N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW E92
Default 03-12-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoandry
Thats my option so far but Im trying to get more information as I can before pulling the trigger.
Like, whats the best way to disable PI if I pump just 93.
If you’re using JB4 with PI controller is so easy. Just set all Fuel Bias to 0.

Or you can install an actual switch of the ground wire of the PI controller and route it inside the car.

2011 E92 N55 AT | FBO | JB4 + MHD | Pure Stg 2 | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | Fuel-It Stg 3 LPFP + PI Platinum Kit + BMS PI Controller | COBB Exhaust | E85 |
Coming Soon: ABR N55 Built Motor | Big Boost 3.4 Turbo Kit | 6HP19 Built Trans
(#402)
Old

Car: 13 f30 335i
Default 03-12-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis485
If you’re using JB4 with PI controller is so easy. Just set all Fuel Bias to 0.

Or you can install an actual switch of the ground wire of the PI controller and route it inside the car.
Yeah I have jb4 + BT and will get the bms controller for PI

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#403)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Agreed, just set all your fuel biases to zero, that is the easiest way to turn off PI now. There has been a lot of progression on the control side with the JB4 since it's inception.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#404)
Old

Default 03-13-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Agreed, just set all your fuel biases to zero, that is the easiest way to turn off PI now. There has been a lot of progression on the control side with the JB4 since it's inception.
Hi Steve,
Duty bias on ISO 10 for PWG is auto adjusting. How then?

F30 PWG PS2 + WMI + MHD Bef/JB4 + VRSF FBO + N20TMAP. MPPK, MPE, MP-Susp, MP-Brakes, 437M, MP-Lip, MP-Diffuser, MP-Spoiler, MP-Rocker Panel, MP-Sills, MP-Pedals, MP-Grille, MP-Mats, IND Reflector.
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2018, 03:04 PM

Duty Bias has nothing to do with Fuel Bias.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#406)
Old

Default 03-13-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Duty Bias has nothing to do with Fuel Bias.
Oh ok my bad lol.

Last edited by Yoandry; 03-14-2018 at 06:39 AM..
(#407)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 03-20-2018, 08:24 AM

Anyone know what gauge wire the 12v and RMP signal wiring is?

Need to buy some of those bullet wire taps.

E90 LCI M Sport
(#408)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 03-22-2018, 07:29 AM

Hay Steve, any development on the PI LPFP sensor?

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-22-2018, 10:02 AM

We've had those for quite a while.

You can email us at info@fuel-it.com

(#410)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 03-22-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
We've had those for quite a while.

You can email us at info@fuel-it.com
Thanks

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")

DD Map 7 at 20psi. Map 6 at 25psi for 'kill mode'
(#411)
Old

Car: f30 ps2 335i
Default 05-07-2018, 05:08 PM

After running 93 and map 2 all winter, I upgraded the chipset in my jb4 for better PI control, updated jb4 firmware, and updated jb4 mobile. Now, running map 6 and 10 gallons of e85/ 4 gallons of 93 (same as I used to), I don't think my PI is functioning anymore. As soon as the car makes 14 or so pounds of boost, fp_h dips into the 3 or 4 range and I get a limp mode condition. I'm not sure if my jb4 settings are correct since the updates, but I'll attach screenshots, as well as a log of the condition occurring!
Car: 2013 f30 335i
Mods: bootmod3 stage 2 H flash, jb4, fuel-it platinum kit with jb4 controlling AIC6, pure stage 2 turbo, down *****, intake, intercooler, etc.

Thanks,
Chris

*edit* Third log is of the car last summer, when it ran properly
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-07-14 12_48_02 (2013f30)Map_6.csv (11.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 05-10-2018 at 09:59 PM..
(#412)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 05-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Following...i was having the same trouble no one would respond on here with a serious answer so i ripped the whole jb4 unit out of the car.. i had the EWG wires installed also try to get answers and instead of simply saying pin ?? slot ?? and helping me with having both on the car i get treated like a asshat and blown off.. good luck to you Sir.

'14 435I RWD MHD/JB4 "JB4_F_EWG_E85_PI_1" BEF/Rev9 Intercooler/VRSF CP/K&N Drop in Air Filter/Haze Performance Down pipe/Borla ATAK Exhaust/Stage 2 LPFP/BMP Port Injection/BMS PI controller/EWG Harness Upgrade/Straight e85/NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#413)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phataxe
Following...i was having the same trouble no one would respond on here with a serious answer so i ripped the whole jb4 unit out of the car.. i had the EWG wires installed also try to get answers and instead of simply saying pin ?? slot ?? and helping me with having both on the car i get treated like a asshat and blown off.. good luck to you Sir.
What was your trouble? Do you have a thread in the support section you can link me to so I can try and aid?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#414)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 07:48 PM

i have the BMS PI controller and i also have the EWG harness upgrade. if i try to use them both i get a ton of error codes and the care stays in limp mode. if i unplug the EWG wires it acts normal... if i plug the ewg wires back into the wastegate and disable the PI controller the EWG wires work fine.. i followed the directions to what i thought was perfect. but both with not work for me hand in hand i have sent pics in showing my wire connections and was told looks correct to me.. then i got will just leave the EWG wires unplugged... um why would i have bought them then? just frustrated get the shaft on tech support. like i say either or work fine but try to run them at the same time is no good.. a simple pin layout would be all i need... to see if i'm wrong or they are . i used the install pdf on fuel-it's site to wired in the PI

'14 435I RWD MHD/JB4 "JB4_F_EWG_E85_PI_1" BEF/Rev9 Intercooler/VRSF CP/K&N Drop in Air Filter/Haze Performance Down pipe/Borla ATAK Exhaust/Stage 2 LPFP/BMP Port Injection/BMS PI controller/EWG Harness Upgrade/Straight e85/NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"

Last edited by Phataxe; 05-10-2018 at 08:03 PM..
(#415)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 08:01 PM

This is how i have it connected into the jb4.. car is a '14 435i
Attached Images

(#416)
Old

Default 05-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What was your trouble? Do you have a thread in the support section you can link me to so I can try and aid?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52533

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52608

Last edited by Phataxe; 05-10-2018 at 08:15 PM..
(#417)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Lets take this to email so we won't clutter up the threads.

Payam@burgertuning.com

Can you try and take some pic of your harness and pin locations.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#418)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by listed5
After running 93 and map 2 all winter, I upgraded the chipset in my jb4 for better PI control, updated jb4 firmware, and updated jb4 mobile. Now, running map 6 and 10 gallons of e85/ 4 gallons of 93 (same as I used to), I don't think my PI is functioning anymore. As soon as the car makes 14 or so pounds of boost, fp_h dips into the 3 or 4 range and I get a limp mode condition. I'm not sure if my jb4 settings are correct since the updates, but I'll attach screenshots, as well as a log of the condition occurring!
Car: 2013 f30 335i
Mods: bootmod3 stage 2 H flash, jb4, fuel-it platinum kit with jb4 controlling AIC6, pure stage 2 turbo, down *****, intake, intercooler, etc.

Thanks,
Chris

*edit* Third log is of the car last summer, when it ran properly
Sorry, we missed this. Those logs are too short to see anything.

Please take a log starting at 2K rpms in 3rd gear and send that over to us at info@fuel-it.com or post it here.

P.S. I'm going to delete the pictures of your settings as they aren't needed and really big.

(#419)
Old

Car: e91 335ix
Default Dpmi experience - 05-12-2018, 11:00 AM

Hey guys

Are there any experience with this solution?
I am looking to upgrade on wmi with the bms wmi kit and the
Dpmi from fuel it. with a small nozzle in the charge pipe and the
Rest over the dpmi to get my car to the limit. Ethanol is not possibel
For me. Wich w/m mixture is prefered?

Thanks for infos!

BMW 2010 n55 e91 335ix, 6 AT xHP st.3, JB4 bef with connect kit rev.3 and FF wires, Pure st.2, pure hi flow inlet pipe, fuel it st.2 lpfp, bms wmi kit with 1 cn 5 nozzle in charge pipe, fuel it dpmi with 550cc injectors, aFe Magnum Force Pro 5r st.2 intake, Air Scoops, phx charge pipe, bms occ, wagner evo 1 comp fmic, c- less pipe, 98/100 oktane (vpower), 3.5 tmap.
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-14-2018, 07:21 AM

That's no problem.

You can simply install a Tee in your meth line. One line will then go to your solenoid and nozzle in the charge pipe and the other line will go to our DPMI kit.

(#421)
Old

Default 05-14-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
That's no problem.

You can simply install a Tee in your meth line. One line will then go to your solenoid and nozzle in the charge pipe and the other line will go to our DPMI kit.
Hey Steve,

Thank for this answere.
But thats not my problem.
Did you made a couple of tests? About the injector size?
Wich size wil be good for my car?
Witch mixture do you recommend?
Its enough to controll it with the Jb4 or better to combine
With the port injection controller?

I am sorry for my question. But i just want the best solution and thats my first
Wmi installation.
Delivery from usa are expensive. And when i miss something i wil go crazy!

Thank you for your help!

BMW 2010 n55 e91 335ix, 6 AT xHP st.3, JB4 bef with connect kit rev.3 and FF wires, Pure st.2, pure hi flow inlet pipe, fuel it st.2 lpfp, bms wmi kit with 1 cn 5 nozzle in charge pipe, fuel it dpmi with 550cc injectors, aFe Magnum Force Pro 5r st.2 intake, Air Scoops, phx charge pipe, bms occ, wagner evo 1 comp fmic, c- less pipe, 98/100 oktane (vpower), 3.5 tmap.
(#422)
Old

Default 05-14-2018, 09:34 AM

Ups, i forgot to change my signature

Now i have a pure st.2 with the hi flow inlet and a fuelt it st.2 lpfp.

(#423)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 05-14-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissi
Hey Steve,

Thank for this answere.
But thats not my problem.
Did you made a couple of tests? About the injector size?
Wich size wil be good for my car?
Witch mixture do you recommend?
Its enough to controll it with the Jb4 or better to combine
With the port injection controller?

I am sorry for my question. But i just want the best solution and thats my first
Wmi installation.
Delivery from usa are expensive. And when i miss something i wil go crazy!

Thank you for your help!
FWIW I have an F87 running Pure Stage 2 turbos and the Fuel-It 550cc DPMI kit. I'm running a CM10 nozzle in the charge pipe with an 80/20 mixture of methanol to water. The CM10 nozzle is overkill and I will be down scaling it to a CM5.

If you plan on running port injection, you will 100% need the port injection controller. It will not work without it unless you're just running separate individual nozzles for each intake runner instead of injectors.
(#424)
Old

Default 05-14-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav
FWIW I have an F87 running Pure Stage 2 turbos and the Fuel-It 550cc DPMI kit. I'm running a CM10 nozzle in the charge pipe with an 80/20 mixture of methanol to water. The CM10 nozzle is overkill and I will be down scaling it to a CM5.

If you plan on running port injection, you will 100% need the port injection controller. It will not work without it unless you're just running separate individual nozzles for each intake runner instead of injectors.

Hey Endeav,

Thank you for the infos. Thats very helpfull.

(#425)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-14-2018, 06:29 PM

I cannot for the life of me find the JB4 settings for the Port injection on N55.

I set all Fuel Bias to 50. Where in the logs do I see if its running? Meth or Fuel Enrich?

Is there anything else in the JB4 interface besides setting the fuel bias to 50?