Default 02-01-2014, 09:23 PM

Great deal!
(#52)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-03-2014, 04:34 AM

Here's a quick question for you guys.

Anyone that has done this install knows what this is...

People often break it so do you think I should add it to the kits, or if you break it, would you rather source it on your own? I can also stock them and send them out on a case by case basis but then you're looking at additional shipping and time.

It'll add a few bucks (TBD but maybe $3) to the kit. I'll have to verify exactly which part number it is as there are a few variations and they all look virtually the same but price varies. I have one sitting in the garage, I'll will go down to see exactly what part number matches up. Unless somebody else has already ordered it and has that number for me

Parts should start showing up this week for testing. I have a spare LPFP setup and plan to do some pressure tests and demonstrations. Want to test the fuel line thoroughly. It's flexible so that it won't kink, J30R10 (flex fuel) rated and is what they spec in a lot of the aftermarket fuel cells w/100psi pumps for race cars.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#53)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 02-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Include 3

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#54)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM

Don't worry about $3. Or $10. Or $30. Just add everything you can think of IMO. Appreciate what your doing here but for a clean install time is more important than adding in a couple bucks!

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#55)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ

People often break it so do you think I should add it to the kits, or if you break it, would you rather source it on your own? I can also stock them and send them out on a case by case basis but then you're looking at additional shipping and time.

It'll add a few bucks (TBD but maybe $3) to the kit. I'll have to verify exactly which part number it is as there are a few variations and they all look virtually the same but price varies. I have one sitting in the garage, I'll will go down to see exactly what part number matches up. Unless somebody else has already ordered it and has that number for me

Parts should start showing up this week for testing. I have a spare LPFP setup and plan to do some pressure tests and demonstrations. Want to test the fuel line thoroughly. It's flexible so that it won't kink, J30R10 (flex fuel) rated and is what they spec in a lot of the aftermarket fuel cells w/100psi pumps for race cars.

I've done the install about 4-5 times and I have never broken anything. If you broke something you need to take a breather lol. It's literally like legos, clips in, push and pull out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#56)
Old
Legend

Default 02-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
I've done the install about 4-5 times and I have never broken anything. If you broke something you need to take a breather lol. It's literally like legos, clips in, push and pull out.
You are either very lucky or very good! Both Steve and I have broken this clip before. If you have never done the install, it would be really dumb to not have things like this as spares for how little they cost. Especially since they can take DAYS to get them on your own.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#57)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 02-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feshdogg
You are either very lucky or very good! Both Steve and I have broken this clip before. If you have never done the install, it would be really dumb to not have things like this as spares for how little they cost. Especially since they can take DAYS to get them on your own.
i agree

e92
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2014, 11:30 AM

Spares are always good. But I've never broken it either.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#59)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
LOL, just patient and a little experienced with cars on hand. I agree though, that can be a PIA if you gotta wait for that to ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Spares are always good. But I've never broken it either.
Maybe we're just super lucky LOL

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Include 3
, the idea with this kit is to only go in there once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Don't worry about $3. Or $10. Or $30. Just add everything you can think of IMO. Appreciate what your doing here but for a clean install time is more important than adding in a couple bucks!

Rob
Point taken...thanks for the input.

Quote:
Actually I haven't broken it...but that clip is a biatch. So I have one that is pretty chewed up from being removed multiple times. But like any plastic part they can get brittle over time. Add in the fact that there are teeth on both sides of each prong....and it's a bugger for sure.

I'll be adding the clip to the kits. Rob also made me think of one more change I'll make to my original design for efficiency. It'll still remain plug and play, but will have a couple components that are optional to improve flows should the user choose.

Thanks

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 02-03-2014 at 11:58 AM..
(#61)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335
Default 02-03-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:

That clip was a PITA!!! I would also include a hose clamp for the vent hose that connects to the 90 degree fitting for that evil clip. The hose kept pulling off when trying to reinstall everything and the only way I was able to get it to stay on was with a hose clamp.
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress
That clip was a PITA!!! I would also include a hose clamp for the vent hose that connects to the 90 degree fitting for that evil clip. The hose kept pulling off when trying to reinstall everything and the only way I was able to get it to stay on was with a hose clamp.
Good to know, I've never had an issue with it. You're referring to the one on the inside of the tank and not the ones on the top side...correct?

(#63)
Old

Default 02-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Good to know, I've never had an issue with it. You're referring to the one on the inside of the tank and not the ones on the top side...correct?
Yeah the ~1/2"-3/4" vent hose that connects underneath the fuel pump hat. Not sure if its normal but that hose had absolutely NO slack and I had to tug on it just to get it to reconnect cause it just slipped off when pulling the hat off.
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress
Yeah the ~1/2"-3/4" vent hose that connects underneath the fuel pump hat. Not sure if its normal but that hose had absolutely NO slack and I had to tug on it just to get it to reconnect cause it just slipped off when pulling the hat off.
Yes, you're right...there is virtually no slack. It is the first thing I remove when I access the top hat and the last thing I put on. I'll look in to it. Anybody else have a problem with that line coming off?

BTW, that was a pretty good guess. That line is .625"s or...5/8"

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 02-03-2014 at 12:30 PM..
(#65)
Old

Default 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're right...there is virtually no slack. It is the first thing I remove when I access the top hat and the last thing I put on. I'll look in to it. Anybody else have a problem with that line coming off?

BTW, that was a pretty good guess. That line is .625"s or...5/8"
Lol, I got to know that hose pretty well. I probably spent a good 20 minutes trying to get it to stay on dropping the hat down, it would slip off...rinse repeat. Finally I said f this I grabbd a hose clamp and was done in a few minutes.
(#66)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 02:40 PM

Count me in for a kit.

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
(#67)
Old

Car: 2009 335i e92
Default 02-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Count me in for a kit as well!
(#68)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM

I'm in. Thanks for doing this.
(#69)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 05:50 PM

put me down for a complete kit!
(#70)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 02-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Is it possible to buy the kit and LPFP from you together? Maybe prewired.
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86
Is it possible to buy the kit and LPFP from you together? Maybe prewired.
I'm not committing to that at this point. However, I have inquired from a couple sources as I realize it would be easier for you all. Given there appears to be a fair amount of demand, I may be able to work something out.

I'll continue to follow up on it...but like I said...no guarantees. And yes, If I do end up offering the pump, it'll come pre-wired and pre-plumbed.

Thanks

(#72)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335xi
Default 02-03-2014, 10:30 PM

You can count me in ,great idea and thanks for your efforts .

JB4/G5 ISO ,AR **,BMS DCI,NGK 5992 BMS Meth kit dual nozzle CM 7 & 5,VRSF 7 IC, Stett chargpipe, E60 mix, 255 Walbro, Bms Race flash. RB turbos , VTT inlets ,BMS OCC, 3.5 N20 sensor, Conti DWS
(#73)
Old
Legend

Default 02-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Actually I haven't broken it...but that clip is a biatch. So I have one that is pretty chewed up from being removed multiple times. But like any plastic part they can get brittle over time.
Thanks
Actually now that I think of it, I didn't actually break mine either. But I chewed it up good with my tiny screwdrivers. My goal was to just replace it the next time I go in there. Again, nice to have when ya need it!

(#74)
Old

Car: 2007 E92
Default 02-04-2014, 12:06 AM

I'm interested
(#75)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM

Be interested in everything you can lay your hands on for this install, Also when you ship it to the UK can you send me a 205Ltr drum of E85 , cant get it here