N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#2501)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-16-2018, 08:51 AM

Hey,

I have bought Harness A, and my n55 is Harness B. My case is ****ty, because I bought it when I was in USA last year and now I cannot change it because:
- I bought used JB4
- They dont have any parts like this in Europe

Thats why I would be very grateful for any kind of help because I spent a lot of money for my JB4 and it is not working because of the harness...

At first I thought that just connectors are different, but wires are still the same so I cut the connector rims and then it could be perfectly plugged. After I plugged whole harness according to the manual it didn't work and i had check engine light on the dashboard.

My question is, does the harness have any more difference than the connectors (different wiring etc) ? If yes then is it possible to do something that it will work or I just lost so much money?

Thank you for any kind of help!
(#2502)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2018, 08:54 AM

Just the connectors and wiring... Just sell it used to an A customer and buy a correct B model for your vehicle.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2503)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-16-2018, 09:08 AM

But the problem is that nobody has JB4 in my country so I would have to ship it to USA and pay for the shipping back which would be extremely expensive. Can you explain me what is the difference in the wiring and can I or some experienced electrician change the wiring to make it work ?

Thanks
(#2504)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW E92
Default 03-21-2018, 07:25 AM

Terry,

Any plans on displaying the transmission oil temp in the JB4. I'm getting my AT built and I'll be pushing it near its limit.

2011 E92 N55 AT | FBO | JB4 + MHD | Pure Stg 2 | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | Fuel-It Stg 3 LPFP + PI Platinum Kit + BMS PI Controller | COBB Exhaust | E85 |
Coming Soon: ABR N55 Built Motor | Big Boost 3.4 Turbo Kit | 6HP19 Built Trans

Last edited by alexis485; 03-21-2018 at 08:04 AM..
(#2505)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-21-2018, 08:52 AM

Certainly something we can work on adding.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2506)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 03-22-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wei
Hi Terry, Currently running ISO 5_11 on my 2011 BMW 335i and I found menu 11 won't hold the volume that I input. I tried to set it to 5 but every time I across menu 11 from menu 10 or from menu 12, the setting will drop and after few times that will drop to 0. For sure there is a bug on menu 11 setting.

Anyone having the some problem as I do regarding to menu 11 or just me?
Recently, I too have been having this same symptom. I have a 2012 335i. Was this ever solved? I've seen some questioning whether menu 11 was for fuel open loop(FOL) adjustment OR for pedal input refinement. I think FOL adjustment was an earlier version or for a different car entirely. The current wheel control guide says it IS for pedal input.
One other gremlin I've found is my Open Loop value always stays at zero. I thought it was a self learning parameter. If not, what was the default setting?
(#2507)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2018, 11:21 AM

On previous firmware could be, make sure you run the latest firmware as we always fix little bugs and problems along with the performance updates as we go.

Burger Motorsports

(#2508)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 03-22-2018, 11:46 AM

Sorry, I should have said what SW/FW I'm running. JB4/G5 N55_ISO_5_16(5/16//3), Interface A217. I believe these are the latest ones. I was having this issue previously with 5_13 as well. Are there any JB4 settings that would have a reactionary effect on menu 11? Could a value somewhere else be prompting/forcing pedal value to fall?
(#2509)
Old

Car: e90 335i sedan
Default 04-10-2018, 04:00 PM

hey you guys so im on firmware ISO_5_14

if i update my firmware to the newest one (16) would i get a check engine light because on my f30 when i updated my firmware there wasn't a option to hide the code for ***** ** while track use.. i had to keep clearing it but i mean is still a sketchy light to see while your in a track........

so i sold my jb4 on my f30.

is it the same on e series ?

i want to update it but then i don't want to be driving at the track with a service engine soon light on..

Last edited by cesarortiz23; 04-10-2018 at 04:18 PM..
(#2510)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 04-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz23
is it the same on e series ?
I believe so.
(#2511)
Old

Car: e90 335i sedan
Default 04-10-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm
I believe so.
hmmm ok yeah i found a thread about this...

this is crazy..

umm i guess ill just stay on my firmware now and see how long it lasts

i can do that right
(#2512)
Old

Car: 2013 335i Xdrive Coupe
Default 04-10-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarortiz23
i can do that right
If it runs, it will probably keep running.
(#2513)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2018, 06:48 PM

Finally found that annoying bug that would cause a fuel pressure code IF saving settings in the WMI page with the engine running. Will post an update soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#2514)
Old

Car: E90 335i xDrive N55
Default 04-28-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Finally found that annoying bug that would cause a fuel pressure code IF saving settings in the WMI page with the engine running. Will post an update soon.
Bring back the Open WasteGate map in ur next update ahaa

Paul C.
(#2515)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-11-2018, 09:14 AM

Hey, i would like to know which is the latest firmware for n55 E82 (E series)
(#2516)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-11-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo56
Hey, i would like to know which is the latest firmware for n55 E82 (E series)
On the first page/post of this thread.

N55_ISO_5_16.hex

Burger Motorsports

(#2517)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-11-2018, 01:45 PM

Thanks to Payam @ BMS i nstall the latest frimware, N55_ISO_5_16.hex, but in the jb4 app for computer said that in the reading of DME codes had this code 2775 Airmass too low-Possible boost leak, how do I find the boost leak?
thanks.
i have a 135i E82 n55
(#2518)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-11-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo56
Thanks to Payam @ BMS i nstall the latest frimware, N55_ISO_5_16.hex, but in the jb4 app for computer said that in the reading of DME codes had this code 2775 Airmass too low-Possible boost leak, how do I find the boost leak?
thanks.
i have a 135i E82 n55
Clear the code and get a log for us. 3rd gear from 2krpm till redline and post in the support section. I'll be able to see if you actually have a leak or not or guide you what to look for.

Burger Motorsports

(#2519)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM

Can I Post My Logs Here ?
(#2520)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 05-21-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Can I Post My Logs Here ?
If you're after some feedback, put them in the support section with a list of mods and fuel used, e.g 91:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#2521)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 05-21-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
If you're after some feedback, put them in the support section with a list of mods and fuel used, e.g 91:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Thanks
(#2522)
Old

Car: E92 335i XDrive MSport Coupe
Default 06-13-2018, 09:11 PM

Driving today out of nowhere i get christmas light on the dash my radio navigation screen goes black my wipers turn on signal stays on...steering wheel is still responsive as well as brakes as normal and at the end of it all i get a coolant temperature symbol on my dash i pulled over shut the car off turned it back on and everything appeared to be normal but the jb4 pulled all these codes can someone help...i checked my coolant level it was fine my waterpump was running i tested it with the bleed procedure and even my charging system light went on but when i restarted the car it went away and hasnt come back on battery voltage has been going between 13.8 and 14.3 volts so all appears normal i just dont know what to make of all these codes the jb4 app gave me.

32d5
32d7
32d6
32d3
378f
00f1

All have no description next to them pleae help

E92 LCI, N55, JB4, MHD W/BEF, CAI

Last edited by Jus2sikwitit; 06-13-2018 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Missing information
(#2523)
Old

Car: E92 335i XDrive MSport Coupe
Default 06-13-2018, 09:12 PM

E92 LCI, N55, JB4, MHD W/BEF, CAI
(#2524)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus2sikwitit
Driving today out of nowhere i get christmas light on the dash my radio navigation screen goes black my wipers turn on
If you need help you'd need to make a post in the support area with the specific details. For starts look up the code descriptions as well. There is an N55 code listing posted in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#2525)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 135i
Default 06-26-2018, 12:03 PM

Hello,

I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I did some searching for about an hour or so and thought this would be a good spot to look for help regarding JB4.

I recently installed a JB4 Harness Type B on my 2013 135i (N55) along with Rev 3 Connect Kit. Everything works great except I'm getting the 2C58 and 2CA3 codes at start up and they wont clear. Everything that I have read so far points to the boost solenoid connection for these codes. I can disconnect the boost solenoid on the JB4 harness and plug in the factory connector, and the car will run fine with no codes, just without the higher boost levels of JB4. I thought it might be the green and brown wire going to the CAN bundle, but it did not resolve the issue. I double checked and reconnected all other connectors 3 or 4 times just to make sure. From what I can tell, it's an older harness/board with the purple connectors that are no longer used. Firmware is the latest update as of 6/25/18 from the JB4 mobile app and I checked that the diode has been cut form the board.

Any help with figuring out how to get rid of the two codes while having the JB4 boost solenoid connected would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced for any input.