N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default Persistent code 2fbc, what could it be? - 02-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Okay, so I was getting an occasional limp mode and code 2fbc. Searching doesn't really turn up too much for it but the few times it was mentioned it had to do with the fuel pumps. I replaced the lpfp first with an upgraded one, didn't fix it, so I just replaced the hpfp with the newest revision one. Code is still here!?! It won't go away, at all, even for a split second. When I clear the code it immediately comes back, even with the engine not running (ignition on, engine off). Makes me think it's something electrical, but I looked over the wiring and everything looked okay. Anyone else had this code? How did you fix it?

To recap:
Limp mode
Code 2fbc
LPFP brand new
HPFP brand new
Code reappears even without starting the engine

Thanks for any help, I'm lost here...
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 335xi
Default 02-19-2018, 06:43 PM

Do you have 4 bar tmap sensor?

I ask because I used to always get a 2XXX code (can't remember) and it was because I have a 4bar.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-19-2018, 07:13 PM

Should just be stock. I replaced it a few months ago, purchased from the local dealership.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2009 335xi
Default 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal37F
Should just be stock. I replaced it a few months ago, purchased from the local dealership.
Ok probably stock then.

Tried unplugging the battery for a bit?
(#5)
Old

Default 02-19-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pysical
Ok probably stock then.

Tried unplugging the battery for a bit?
I've had it unplugged here and there and it didn't help. I actually have it unplugged right now though, so we'll see in the morning if it does anything. I have a pressure sensor (the one on the rail) arriving tomorrow too. Also, I just ordered an EKPM3 (scored one for 20 bucks on the bay :D ), so we'll see if that changes anything.

Really wanna get this thing going. I now have a brand new e70 capable fuel system and can't even use it, plus I cleaned my intake ports while I was doing the hpfp. At 130k they were pretty bad.. Meth injection is sitting in the trunk too. This thing is gonna be a monster if I can ever figure out this stupid code..
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-20-2018, 10:04 AM

Would need to see a log to offer assistance. That'll will confirm if there are any fueling issues.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#7)
Old

Default 02-20-2018, 05:30 PM

Okay I'll try to get one. Battery unplugged and new fuel sensor on the rail didn't fix the problem
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2018, 06:21 PM

Fuel sensor rarely does. Can't actually recall a case where somebody has found one of those to be bad. LPFP sensor...that's a different story though.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 02-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Well, if I can ever get the thing started again, I'll let you guys know how the other things work out. It struggled to start this morning, as if the battery was nearly dead. Ran fine after starting. Next time went to start it, no crank. Figured the battery was dead. Tried jumping it, no dice. Took the battery off and charged it on the charger, still no start. Checked voltages and everything seems good. Voltage at the starter and starter plug gets voltage when car tries to start. Guess it's one of two things now, either the starter went out or the engine seized for some random reason. Honestly I would usually find the second option to be unrealistic, but with how things have been going with this car lately, I think that's probably the more likely scenario at this point. New starter should be here in a few days, so we'll see....
(#10)
Old

Default 02-24-2018, 07:27 PM

Well, an update. So replaced the starter and car started right up, and with no code now ??? Not sure what I did to make it go away, but it's gone now. Now I'm getting some lambada code here and there and a pretty constant exhaust vanos code. Ordered 2 new vanos solenoids, so hopefully that fixes it and it's not the cam ledge seeing as how i JUST did the valve cover gasket...
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Good luck on the vanos solenoids.

(#12)
Old

Default 03-02-2018, 09:38 AM

New solenoids are in and everything is gtg

No limp mode for two days straight, I think it's a new record. Once I get some free time I'm gonna finish getting the meth hooked up and get some e85 in the tank and it's to the dyno we go.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2018, 04:58 PM

Nice!