Tuner

Default 05-17-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Hope everything is sorted out... before my F90 Comp shows up

Have some ‘R&D fun’
Haha nice!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Hope everything is sorted out... before my F90 Comp shows up

Have some ‘R&D fun’
Awesome!!!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2018, 09:24 PM

Took a few "stock" runs launching fairly hard, 1.8 60', 11.3@126. Not bad. Fuel is 91 octane with a can of Lucas octane booster mixed in. Hopefully with some more break in miles and a harder launch can get the stock times down a bit.

Burger Motorsports

(#55)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 05-17-2018, 09:26 PM

Outstanding!!
(#56)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 05-18-2018, 02:16 AM

I think the F90 can do a better launch. I noticed it launches much harder when you keep it boosted more than 2-3 seconds and the rear wheels start spinning after it stabilizes at 3k rpm. Attached is the run with G30 M550i jb4 91 oct
Attached Images

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.3 @ 121
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 08:26 AM

I've just been brake boosting it. Anyone know if it has a formal launch mode?

Log from a stock 1/4 mile run. It tends to under boost from the factory.Also I noticed on several logs it randomly lowered it's target 2-3psi in 4th gear for no apparent reason.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 05-18-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I've just been brake boosting it. Anyone know if it has a formal launch mode?

Log from a stock 1/4 mile run. It tends to under boost from the factory.Also I noticed on several logs it randomly lowered it's target 2-3psi in 4th gear for no apparent reason.
It does but is not activated until the 1200 mile service is completed.

Are you holding the footbrake HARD and going wot until it settles around 2800 rpm then launching ? That should work until 1200.

Looks like the boost peaked similar to mine at 20.5psi.
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 09:02 AM

How does the formal launch mode on it work/activate?

Burger Motorsports

(#60)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
How does the formal launch mode on it work/activate?
I put everything in Sport Plus. Trans in Level 3. Then at a dead stop put the trans in Manual Mode (it will shift automatically even in Manual Mode from a dead stop and you HAVE to be in Manual mode to activate LC) Hard on the foot brake then wot. The Launch Mode Flags activate and you GO !
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 09:55 AM

Time to rack up some miles!

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM

Around 2psi over stock from this morning... I'll need to find a better track. But 3.3s 0-60 going up hill 2%+ is pretty strong I think for just brake boosting!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 12:44 PM

Killer !
(#64)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-18-2018, 07:40 PM

Looks like you're having a lot of fun!

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 07:47 PM

You can also pull the Charcoal air filters out. Note the strange MAF sensors while you are doing that.

Are you going to offer a dry replacement filter ?
(#66)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 08:05 PM

Looking great so far!
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
You can also pull the Charcoal air filters out. Note the strange MAF sensors while you are doing that.

Are you going to offer a dry replacement filter ?
Pulled those charcoal filters the other day. Couldn't find any MAF sensors anywhere. The gears are turning on intake ideas for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2018, 09:39 PM

Loaded the car up with 30% E85 just to collect some data.

On the stock tuning ran 11.18@126.7. Trims are moving up but not maxed out so AFR was unaffected. E30 is promising for stock to lower boost levels.

Name:  e30_stock.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  54.6 KB

Next up clicked over to a performance map I'm working on. It was under targeting on boost but still hitting around 3-4psi over stock. At this higher boost levels, combined with the 30% E85, fuel trims did max out, and AFR started to pitch lean specially in the lower gears. Not unexpected on E85 without fuel pressure control. Ran much quicker though at 10.88@132.14.

Name:  e30_someboost.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  59.6 KB

Started work today on the fuel pressure connectors. Despite being fairly visible they are difficult to reach. I had to unscrew the fuel pressure sensor and shift the coolant res out of the way to access the drivers side. Only to find they are SENT technology sensors (like the new Audi). As luck would have it we recently released a SENT compatible board with enough analog channels to accomidate the F90. But I'm weighing the options right now as to whether it's worth incorporating them in to the F90 JB4 since they are a PITA to reach and that board is not as proven as the EWG board I'm evaluating now. Plus I think we can hit our power goals within the fueling limit without them using race gas rather than E85.

Anyway, lot's more work on boost control to do before I have to make that decision.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionchicken
+1 another shop got a similar 60-130 time on another forum, but I expect it go go mid-7s as well. Thing is moving for sure, and that's before mods lol
Best tuned so far 7.28, but it's early days. Easy 6s on good 93 octane fuel coming.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 05-20-2018, 02:28 AM

10.8@132mph xdrive piece of cake JB4 + F90

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
W.R. 11.01 @127.6mph, LUCHOJB4, BMS BEF MHD, E85/Reg + meth 24.8psi ~ Set-up on Drag Track online instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#71)
Old

Default 05-20-2018, 04:14 AM

6 mph 1/4 mile gain over stock already....NICE!!! I have 93 everywhere here in Orlando. Gonna be fun for sure ��
(#72)
Old

Default 05-20-2018, 07:07 AM

I don’t have access to E either. 93 is everywhere! Sounds like a Stage 1 with 3-4psi would be pretty quick !

I thought the MAF deal was interesting too.
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2018, 11:21 AM

Install won't be too bad on the basic JB4. TMAP connectors are easy to reach (30 seconds), one of the EWG connectors is up top (15 seconds), the other EWG connector you have to remove the driver side turbo inlet. But it's maybe a 5 minute job. Then the OBDII routing for CANbus another 5 min.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 05-20-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Install won't be too bad on the basic JB4. TMAP connectors are easy to reach (30 seconds), one of the EWG connectors is up top (15 seconds), the other EWG connector you have to remove the driver side turbo inlet. But it's maybe a 5 minute job. Then the OBDII routing for CANbus another 5 min.
Cool. Dyno this week ?
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2018, 11:45 AM

Focused on tuning and product development right now. But when it's close enough I'll share some dyno data.

Burger Motorsports