N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#4601)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-25-2018, 03:10 AM

On IOS only when you click view on logs it shows blank screen, if you close and open the app few times and try it works after, this been for a while not only on recent version so not sure the real cause but worth to look at if others having the same.

09 E92 335i - GULF Version, Hot-Climate Version, Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT with Xhp stage 2 flash, JB4 - Map 3 - MHD BMS Race Flash with modified Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N drop in Filter - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" **'s - BMS Water/Meth 40/60 VP Racing M1 with 70 adder
(#4602)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 05-25-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Can you please implement a real time WMI flow reading while priming so we know when we have full flow?
Great suggestion!

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#4603)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 05-25-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirtyfive
Any idea why I can't upload the new firmware? Keeps saying I need to choose a new time out but nothing is accepted between 10-40.
Shoot me an email. support3@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
What is the logic behind limiting the graph parameters to a maximum of 12? This forces me to not view all cylinders at once. There are no limitations on Terry's Windows interface.

Just curious.
I'll look into raising that limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Can you please implement a real time WMI flow reading while priming so we know when we have full flow?
I'll speak to Terry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
On IOS only when you click view on logs it shows blank screen, if you close and open the app few times and try it works after, this been for a while not only on recent version so not sure the real cause but worth to look at if others having the same.
Email me at (support3@jb4connectkit.com). We'll see if the beta fixes your issues.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4604)
Old

Car: 335i N54 2007
Default 05-26-2018, 03:45 AM

So just installed the connect, if the engine is on it works perfectly, as soon as the engine is off the app cannot find the JB4, any ideas on what to try?

I’ve tried restarting app, turning car on and off.

Frustrating as the main reason for the purchase was to update firmware and you need the engine off...

E92 335i N54 2007 UK

Jb4 firmware: 27/15//2

IOS 11.3
iPhone 7

I’m putting the key in so that all the dash lights and i-drive turn on.

I am not able to use he jb4 steering wheel commands either until the engine is on.

Last edited by Incrediblewoody; 05-26-2018 at 06:07 AM..
(#4605)
Old
Demigod

Default 05-27-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediblewoody
So just installed the connect, if the engine is on it works perfectly, as soon as the engine is off the app cannot find the JB4, any ideas on what to try?

Iíve tried restarting app, turning car on and off.

Frustrating as the main reason for the purchase was to update firmware and you need the engine off...

E92 335i N54 2007 UK

Jb4 firmware: 27/15//2

IOS 11.3
iPhone 7

Iím putting the key in so that all the dash lights and i-drive turn on.

I am not able to use he jb4 steering wheel commands either until the engine is on.
If the steering wheel controls don't work then you're either not turning the ign on properly or you have an install issue. I'd email BMS support for more help on this or post in the support section.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4606)
Old

Car: 2014 428i XDrive N26
Default 05-27-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
If the steering wheel controls don't work then you're either not turning the ign on properly or you have an install issue. I'd email BMS support for more help on this or post in the support section.
Iím either crazy or this is happening to me too. But Iím on N26. Steering wheel controls worked before.
(#4607)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default 06-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Device: Example iPhone 6S +
Engine type: W205 3.0 V6
App build:?
Kit Revision: Rev 3.6
JB4 Firmware Version: Not sure didnt install any
Problem experienced:

I purchased the JB4 Connect kit for my C450 and purchased the App. I installed the kit and opened the app. I am getting a Error Validating Device when I try to connect. I checked lightblue and I am getting bluetooth signal. I have reinstalled the app several times and tried a different phone. I still am getting the error. It happens immediately when I click connect.

I selected F-Series and REV 3.

Last edited by Ryanmlt1; 06-03-2018 at 03:42 PM..
(#4608)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 06-04-2018, 10:57 AM

Figured I'd post here because the support email is taking days.

It takes up to a dozen tries to connect. Turned on Auto connect, retry to connect a few times, close & reopen app, start over. Have tried this w/ the phone next to the device & in the car but it makes no difference. Hit or miss every time. Is there anything else to try?

Device: iPhone 6 plus
Engine type: S55 F Series
App build: R4P (Default 1234)
Kit Revision: Rev 3
JB4 Firmware Version: 4/17//5
Problem experienced: Can't connect
(#4609)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default 06-04-2018, 11:09 AM

Resolved Through Direct Email. Needed Beta version of new App. Sent latest JB4 Connect kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanmlt1
Problem experienced:

I purchased the JB4 Connect kit for my C450 and purchased the App. I installed the kit and opened the app. I am getting a Error Validating Device when I try to connect. I checked lightblue and I am getting bluetooth signal. I have reinstalled the app several times and tried a different phone. I still am getting the error. It happens immediately when I click connect.

(#4610)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 06-04-2018, 11:21 AM

Maybe its me, but it seems like allot of connection issues with the connect Kit---Has me thinking if I should spend the extra $$$ to go BT if Im going to have issues all the time!
(#4611)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-04-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Maybe its me, but it seems like allot of connection issues with the connect Kit---Has me thinking if I should spend the extra $$$ to go BT if Im going to have issues all the time!
It's worth it, sometimes there are new updates for android or IOS in which Donnie will have to accommodate with the JB4 app as well. It takes time, but I haven't had an issue with connecting to any device.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4612)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 06-04-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I'm wondering too, & I already have one.
(#4613)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Dmac,

I sent an email to support, but figured I'd follow up through the forum as well. I'm getting an Error Validating Device when trying to connect to my jb4. I appreciate any help you and offer.

Device: iPhone X
Engine type: Kia Stinger 2.0T
App build: 2.3.1
Problem experienced:Error Validating Device when trying to connect
(#4614)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddi85
Dmac,

I sent an email to support, but figured I'd follow up through the forum as well. I'm getting an Error Validating Device when trying to connect to my jb4. I appreciate any help you and offer.

looks like the same thing as the other guy above--his fix was:

Beta version of new App
(#4615)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 28i xDrive
Default 06-06-2018, 07:04 AM

Device: iPhone 6
Engine type: N20 E84 X1
JB4 Firmware Version: 70/2//5
Problem experienced: I'm having an issue where my JB4 keeps resetting to Map 0 only when I am using the JB4 Mobile app.

The number on the message keeps changing, but this is what I keep getting:

(#4616)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-06-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanmlt1
Problem experienced:

Resolved via email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom
Figured I'd post here because the support email is taking days.

It takes up to a dozen tries to connect. Turned on Auto connect, retry to connect a few times, close & reopen app, start over. Have tried this w/ the phone next to the device & in the car but it makes no difference. Hit or miss every time. Is there anything else to try?

Device: iPhone 6 plus
Engine type: S55 F Series
App build: R4P (Default 1234)
JB4 Firmware Version: 4/17//5
Problem experienced: Can't connect
Email me (support3@jb4connectkit.com) and include a screenshot of the error message you get when connecting.

Quote:
iOS only experiences a connection issue if the BT radio needs to be reset, the kit is too close to a battery, or there is a hardware problem with the kit (if this is the issue I'll replace the kit).

Android connection issues are virtually completely worked out in the current beta so it is basically comparable to iOS at this point.

I rarely get on the forums now as most of my time is spent in development and handling email support. Anyone who needs help with anything JB4 Mobile related please email support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddi85
Dmac,

If I haven't spoken with you via email already email me: orders@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot
Device: iPhone 6
Engine type: N20 E84 X1
JB4 Firmware Version: 70/2//5
Problem experienced: I'm having an issue where my JB4 keeps resetting to Map 0 only when I am using the JB4 Mobile app.

The number on the message keeps changing, but this is what I keep getting:

Lets double check your install first and go from there. Email me at orders@jb4connectkit.com.

(#4617)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 06-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Device: S9
Engine type: n54
App build: Developer
JB4 Firmware Version: 32.10
Problem experienced:

After the update, the app will stay on for about 30 seconds to one minute and then completely close out. tried a restart on the phone which worked for about 2 minutes and then would keep closing out every 30 seconds.

2011 335is - Alpine White on Red - JB4+Trebila BEF l BMS DCI l Mishimoto IC l BMS OCC l Phoenix CP l BWS WMI 100% CM5+CM10 l Turbosmart Plumb Backs l N54tech Dpipes
(#4618)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as3.0cl
Device: S9
Engine type: n54
App build: Developer
JB4 Firmware Version: 32.10
Problem experienced:

After the update, the app will stay on for about 30 seconds to one minute and then completely close out. tried a restart on the phone which worked for about 2 minutes and then would keep closing out every 30 seconds.
The App Build can be found in the Read Only section of the app. If you aren't on the beta, here is a link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

I've started the next round of public releases. Below is the changelog:
Android:
BT connection code overhaul.

Connection type and engine type selections removed. This is now handled automatically so just hit the Connect button and go.

OTG connections are automatically used whenever a BMS Data Cable is detected. This can be disabled (for those who only use a Connect Kit) in the settings page.

Gauge Selector workaround for Note 3 devices on 5.0.

Tons of bug fixes and usability updates.

Auto-Connect changes.

iOS:
Connection type and engine type selections removed. This is now handled automatically so just hit the Connect button and go.

Minor bug fixes.

Regarding the giveaway I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'll be giving away a new Rev 3.6 Connect Kit along with a redeem code for iOS or Android. Still working on how to do the actual giveaway so stay tuned.

(#4619)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 06-13-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
The App Build can be found in the Read Only section of the app. If you aren't on the beta, here is a link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

I've started the next round of public releases. Below is the changelog:
Android:
BT connection code overhaul.

OTG connections are automatically used whenever a BMS Data Cable is detected. This can be disabled (for those who only use a Connect Kit) in the settings page.

Gauge Selector workaround for Note 3 devices on 5.0.

Tons of bug fixes and usability updates.

Auto-Connect changes.

iOS:

Minor bug fixes.

Regarding the giveaway I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'll be giving away a new Rev 3.6 Connect Kit along with a redeem code for iOS or Android. Still working on how to do the actual giveaway so stay tuned.
this is with the Beta app version, i am pretty sure because i got the message on the engine type being removed phone is an S8 no 9, mistype.

Interface version on App Read only is A239

Also i can leave the app open and it will not shut off if it is not connected. once connected is where i get the app crashes

2011 335is - Alpine White on Red - JB4+Trebila BEF l BMS DCI l Mishimoto IC l BMS OCC l Phoenix CP l BWS WMI 100% CM5+CM10 l Turbosmart Plumb Backs l N54tech Dpipes

Last edited by as3.0cl; 06-13-2018 at 04:13 PM..
(#4620)
Old

Car: bmw g30 540
Default 06-15-2018, 11:35 PM

Engine type: B58
App build: 2.3.2
JB4 Firmware Version: Not sure brand new just was shipped from Burger yesterday
Problem experienced: I can not get the app to connect to the unit. I can get error that says go to the settings page and select your kit revision, but when I go the settings tab there is nothing there that allows that choice. I just purchased the app from the appstore today and it looks like it was updated yesterday. At this point I can not activate any maps on my g30 540i.
(#4621)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-16-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo
Engine type: B58
App build: 2.3.2
JB4 Firmware Version: Not sure brand new just was shipped from Burger yesterday
Problem experienced: I can not get the app to connect to the unit. I can get error that says go to the settings page and select your kit revision, but when I go the settings tab there is nothing there that allows that choice. I just purchased the app from the appstore today and it looks like it was updated yesterday. At this point I can not activate any maps on my g30 540i.
Try emailing Donnie for the fastest support. He doesn't always check the forums.

support@jb4connectkit.com

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PURE Stage 2 N54 Turbos | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...