N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default Fuel-It! N55 Port Injection support thread. - 01-08-2016, 07:18 PM

Hey all,

This thread will serve as the official Fuel-It! port injection support thread for updates and questions related to the purchase, installation, and setup of our port injection kits.

All of our port injection kits feature the following:
  • Optimized injection angle for better fuel distribution on all 6 cylinders (no cylinder 1 offset)
  • 100% anodized billet aluminum construction
  • Integrated 2 piece construction for a precision fit
  • Custom billet fittings compatible with your stock hardware
  • Optional return ports for upgrade compatibility
  • N54, N55, and S55 compatible
  • Six genuine Bosch injectors available in 3 sizes
  • Extended length steel bolts to mount your new port injection spacer
  • 6 genuine BMW OEM gaskets

Our standard kits come in 4 different configurations to meet your needs.

Bronze = Basic kit that utilizes the stock feed line up to the engine bay
Silver = Replaces stock fuel line all the way back to the tank (Best option if you don't need an ethanol sensor)
Gold = Adds an ethanol sensor to the Silver kit.
Platinum = Adds the ethanol analyzer to the Gold kit (Most popular complete kit)

Here's the link for the E-Series N55 Port injection Kits

http://www.fuel-it.biz/e-series-port-injection-1/

Here's the link for the F-Series N55 Port Injection Kits

http://www.fuel-it.biz/f-series-n55-port-injection/

Name:  features with 20% BG 800.jpg
Views: 2032
Size:  212.8 KB

All port injection kits feature our exclusive cam lock fitting for a secure fuel line connection to the HPFP hardline.

For those of you that are on a budget, want to save some money, don't mind assembling your own kits, and prefer optional email tuning support, we also have a budget friendly option.

These kits have many of the same great features as our standard kits with the same quality design and construction.

Here's the link for the E-Series N55 DIY Port injection Kits

http://www.fuel-it.biz/n55-e-series-...injection-kit/

Here's the link for the F-Series N55 Port Injection Kits

http://www.fuel-it.biz/n55-f-series-...injection-kit/

Name:  complete kit 10% background and 20% watermark 800.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  96.3 KB

If you'd like to compare features, we have an easy to read spreadsheet that can be downloaded by selecting this link.

For those of you that are running a meth injection kit, we now have our DPMI (Direct Port Meth Injection) kits available to upgrade your meth system. Just like our standard port injection kits these kits provide great distribution, PWM meth compatible injectors, and have 3 injector sizes to meet your fueling needs.

These its include the following:
  • Optimized injection angle for better fuel distribution on all 6 cylinders (no cylinder 1 offset)
  • 100% anodized billet aluminum construction
  • Integrated 2 piece construction for a precision fit
  • Custom billet fittings compatible with your stock hardware
  • N54, N55, and S55 compatible
  • Six genuine Bosch injectors available in 3 sizes
  • Extended length steel bolts to mount your new port injection spacer
  • 6 genuine BMW OEM gaskets
  • Fuel line adapter to connect your 1/4" nylon meth line and 36" inch steel braided fuel line

Here's the link for the E-Series and F-Series DPMI kits

http://www.fuel-it.biz/direct-port-m...equipped-cars/

Name:  n54 and N55 direct port meth 10% background with 20% wm 800.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  117.0 KB

If you have any questions about your specific application, please email us at info@fuel-it.com

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 10-09-2017 at 11:50 PM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Intake manifold removal video (F-series is very similar)

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 10-10-2017 at 01:07 AM..
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Controller Installation guide for the Fuel-It! N55 E-series Port Injection kit

Link to port injection controller install guides...

When running the JB4 we recommend using BMS JB4 integrated PI controller as it makes setup much easier and has additional safeties the Split Second controller doesn't offer.
With the BMS PI controller or Split Second JB4 integrated controller, you can simply adjust the AFR bias' in the JB4 interface to dial in your port injection instead of having to re-flash the Split Second controller every time you want to make a change with the Split Second "Flash Only" controller. When you order the Split Second controller from us, you will specify if you are "flash only" or "JB4 integrated" and the controller will come pre-loaded with the appropriate map.

Here are the illustrations for making the electrical connections.

Power

For the power wire, we prefer to use the following power source for both the BMS and the Split Second controller.

Name:  Power connection reduced.jpg
Views: 7801
Size:  98.2 KB

Ground

The BMS and Split Second ground wire has a ring terminal and can be run to the strut tower where you can remove one of the nuts, slide the ring terminal on, put the nut back on, and tighten it down.

RPM Connection
(Note: Do not select the large black wire by accident...you can see it in the background of the picture. You must select the solid black (or dark gray) wire that is the same size as the majority of wires in that bundle)

Name:  RPM wire reduced.jpg
Views: 7385
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  RPM wire 2 reduced.jpg
Views: 7344
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  RPM wire 3 reduced.jpg
Views: 7370
Size:  111.2 KB

To verify your RPM connection and that the Split Second controller is working properly the following video demonstrates how to connect to the controller.

To view a recording:
-Select "View"
-Select "View Recordings"
-Select the file in your drop down window
-Scroll to the right and watch the dark blue line to see the injector duty cycle.

TMAP connection for JB4 Integration

Name:  TMAP JB4_INT reduced.jpg
Views: 7383
Size:  150.5 KB

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 10-10-2017 at 12:13 AM..
(#4)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 01-08-2016, 07:41 PM

Dammit! I just ordered the N54 CPe rail and was planning on modifying it to make it fit with the S55. Literally this morning

Had I known, I would have gotten yours since the manifold for the S55/N55 is the same thing

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER ** | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#5)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 01-08-2016, 08:49 PM

No love for the n54?? Haha Great looking kit from a great company! Finally a solution for the fellow enthusiasts!

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 01-08-2016, 09:23 PM

I just ordered my kit!!
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
No love for the n54?? Haha Great looking kit from a great company! Finally a solution for the fellow enthusiasts!
Lol...it's for all E-series, we just announced it for the N55 first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anytyme
I just ordered my kit!!
Got it...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Dammit! I just ordered the N54 CPe rail and was planning on modifying it to make it fit with the S55. Literally this morning

Had I known, I would have gotten yours since the manifold for the S55/N55 is the same thing
Modifying the rail to clear the DME is going to be the least of your problems. . This is why we are going a different direction for that platform.

(#8)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 01-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Group buy.

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#9)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-08-2016, 10:55 PM

Nice looking kit Steve. As usual

F21 M140i - currently stock
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#10)
Old

Default 01-09-2016, 06:44 AM

Will there be an additional map needed, or is the E85 BEF sufficient?

Won't there be software needed to load up to the SS?

(Questions based on some reading done in the N54 section.)

Lastly I figure I might as well upgrade to a stage 3 fuel pump and call it a day since you have the promo going.

Should I be doing a Hobb Switch? the bung will be available since I'd remove the meth kit?

Is doing a FPR better?

I'm learning here by the way just in case....

Last edited by Anytyme; 01-09-2016 at 07:17 AM..
(#11)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 01-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Any blocked off spot for a return line and fpr?

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Will there be an additional map needed, or is the E85 BEF sufficient?

Won't there be software needed to load up to the SS?

(Questions based on some reading done in the N54 section.)

Lastly I figure I might as well upgrade to a stage 3 fuel pump and call it a day since you have the promo going.

Should I be doing a Hobb Switch? the bung will be available since I'd remove the meth kit?

Is doing a FPR better?

I'm learning here by the way just in case....
Answer via email but will answer for others that may be reading.

FPR isn't needed for N55 power levels.

Yes, Hobb's switch is needed. The N55 JB4 doesn't have an external trigger to kick on the secondary pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
Any blocked off spot for a return line and fpr?
Yes...we actually added that to the description the first time we did the webpage and the site crashed. Had to redo everything and forgot to add it again. We'll take care of that now.

Thanks

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2016, 01:05 PM

Here's a picture of the backside of the fuel rail.

You can see not only have we put in a port for a return system, we have also added an additional feed port. This is for those N54 customers that are running inlets in the stock location so that the elbow for the feed line doesn't rub up against those. N55's don't need this and for the N54's that do, it will just be a simple upgrade option.

Let us know if you see anything else that you need clarification on from our site and we'll update that before we announce the release elsewhere.

Thanks!

Name:  backside.jpg
Views: 7642
Size:  93.9 KB

(#14)
Old
M-Terkait

Car: F30 335i
Default 01-09-2016, 04:01 PM

I'll be running pump 93 (maybe race gas for events) only with meth/water kit mostly water content but am fuel limited, i need fuel solution ( TBI or PI ) to add fuel, and water/meth to control knocks.
do you prefer PI or TBI for this application ?

N55 - Doc race 6266.
(#15)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
Default 01-09-2016, 05:10 PM

Please tell me BMS is releasing 6 cylinder logging now that this is out.
(#16)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait
I'll be running pump 93 (maybe race gas for events) only with meth/water kit mostly water content but am fuel limited, i need fuel solution ( TBI or PI ) to add fuel, and water/meth to control knocks.
In your case you are octane and volume limited. I think without ethanol tbi or pi wont help. Get the meth kit installed and do logs. How long have you been talking? Time for some action my friend!

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#17)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 01-10-2016, 03:45 AM

Quote:
I'll be running pump 93 (maybe race gas for events) only with meth/water kit mostly water content but am fuel limited, i need fuel solution ( TBI or PI ) to add fuel, and water/meth to control knocks. Do you prefer PI or TBI for this application ?
Looked into this too for quite some time prior to purchasing the TBI kit. Steve's put loads of work into testing both products and both rely on atomisation to work correctly. If you introduce water / meth you may disturb this process.

Not saying that it's a definite no as some guys do run small meth nozzles but it's not the ideal option.

The route with both TBI and PI should be an increase of octane.

With regard to preference of PI or TBI that really depends on your future goals / mods. A Pure S2 running say 40 - 60% E85 will be maxed out with TBI. You'll need a stage 2 LPFP to achieve this and a BEF would be preferable although not a necessity.

darkiedm4 was one of the early pioneers of the TBI system and on his M135i can hit the PS2's limits without a flash.
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait
TBI is not for you. It would be too much fuel and as mentioned, your limitation is octane.

My recommendation would be to change your water/meth content and add more meth.

On the N55, TBI is really for those that are running moderate to significant amounts of ethanol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loesch
Please tell me BMS is releasing 6 cylinder logging now that this is out.
Unfortunately they haven't been able to implement that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Looked into this too for quite some time prior to purchasing the TBI kit. Steve's put loads of work into testing both products and both rely on atomisation to work correctly. If you introduce water / meth you may disturb this process.

Not saying that it's a definite no as some guys do run small meth nozzles but it's not the ideal option.

The route with both TBI and PI should be an increase of octane.

With regard to preference of PI or TBI that really depends on your future goals / mods. A Pure S2 running say 40 - 60% E85 will be maxed out with TBI. You'll need a stage 2 LPFP to achieve this and a BEF would be preferable although not a necessity.

darkiedm4 was one of the early pioneers of the TBI system and on his M135i can hit the PS2's limits without a flash.
TBI is a definite no on straight pump gas for the N55.

Nice explanation.

(#19)
Old

Default 01-10-2016, 10:51 PM

How will PI be beneficial to N55 owners, if the cars don't like 100% E85?

All the posts I see say PI is for running 100% E85. Will we be able to max out the Pure Stage 2's and make low to mid 5's until further advancements?
(#20)
Old
Demigod

Default 01-11-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
How will PI be beneficial to N55 owners, if the cars don't like 100% E85?

All the posts I see say PI is for running 100% E85. Will we be able to max out the Pure Stage 2's and make low to mid 5's until further advancements?
I think Steve mentioned he could run full e85 on his tbi setup and max out pure stage2. But he stopped at e60 because more E was not needed octane wise.

peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
pureturbos.eu
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2016, 08:27 AM

You don't have to run 100% E85 with PI. You can run whatever mix you want, you'll just have to tune accordingly and may need to adjust your PI map on the Split Second.

With the N55, we don't have as much access to the tuning tables as we doing with the N54. We have found that our N55 runs best on about E60 so we stick with that. We've run it on 100% E85 and it will run okay but we'll revisit it with PI installed. We hope to get to that today or Wednesday and we'll shoot some instructional videos as well.

(#22)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW E92
Default 01-11-2016, 08:32 AM

Hi Steve,

Is there any plans for JB4 integration in the N55?

Is this already done?

2011 E92 N55 AT | FBO | JB4 + MHD | Pure Stg 2 | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | Fuel-It Stg 3 LPFP + PI Platinum Kit + BMS PI Controller | COBB Exhaust | E85 |
Coming Soon: ABR N55 Built Motor | Big Boost 3.4 Turbo Kit | 6HP19 Built Trans
(#23)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 01-11-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis485
Hi Steve,

Is this already done?
Would be up to Terry but I think with official PI products out now, Terry will do his programming magic.

I still have my N55, gonna pick this kit up along with PURE S2's in a month or two

AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE CF Intake | AWE ColdFront | ER ** | ER Chargepipes | JB4 Stage 3 | Custom SS Methanol | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Dodson Superstock DCT Clutch | PURE Stage 2 Hi-Flo
(#24)
Old

Default 01-11-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You don't have to run 100% E85 with PI. You can run whatever mix you want, you'll just have to tune accordingly and may need to adjust your PI map on the Split Second.

With the N55, we don't have as much access to the tuning tables as we doing with the N54. We have found that our N55 runs best on about E60 so we stick with that. We've run it on 100% E85 and it will run okay but we'll revisit it with PI installed. We hope to get to that today or Wednesday and we'll shoot some instructional videos as well.
Sounds good and that's what I figured.
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis485
Hi Steve,

Is this already done?
No, it's not done yet but it's in the works. Terry has to verify the N55 ISO board is compatible and then like the N54 we'll probably have to swap one of the chips. As soon as we get that ironed out we'll install it on our N55 and begin testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy
Would be up to Terry but I think with official PI products out now, Terry will do his programming magic.

I still have my N55, gonna pick this kit up along with PURE S2's in a month or two