N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2726)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
JB4_Q50_OBDII_3_T1.hex
Sorry for the "Rookie " question but how do I update the firmware?

Mine doesn't show the version you say. I don't see an option in the settings for UPDATE FIRMWARE.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers

Last edited by QFitty; 07-09-2018 at 07:51 PM..
(#2727)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Ah cool, send a log like that, and let's see what we can do!
Attached the logs, one brake boost @2500rpm, other is just straight up....with traction control on.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 09_48_41.csv (22.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-09 09_49_58.csv (11.5 KB, 7 views)
(#2728)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I can see it's based on the ECU's firmware version. While charge air temp is still a mystery in the process I found the PID for pulling up intercooler water temperature. Might be an interesting parameter to add for evaluating heat exchangers.
Is it something you think we could ask the dealers to flash? I assume if it's a newer firmware version that works then yes, but they likely wouldn't downgrade us to an older firmware version.
(#2729)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Is it something you think we could ask the dealers to flash? I assume if it's a newer firmware version that works then yes, but they likely wouldn't downgrade us to an older firmware version.
No I don't think that is a good idea. We setup the JB4 firmware so it shows MAF temps to everyone now, to avoid confusion. And we'll work on sorted out charge air temperature for everyone. Just be aware when evaluating different intakes what you see on IAT doesn't match the temperature of the air entering the engine.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2730)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Sorry for the "Rookie " question but how do I update the firmware?

Mine doesn't show the version you say. I don't see an option in the settings for UPDATE FIRMWARE.
Make sure car is off and ign is on, connect to Jb4 via BT Mobile app. Go to settings tab on the bottom right. Then under the list it should come up "Firmware Update".

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2731)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 03:35 PM

The is no Update Firmware option in my Settings screen. If I tap "Modify Firmware" it will send me to the message board. I'm sorry but am i missing something or just not seeing it?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2732)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
The is no Update Firmware option in my Settings screen. If I tap "Modify Firmware" it will send me to the message board. I’m sorry but am i missing something or just not seeing it?
When it takes you to the message board - select the N20, Mini, MB, Q50/Q60 Group. Then select the top Thread “Infiniti Q50...” - it will bring up the first post in the thread (you will see the BMS Q50 photo.)

Scroll down to the second post - just below the videos - there are four JB4 files to select from - pick the one on the bottom JB4_Q50_OBDII_3_T1.hex
(#2733)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Ah yes thank you!

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2734)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default 07-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
When it takes you to the message board - select the N20, Mini, MB, Q50/Q60 Group. Then select the top Thread “Infiniti Q50...” - it will bring up the first post in the thread (you will see the BMS Q50 photo.)

Scroll down to the second post - just below the videos - there are four JB4 files to select from - pick the one on the bottom JB4_Q50_OBDII_3_T1.hex
Is this the latest firmware as that post is over a year old?
(#2735)
Old

Default 07-13-2018, 10:51 AM

The post is updated each time there is new firmware.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2736)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister68
Is this the latest firmware as that post is over a year old?
The higher the number on the firmware, the newer it is. You can check your existing firmware version in the "read only" area of the JB4 interface/user adjustment tab. V3 is the latest one posted a couple weeks ago.

Burger Motorsports

(#2737)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 RS
Default Version Number - 07-13-2018, 12:46 PM

My Firmware Ver. value is 50/3//5
(#2738)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2018, 12:50 PM

50// is the Q50/Q60, 3 is the firmware version, and //5 is the JB4 board type. So you're on V3. We also make subtle changes from time to time that won't show in the firmware version but are labeled as T1-T99 in the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#2739)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2018, 09:15 PM

Any Red Sport logs on the new map4 yet?

Burger Motorsports

(#2740)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-16-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Short runs on the new Map4 I can see the difference. 2017 RS RWD.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-16 06_46_01 (lord).csv (10.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-16 06_34_47 (lord).csv (13.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Rs400newbie; 07-16-2018 at 05:46 PM..
(#2741)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Report from the field:

Valeted my Q50 for lunch and put the JB4 into Map 4. The effect was noticeable enough for the valet to ask me what was wrong with my car!

Last edited by jrobohm; Yesterday at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Typo