N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 ISO w/ 2EE6 codes -- ground bypass - 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM

Hey guys,

Every now and again I'll hear of a false 2EE6 code when using the G5 ISO. The cause is the JB4 sharing one of its grounds with the same ground used by the factory coolant temperature sensor. Since the JB4 dumps a lot of current on ISO in rare cases can trigger a false code.

To correct this simply relocate the JB4 ground to a chassis ground like the shock tower. Attached are some photos detailing how.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM

nice thanks for the DIY! I was having this issue and didnt even want to attempt to do it when you told me it was the issue but now it seems a lot easier..

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM

Should all users do this revision or only those getting codes?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM

Only in those rare cases where the code is thrown.

Burger Motorsports

(#5)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM

THX Terry...
I was Wondering what that code was... I had it a few time it does suck and put the car in a sort of limp mod...
I ll defenitely do this....
and keep working on the E85, thought for a lil that that was the cause... stated to happen as I stated to move up to 40% Ethanol....

Again THX...
(#6)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Talking thx Terry. - 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM

Wut I did:

- I disconnected the 2 wires comming fro the JB4 from the two white connectors on the JB4 harness...
- plug them into eachother... added the ground cable to that and seal it all with heat shrink tubing.
- ground the other end like in Terry's pics.
- and on the connectors I use one of the extra (or not used) jumper from the original harness just a little cleaner of an install...

Thx Terry.
PS: I ll post the pics of the end result... same but no twist connectors... and reversible...
(#7)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 11-27-2013, 06:38 AM

I had the 2EE6 code on a JB4 G4 (PNP) but this code is for Coolant level, not Coolant temp?

Whats the difference between G5 ISO and G4 in regards to this code?

I'm having an interemittent auxiliary fan working and not working, even when max cool option (6-1 on Jb4) is selected. It almost seems like a wire is loose, bad ground and will need to do this bypass, or something else like bad aux fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Every now and again I'll hear of a false 2EE6 code when using the G5 ISO. The cause is the JB4 sharing one of its grounds with the same ground used by the factory coolant temperature sensor. Since the JB4 dumps a lot of current on ISO in rare cases can trigger a false code.

To correct this simply relocate the JB4 ground to a chassis ground like the shock tower. Attached are some photos detailing how.

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#8)
Old

Car: 2010 135i Cp
Default 11-29-2013, 03:53 PM

does this also work on the Proceed?

135i coupe  6MT  TiAg  Black leather  Aluminum///M sport  Heated seats  Security
www.horsepowerfreaks.com
www.musicarNW.com
(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 04-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Rather than starting a new thread, I figured that I would resurrect this one.

Yesterday, I moved my meth from under the hood to the trunk. When I finally finished, my fans were running at full tilt and I had a recurring 2EE6 code. A quick GOOGLE turned me here.

5 minutes with a soldering iron and everything is as good as new.

Thank you BMS and n54tech! #1 perk of being a part of this community is the unparalleled support.

2008 335xi Sport 6AT - JB4 ISO - Wedge E85 Flash - Alpina TCU Flash - Walbro Inline LPFP - AA CP & BOV - AMS Intercooler - 100% Meth - VRSF *** - Apex Arc-8 17x9 et30 [squared] - Michelin PSS 245/40/17

1/4m - 11.7741s @118.27mph - - - 437awhp/510awtq

2 tanks - 4 pumps - 7 injectors - too many ponies!
(#10)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM

Hello, i dont have jb4 and I'm getting the 2ee6 code. Could that just be the coolant temperature sensor failing? Thanks
(#11)
Old

Car: 08-335i
Default 11-03-2015, 08:11 PM

would this also cause a 0F0D fault as well?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isma13
Hello, i dont have jb4 and I'm getting the 2ee6 code. Could that just be the coolant temperature sensor failing? Thanks
Hard to say then. Could be.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: e92
Default 01-05-2016, 07:37 PM

Hey Terry, I've been doing a lot of reading and haven't seemed to have any luck. I installed the antilag kit and managed to get the 2EE6 code with the fans running full blast. I followed your tutorial step by step and managed to start the car with the same unfortunate results. To verify that it wasn't user error, I removed the entire JB4 system as a whole and checked the car and haven't had 2EE6 come back. Now unfortunately, I couldn't just rewire the JB4 wiring to how you guys send it only because I didn't label the red cables before cutting them so I didn't want to risk mixing them up and causing some sort of other issues. Any idea on what it could be? The chip that was included with my JB4 was 18f24k22 which happened to be the same one you guys had sent me.
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Don't see how it could be related to antilag but the bypass for 2EE6 is done per the first post. It's the red wires going to the white subconnector. They are interchangeable.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: e92
Default 01-05-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Don't see how it could be related to antilag but the bypass for 2EE6 is done per the first post. It's the red wires going to the white subconnector. They are interchangeable.
I'm not sure why I was given that issue. The antilag kit I ordered from your site gave me this issue so I was led here from the searches I made. This didn't seem to fix my issue either so I'm not sure what to do
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2016, 09:40 PM

No physic powers here. But if you need tech support you can post some install photos in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 12-24-2016, 10:31 AM

Digging this up from the dead:

Been running JB4 G5 ISO flawless for years with MHD e85 BEF. Got a 2nd car and no longer wanted to run E85, so I flashed the latest pump JB4.

Flash took 2 minutes and worked fine, JB4 in map 0.

After starting the car, the cooling fan went crazy with 2EE6 error. I cleared them, the fan would quiet down and then fire back up w/2EE6 again.

Nothing else changed. Thermostat and pump were replaced less than 10k miles ago.

Not sure why I'd have this problem after running this way for years perfectly fine?
(#18)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi
Default 08-08-2017, 01:27 AM

So I did this little trick here and then it gave me a 2CAA, 2CA6 lambaprobe codes but the problem is that I've already replaced all 4 of those and after I updated to the iso they went away then when I did this little trick here they came back. Any idea why?
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Don't see how they would be related. Sounds like a bad o2 sensor, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: 2007 335xi
Unhappy 08-08-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Don't see how they would be related. Sounds like a bad o2 sensor, etc.
They're brand new! All 4 of them have maybe 100 miles on them. That's why it's so puzzling.
(#21)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-18-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
They're brand new! All 4 of them have maybe 100 miles on them. That's why it's so puzzling.
Ever get your issue resolved? I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I did the wiring fix last month and all was well, then I uploaded a new firmware and flashed the car with a new tune and the 2EE6 code came back with the same 2CAA and 2CA6 codes as you. Afr was kind of twitching back and forth before flatlining at 20
Attached Images