N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-11-2013, 06:35 PM

hey terry;
yesterdays log seemed to spool quicker than todays on the dyno. was at 15psi by 2000rpm instead of 2500; do you know why? or am I misinterpreting? still new to logging. cheers
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2013, 06:52 PM

Dynojets are lower load so you often get slower spool than you would on the road.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-11-2013, 06:55 PM

Ah I see, thanks!
(#29)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
im excited things are fixed and decent numbers to start...will we be able to do more than 20psi? i am also interested a flash for my dct cause when i get this turbo in the next week or so im sure i will need it
From Tony:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Those GTX wheels love boost, they are more efficient higher in the boost range. I am hoping Terry pushes it as far as he can and see what he makes. It should easily be able to make over 25 psi down low, and I am guessing should hold 20 psi to redline, that should put us in the 500WHP / 600WTQ range. Bumping the tq up down low is simple, just throw boost and timing at it, the turbo has no realy BP, shaft speed or EGT on it there and is fine. The problem with that is, the stock fuel system make not be able to keep up. As it gets higher in the rev band the 3 killers all start building, and if the BP gets too high it can also push open the gate. Its all a guessing game right now, but it should be seen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Those GTX wheels love boost, they are more efficient higher in the boost range. I am hoping Terry pushes it as far as he can and see what he makes. It should easily be able to make over 25 psi down low, and I am guessing should hold 20 psi to redline, that should put us in the 500WHP / 600WTQ range. Bumping the tq up down low is simple, just throw boost and timing at it, the turbo has no realy BP, shaft speed or EGT on it there and is fine. The problem with that is, the stock fuel system make not be able to keep up. As it gets higher in the rev band the 3 killers all start building, and if the BP gets too high it can also push open the gate. Its all a guessing game right now, but it should be seen soon.
Get that 3.5bar sensor Terry!
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2013, 07:00 PM

I'll leave higher boost levels for another day. I don't think there is much more in them up top but definitely plenty of boost left in the midrange. But since it won't improve the cars acceleration no need to push it further right now IMHO.

Once Cobb allows us to edit the valvetronic tables on the back end flash we may be able to squeeze more power out of it that way.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 12-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Next airstrip race Line it up with my RB n54 Terry!! I think thats what everyone will compare this too

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#32)
Old

Car: 135i N55
Default 12-11-2013, 07:57 PM

TERRY

On the dyno charts first page when u compared the stock to vargas were both running meth and E85 that's how u got 386 on stock and 468 on vargas

How much difference if say someone can only run 98 octane all the time no meth no E85
What's hp are u expecting ???
(#33)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 12-11-2013, 08:25 PM

Great news!!
What are the mods on this car and what fuel was it running?
(#34)
Old
Assistant pedal masher

Car: 335xi
Default 12-11-2013, 09:04 PM

Nice work Terry!

Considering the state of the backend n55 flash and this is the first solid attempt at tuning the upgrade, I'd say the future looks pretty bright for the N55!

The 6AT must be sweating right about now...

2011 335xi Sedan 6AT, Premium, CW, Nav, Space Gray, Oyster and black. N55 JB4.
(#35)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 12-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Very nice! Thanks Terry for keeping at this, I was damn close in my diagnosis. I thought it was the wastegate popping, but was the DV. I would love to break the 500whp mark, but my real goal was 11's for my daily driver and it looks like this should do it! Pretty cheaply too, all things considered. JB4, FMIC, CP and turbo.
(#36)
Old

Car: 335i F30
Default 12-12-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988
this is awesome. Perfect amount of power for me.. Hopefully the f series gets some love this year.
I read this entire thread, got super excited, then re-read the original post regarding JB4 ISO v5.2 and realized there were no options for the F series yet.

Terry, any idea when the F series will get some love? I can't be the only one looking forward to some massive increases in power!

2013 F10 M5 | PS2 | JB4+BCM | Bootmod3 | BMS Intake | BMS CP's | ER **'s | SSP Spec-R | Meth
10/15/16 Goodbye old friend - 2012 F30 335i | PURE stage 2 turbo | JB4 | BMS intake | ER down pipe | ER charge pipe | ER FMIC | E60 | Meth
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 10:31 AM

No eta but sooner or later.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old
BMDUB1

Car: 2011 335i N55
Default 12-12-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No eta but sooner or later.
So Terry if I understand this right, I need the ISO upgrade and the Cobb AP V3 as the back end flash also? Just to clarify, for max power out of this turbo, along with fuel of course...
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDUB1
So Terry if I understand this right, I need the ISO upgrade and the Cobb AP V3 as the back end flash also? Just to clarify, for max power out of this turbo, along with fuel of course...
Any n55 ap will do. We stock the n55 v3 and sell it cheaply.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 2011 335i e90 N55
Default 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM

videos pleaseeee !!!
(#41)
Old
BMDUB1

Car: 2011 335i N55
Default 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Any n55 ap will do. We stock the n55 v3 and sell it cheaply.
Ok I just emailed you :-)
(#42)
Old

Car: 135i N55
Default 12-12-2013, 11:50 AM

Terry is this 468 whp with meth and E85
How will it perform with only 98 octane
(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawafR3
Terry is this 468 whp with meth and E85
How will it perform with only 98 octane
Much less power but I don't know yet. We will tune it for 93 in the coming weeks and find out.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM

Does this car have the inline walbro in it?
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch
Does this car have the inline walbro in it?
No not yet. The fuel pressure seems to be holding up OK which makes sense given we also have some meth spraying.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM

So you used meth for the N55 Dyno? Any chance for me to reach the same whp-level with E85 and 102RON ARAL ULTIMATE?

335i N55 DCT
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iFFM
So you used meth for the N55 Dyno? Any chance for me to reach the same whp-level with E85 and 102RON ARAL ULTIMATE?
Install one and find out!

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: n55 135
Default 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Terry,
Congrats on getting things sorted out.. I hope you can make it to the track this weekend and give us some numbers..
(#49)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 640i F13
Default 12-12-2013, 07:10 PM

Any idea how much power will it give on 91 octane? Will this turbo be available for the f13s?

2012 BMW 640i Coupe F13 | Dr. Euro Down Pipe | BMS intake | M Performance Exhausts | JB4 Stage 2
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrayes
Any idea how much power will it give on 91 octane? Will this turbo be available for the f13s?
No idea yet. We'll find out sooner enough though!

Burger Motorsports