N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2851)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_beridze
this is my solenoid it is AEM, may be this is reason of my underboost?
It could be a faulty Mac solenoid. You can find it here:

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2852)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 05-25-2018, 01:02 AM

Hello, Burger Team
I think i found reason but dont know how solve it.
when turbo is pooling wgdc sets at 33 and boost rises continuously, but after 15 psi wgdc sets 0 and boost goes down to spring pressure and cant reach target. for reference i attach logs map1 and map2
Attached Files
File Type: csv map2.csv (8.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: csv Map1.csv (12.7 KB, 12 views)
(#2853)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Hello, Burger Team
I think i found reason but dont know how solve it.
when turbo is pooling wgdc sets at 33 and boost rises continuously, but after 15 psi wgdc sets 0 and boost goes down to spring pressure and cant reach target. for reference i attach logs map1 and map2
Yes, looks like you have a connection issue of some sort. Why dont you make a thread and post pictures so we can try to help you?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2854)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 12:26 PM

v13_5 firmware

Added anti-bog logic selectable with FUD.4 and pulling clutch wire. Details here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52657

T1) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map1 (WG spring) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T1) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!

Burger Motorsports

(#2855)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-25-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
v13_5 firmware

Added anti-bog logic selectable with FUD.4 and pulling clutch wire. Details here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52657

T1) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map1 (WG spring) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T1) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!
What exactly entails the in dash boost gauge calibration? scaling it to your own max psi range? or just generic calibration for your model car? Thanks
(#2856)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 02:27 PM

Same as it has always been. Gauge reads from 0psi at empty to user defined boost safety at full.

Burger Motorsports

(#2857)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-25-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Same as it has always been. Gauge reads from 0psi at empty to user defined boost safety at full.
I was always curious how it was scaled from the perspective on a 3.5 or 4 bar sensor. Thanks Terry
(#2858)
Old

Default 05-28-2018, 01:49 PM

Hello Terry. can you look my logs? i cant reach target. ff does not goes up after spring preasure gates starting open more and more.... results spolling is very slow and cant reach target... what settings may be wrong at jb? i use 13.4 firmware and jb4 BB2 I8AOS st ts.bin
log is attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-28 21_47_16.csv (14.6 KB, 15 views)
(#2859)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i xdrive
Default 05-28-2018, 02:29 PM

Which turbo manifold are you using? You take forever to build any type of boost. What size of turbo? Just curious man

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#2860)
Old

Default 05-28-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phv628
Which turbo manifold are you using? You take forever to build any type of boost. What size of turbo? Just curious man
it is not manyfold. after spring preasure i hear gate sound. its open and open more and more. i unplug gate fittings and i get 17 psi at 3700 . but when i trying to controll bust i have this result. may be solenoid is wrong part number. i order new one.
(#2861)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 06:32 AM

Yeah you should order the MAC solenoid from BMS. I've had mine since 2015.

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#2862)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Hello Terry. can you look my logs? i cant reach target. ff does not goes up after spring preasure gates starting open more and more.... results spolling is very slow and cant reach target... what settings may be wrong at jb? i use 13.4 firmware and jb4 BB2 I8AOS st ts.bin
log is attached
This log is much better, everything is finally working.

Okay, now do the following:

Set DWP to 70
Set Duty Bias to 50 Across all RPM
Set FF to 50

After you saved all those values, go and do another log. Try and make your own thread please so we don't clutter this up. I will have to start deleting your posts soon.

Make your thread and post the log here:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2863)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-01-2018, 10:12 AM

anyone use map 8 with e85 pi kit and meth for cooling in the charge pipe???

l CP forged piston(84.5mm & 9.2:1) l CP Connecting Rod l VAC rod bearing l Head Gasket 1,52MM l APR Head bolt l Fuel it PI Kit(550cc) with JB controller l stage 3 fuel kit with return line and Hobbs switch l custom single turbo ( PT6262 Ceramic ball bearing l custom exhaust l BMS meth kit l Kw-v3 coilover l brembo 6p & 4p l BBS RGR 19" l ER charge pipe with forge diverter valve l CP-e intercooler and oil cooler l custom Tranny cooler l mhd l xhp stage 3 l
(#2864)
Old

Default 06-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
anyone use map 8 with e85 pi kit and meth for cooling in the charge pipe???
You'd need to setup map 6 for that.

Burger Motorsports

(#2865)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default query - 06-01-2018, 06:35 PM

guys good night I'm having a problem closing the butterfly at about 17 psi and the sensors o2 are very different are the two new ones just replace them I can not find the problem I leave the records
Attached Files
File Type: csv 15.csv (10.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 413cv.csv (14.4 KB, 13 views)

bmw 135 i m54 jb4 PT 6466 PT intercooler fsb meth
(#2866)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You'd need to setup map 6 for that.
what would you recommend the meth trigger and meth safety for map 6 ??
I really need the meth for cooling in the charge pipe.

l CP forged piston(84.5mm & 9.2:1) l CP Connecting Rod l VAC rod bearing l Head Gasket 1,52MM l APR Head bolt l Fuel it PI Kit(550cc) with JB controller l stage 3 fuel kit with return line and Hobbs switch l custom single turbo ( PT6262 Ceramic ball bearing l custom exhaust l BMS meth kit l Kw-v3 coilover l brembo 6p & 4p l BBS RGR 19" l ER charge pipe with forge diverter valve l CP-e intercooler and oil cooler l custom Tranny cooler l mhd l xhp stage 3 l
(#2867)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurean bmw 135i n54
guys good night I'm having a problem closing the butterfly at about 17 psi and the sensors o2 are very different are the two new ones just replace them I can not find the problem I leave the records
I'm not really understanding what you're asking. For a single turbo you will need to update the Jb4 to the single turbo firmware. Make sure you have single turbo MHD flash loaded as well.

Jb4 firmware is on the first post of this page:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20406

Burger Motorsports

(#2868)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurean bmw 135i n54
You're a wild man.

I can't believe that you're still running twin turbo firmware on your ST set up.

(#2869)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You're a wild man.

I can't believe that you're still running twin turbo firmware on your ST set up.
I'm surprised it still worked on map 6 too! LOL

Burger Motorsports

(#2870)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07335i
what would you recommend the meth trigger and meth safety for map 6 ??
I really need the meth for cooling in the charge pipe.
Lets take this back to email and I can tell you what settings to run.

Can you get me a log on map 7 where you have both PI and Meth working.

Burger Motorsports

(#2871)
Old

Default 06-02-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I'm surprised it still worked on map 6 too! LOL
Savage!

I deduced that he's attempting to communicate to you that he's concerned with this AFRs differing from bank to bank. I would hazard a guess that the oxygen sensor on bank 1 requires replacement. But would be best to at least run the correct firmware! Lolz

(#2872)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 02:53 PM

Hey guys having a problem with my freshly built motor and single turbo. I have a lower compression motor 9.2:1 car is throwing a boost plausibilty fault and wont make any boost even on wastegate spring. Its currently at a shop now that cant handle figuring this out so i have to go trailer it back to the house and figure it out myself or if anyone knows a shop in the mid atlantic region ill trailer it there to have it worked out
(#2873)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Sounds like they didn't plumb the waste gate lines properly. A simple oversight usually.

(#2874)
Old

Default 06-11-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Sounds like they didn't plumb the waste gate lines properly. A simple oversight usually.
these are the codes in the DME
002D33 ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR
003100 BOOST PRESSURE CONTROL

im going up with my trailer tomorrow to get the car and look it over myself if anyone has ideas with these codes it would be extremely helpful.
(#2875)
Old

Default 06-11-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by defineste90
these are the codes in the DME
002D33 ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR
003100 BOOST PRESSURE CONTROL

im going up with my trailer tomorrow to get the car and look it over myself if anyone has ideas with these codes it would be extremely helpful.

Those are all boost related codes. Check that they plugged in your TMAP sensor on the charger pipe and that its connected. Check the plumbing to your waste gate lines are proper. Also make sure that your MAC solenoid is actually plugged into the connector. I guess also check the silicone charge couplers attached to the intercooler. Did you upload the proper firmware and are you using JB4 with an MHD bef?