by LessIsMore; 04-06-2017 at 12:01 PM..
(#4)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 03-31-2018, 07:22 AM

Driver side is always higher on bmw's to compensate for driver weight. My car is exactly the same. It's normal.