N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 335is coupe
Default Number one maintenance item for any n54 powered car - 04-16-2018, 02:22 AM

Guys, i didnt think it would be this serious, i was on youtube watching some videos and i came across some guys replacing their vaccuum lines with newer ones and i deciced to give it a shot. I ordered 20 feet of platinum cured 3.5mm silicone hose from verocious motorsports, and i replaced each and every vaccuum line on my car.. even the ones going over the valve cover that turn into plastic.. i replaced everything. Its such a big difference guys, im at 95k miles and it was about time to do them, but wow! Took about two hours and it was worth every minute and every penny. Possibly the best thing ive done to my car since i got it!
Theres some tutorials on youtube, bmw fanatic and clean whp have some videos, and clean whp actually used the same lines that i ordered. Im just amazed by the difference, its so much more responsive.. i just thought id like to share with you guys and i hope you guys would try it out as well!

Best Regards,
Andrew

2011 BMW 335is coupe DCT
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 04-24-2018, 09:42 AM

So, did you find any leaks in the hoses, or ones that were not connected?

2009 535i Sport
Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

(#3)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-24-2018, 12:56 PM

Did you do the ones that run from the solenoids to the wastegates? Sounded like they were nearly impossible to get to.
(#4)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Did you do the ones that run from the solenoids to the wastegates? Sounded like they were nearly impossible to get to.
those are actually not that bad, you can pretty easily get them on/off by hand-feel when you can't see it.

2009 535i Sport
Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD