N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1226)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
The fittings are a push-lock style fittings so they do not require a clamp if installed properly. That said, since you are installing them in used fuel lines, I would suggest adding hose clamps. Simply put a request in the order notes and we will include Oetiker clamps for you.

The JB4 can not adjust the flash, you will have to do that. The JB4 can only adjust fueling via the port injection.

Oh... I just noticed your post. I actually just bought it from you guys using ebay. Username mat82284

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ethanol-Sen...72.m2749.l2649
(#1227)
Old

Default 02-16-2018, 10:34 AM

Got the sensor, I didnt get any install instructions. Are there any online? The only instructions i see are the short youtube videos. I figure it out, this sensor will be extra helpful so im excited to install it

Question, can this also be installed on the return line if i decided to do that instead?
Attached Images

2009 335i X-Drive | GC Turbos | Vargas silicone cold/hotside, | Fuel It PI with FPR and return line and BMS controller | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7" Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust

Last edited by buster84; 02-16-2018 at 10:57 AM..
(#1228)
Old

Default 02-16-2018, 11:36 AM

I'm looking at the whole fuel it stuff installed in the car now and im trying to get a reference of how its all supposed to be connected correctly. I found this photo on the fourms, can you confirm if this is the correct way?

From the photo its showing the fuel it port injection rail and HPFP is connecting to the hpfp sensor then to the passenger bucket? So the fuel it FPR goes from the rail to the drivers side stage 3 bucket?
Attached Images

2009 335i X-Drive | GC Turbos | Vargas silicone cold/hotside, | Fuel It PI with FPR and return line and BMS controller | Fuel It Stage 3 fuel pump | BMS dual cone instakes | BMS Catch Can | VRSF 7" Intercooler | Forge Diverter Valves | JB4 G5 ISO with Blutooth/JB4 Mobile App | n20 tmap sensor 3.5 bar | AR After turbo Exhaust
(#1229)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-16-2018, 12:28 PM

Already answered email... That is an old diagram for the MOTIV port injection kit that is no longer produced.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1230)
Old

Default 02-17-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Already answered email... That is an old diagram for the MOTIV port injection kit that is no longer produced.
I just wanted to give Steve a big thanks! He's been very helpful and I got the sensor up and running with his help. I highly recommend fuel it products especially when Steve provides this type of customer service!

(#1231)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2018, 09:40 AM

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1232)
Old

Car: E60 535i Sport 6mt
Default 02-20-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet
I have my BMS PI controller installed and if the Meth trace in the logs and gauge is correct, it's spraying all the time, even with zero boost and at idle. It doesn't seem to me that it should be spraying the PI just cruising and at idle.

I've rechecked my wiring, and even though I have NLS I still set Menu8 to zero. I have Meth Scaling set to 100 and I also tried 99.

I just updated my JB4 firmware, as well as updating the mobile app and downloading the latest BMS BEF, for hybrids, E85, and PI.

What else can I check, or is this supposed to be normal?

Also I'm having some trouble connecting via the Bluetooth ConnectKit. So perhaps I'm not getting a good connection via the DB9 cable?

To close out my two issues, my symptoms turned out to be a poor ground. I fixed the PI ground and it works as expected.

For the Bluetooth connectivity problem, so far it has gone away after uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app. Previously, the app was working fine and then started having failures to connect after updating it in the Play store.

Big thanks to Jon, Terry, and Steve for the support!

2009 535i 6mt, PURE Stage 2, Wagner FMIC, Fuel-It PI, VTT inlets, VRSF things, RPi exhaust, Walbro 450.
(#1233)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM

(#1234)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 03-19-2018, 04:05 AM

After the last update of the app (which in my opinion took place automatically at the end of January), I do not get display results for the ethanol content (now called e85), trans temp, water temp or mph. I know ethanol and trans temp are used to indicate, but clearly not anymore. I've noticed that there are a few new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.
(#1235)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2018, 06:22 AM

You'll need to post in the 3rd party app thread for assistance with that.

(#1236)
Old

Default 03-21-2018, 12:28 AM

I've noticed that there are some new "bits" in the WMI category, but I do not know what settings to use.

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.
(#1237)
Old

Default 03-21-2018, 12:51 AM

??????
Attached Images

(#1238)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM

Enable the ones that apply to your setup. Most likely based on your mods...bits 1 and 4.

(#1239)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default query - 03-21-2018, 06:48 PM

Do you have an email to contact you?

Quote:

bmw 135 i m54 jb4 PT 6466 PT intercooler fsb meth
(#1240)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2018, 09:59 AM

info@fuel-it.com

(#1241)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 03-24-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84
I'm looking at the whole fuel it stuff installed in the car now and im trying to get a reference of how its all supposed to be connected correctly. I found this photo on the fourms, can you confirm if this is the correct way?

From the photo its showing the fuel it port injection rail and HPFP is connecting to the hpfp sensor then to the passenger bucket? So the fuel it FPR goes from the rail to the drivers side stage 3 bucket?
Hello
anyone can datally explain how ware connect?
(#1242)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM

Terry,I sent u an email on the new hEX you sent me for TipIn test. Let me know Wut to do next.
Cut off throttle at more than 60% paddle and Way to much fuel at tipin now.. yessss so it is just about adjusting I think.. let me know thx
(#1243)
Old

Car: 135i e82
Default 03-31-2018, 10:16 AM

Hi ,

I have bms fuel it pi controller and have 2 yellow wires , one goes to pin 9 on Db9 jb4 and where other yellow goes ? Is this secondary fuel pump trigger ?
(#1244)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 09:08 AM

It's the optional positive 2nd pump trigger.

(#1245)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
It's the optional positive 2nd pump trigger.
Thanks . Allready got that sorted out from this thread If readed almost all pages :D
(#1246)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 04-05-2018, 01:38 PM

when installing the port injection controller, I'm having trouble with where DB9 and DB25 are to install the yellow and white pins.

thx
(#1247)
Old

Default 04-05-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasB00st
when installing the port injection controller, I'm having trouble with where DB9 and DB25 are to install the yellow and white pins.

thx

Black ground
Red JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 Db25 harness #15
Purple goes in the small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
(#1248)
Old

Car: BMW 335
Default 04-07-2018, 12:13 PM

Hello Terry
i have question about port injection. I need to use stock injectors at stock load and after 8 psi add additional fuel from PI. is it possible tune system as i describe? i need this scham for avoiding high load and faulty DI injectors and HPFP.
(#1249)
Old

Car: 2014 M235i
Default 04-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Enable the ones that apply to your setup. Most likely based on your mods...bits 1 and 4.
Just want to follow up on this. I've been out of the loop for about a year and looking back I just saw this. What exactly do all of the bits do? I'm about to do a BEF so I want to make sure everything is in order.

I'm running a '14 M235i FBO with all the bells and whistles on Fuel-It! PI with JB4 integration (FF harness + EWG), 100% E85.

Also I've never gotten my ethanol analyzer to work. I can't seem to get anything to report on E85, and before I never got DutyCycle to show me anything.

Last edited by dross50; 04-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: .
(#1250)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2018, 03:09 PM

You'll want to select the correct bits for you setup, they are pretty self explanatory but if you have a question about a specific one, post that.

For the ethanol sensor, enable the bits and verify your meth scaling is set to 100.