N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default Request for help deleted??? - 04-14-2018, 11:44 PM

I posted asking for help with a BMS PI controller in the help section why was it deleted...?? i bought a PI Rail else where but bought the PI controller from BugerTunning website..

ORDER BMS74691....

Jb4 is throwing Codes everthing is hooked up on the "CONTROLLER" as per directions...
120408 Reduced Power Mode
121201 TMAP Signal Active with engine off
121002 MAP sensor, Short to Ground
121531 boost pressure sensor Plausibility ; Preasure upstream from throttle to low

When I remove Power and Ground from PI everything returns to Normal.. EWG harness upgrade is working perfectly.

-=-EWG Wires-=-
purple wire position #9 on the DB25 connector.
blue wire position #16 on the DB25 connector.

-=-PI wires - Fuel IT-=-
Black - connect to Ground
Red - 12v
Purple - Pin 3 OBDII connector Below green wire
Yellow - Pin 1 DB25
White - Pin 14 DB25

'14 435I RWD MHD/JB4 "JB4_F_EWG_E85_PI_1" BEF/Rev9 Intercooler/VRSF CP/K&N Drop in Air Filter/Haze Performance Down pipe/Borla ATAK Exhaust/Stage 2 LPFP/BMP Port Injection/BMS PI controller/EWG Harness Upgrade/Straight e85/NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-16-2018, 10:25 AM

Because you are spamming the board with multiple threads asking for the same advice.

This question was already answered for you, sounds like you need to verify your install.

When you start mixing parts from different vendors, then you run in to issues and support is difficult to give because there are unknown variables, that is one of the risks you assume when doing so.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 04-16-2018, 02:52 PM

Mixing parts has nothing to do with the electrical issues i am having... The controller itself is form Burger Tuning when that controller is hooked up the car throws codes.. The DME throws codes even with the injector rail unplugged. ..Even before starting... It throws codes with no power connected just its ground connected.. i know this because i was trouble shooting and removed the fuse for the controller still had the same codes... so i removed the ground wire also and boom no more codes from the DME. The Fuel rail itself has nothing to do with this controller giving me problems. That is nothing more then a aluminum rail using the same Bosch injector ever other rail uses..

'14 435I RWD MHD/JB4 "JB4_F_EWG_E85_PI_1" BEF/Rev9 Intercooler/VRSF CP/K&N Drop in Air Filter/Haze Performance Down pipe/Borla ATAK Exhaust/Stage 2 LPFP/BMP Port Injection/BMS PI controller/EWG Harness Upgrade/Straight e85/NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#4)
Old

Default 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Hey Steve. Figured i'd give you a little heads up.... So i was tring to use the Burger Tuning EWG harness upgrade and the Burger tuning Port Injection Controller. Note: Both from Burger Tuning.... So This afternoon i removed the EWG harness from the car and to my Suprise Suddenly the PI controller started to work correctly.. im guessing due to the fact the Harness upgrade uses BD25 Pin 16.. So if you would be so kind as to let me know what pin this should be moved to so i can use both of my Burger Tuning products... Thnx and have a great day..

(#5)
Old

Default 04-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Anyone else using PI and the EWG harness upgrade have any insight here? On a f-series

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-17-2018, 04:24 PM

Lots of people running EWG and PI controller, sounds like it's another issue with install or ???

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#7)
Old

Default 04-17-2018, 06:48 PM

I sent you and Terry both pics of all wiring.. Terry said it looked good from the pics