N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1276)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 10-13-2017, 06:24 AM

Just updated to the latest JB4 firmware. Does the Max Boost (1st, 2nd, 3rd) feature work for all Maps or will it only work under the "user adjustable" maps (i.e. - Maps 3 & 6)?

2017 Q50 RS400 (AWD) - BMS JB4
(#1277)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 10-13-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50RS4
Just updated to the latest JB4 firmware. Does the Max Boost (1st, 2nd, 3rd) feature work for all Maps or will it only work under the "user adjustable" maps (i.e. - Maps 3 & 6)?
All maps sir, unless for some reason Terry has not yet implemented the function. Don't have a car here to test right now.
(#1278)
Old

Default 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarPerformance
All maps sir, unless for some reason Terry has not yet implemented the function. Don't have a car here to test right now.
Thanks Cedar.

I read the JB4 Firmware Notes in the 2nd post and it says you can now read DTC's and also log adjusted road speed (per the BETA interface?) but it says to switch over to E Series N54. I've been running F Series-ALL. Should I be running E Series N54 now or is that strictly for checking DTC's?

2017 Q50 RS400 (AWD) - BMS JB4
(#1279)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2017, 07:34 AM

Engine type only applies to reading fault codes. E series N54 for now, until we add Q50/Q60 to the interface.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1280)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50RS4
All maps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1281)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60
Default 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Hey terry where would I be able to buy this upgraded plastic casing from?

(#1282)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 10-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q60_harry
Hey terry where would I be able to buy this upgraded plastic casing from?

Down at the bottom. http://www.burgertuning.com/N55_JB4_upgrades.html

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#1283)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60
Thumbs up 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Thank you good sir!
(#1284)
Old

Car: All of 'em
Default 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q60_harry
Thank you good sir!
It feels so nice in your hands :D It's such a nicely made casing. You'll love it :P
(#1285)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2017, 10:48 AM

We've got an aluminum one too which is really nice.

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_bill...enclosure.html

Burger Motorsports

(#1286)
Old

Car: Q50 rs
Default 10-13-2017, 02:50 PM

Yup I went to the link on post 2 that they led me to above and downloaded it to my iPhone. Believe it or not it saved in the correct location so that when I clicked that green arrow for the drop down box the file was right there to select. Can someone tell me what the deal is with the latest interface? Is that an update to the actual app?

Btw so far I love this on my rs! Just using map 1 for now and can def tell a big difference from the jb1 at 3 psi and the 4 psi of map 1 on jb4. I have 93 octane in NJ which is what I'm using. Still not sure if 4 psi is safe to run full time but I love it. About to play with map 6. Going to try some of the settings posted earlier and see what that does.
(#1287)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 10-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Hey Terry:
For the JB4 firmware update... to set the boost by speed, are these the correct fields?
Max Boost 1st
Max Boost 2nd
Max Boost 3rd

And will these settings override the Map 6 Boost by RPM values?
(#1288)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2017, 05:58 PM

Right, when in those road speed ranges. Also note these are just boost caps so only kick in when you press the gas pedal car enough down to get boost target over the cap level.

Burger Motorsports

(#1289)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-14-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Check post #792 - as soon as I have it displaying while in motion I'll report back and post a video (shot by someone else while I am driving!)
As promised - but latter than I had planned to post it - Here is the video of the JB4 displaying on the Navi screen while we are driving down the highway.

https://vimeo.com/238189289
(#1290)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=jrobohm;563541]As promised - but latter than I had planned to post it - Here is the video of the JB4 displaying on the Navi screen while we are driving down the highway.

Nice - good job!
~
(#1291)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 AWD 3.0t Premium
Default 10-14-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
As promised - but latter than I had planned to post it - Here is the video of the JB4 displaying on the Navi screen while we are driving down the highway.

https://vimeo.com/238189289
This is super awesome. Are you using an Android module?

'17 Infiniti Q60 AWD 3.0t Premium
JB1 +7psi w/ 30% e85
-------------------------------------------------------
"Form is temporary, class is forever"
(#1292)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-14-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfc15
This is super awesome. Are you using an Android module?
Here is the final list of components - other than the JB4, JB4 Bluetooth Kit, & JB4 App running on your phone (mine is an iPhone 8.) All of this is available from Amazon or you favorite cable supply. I sourced the NAVIKS unit directly from the manufacture vs Amazon (cheaper.) Note: The NAVIKS unit install is not for the rookie - it is best left to someone who is comfortable with removing the dash trim around the Navi & lower displays. The instructions are clear but if you have a trusted installer (say a dealer who has a tech who will do the work for you at the shop ) life is good! https://vimeo.com/238189289
  • Apple Digital AV dock connector
  • HDMI cable 1M
  • iSimple ISHD001 Adapter
  • NAVIKS (Infiniti-NViM-Q50) bypass unit to allow the Infiniti Q50 factory video input (AUX) to function while in motion
Optional: For Audio from phone to car
  • 3.5mm Male to 2 RCA Left & Right Audio Female Adapter

Last edited by jrobohm; 10-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Typos
(#1293)
Old

Default 10-16-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50rs400mc
What do you think, rs awd on 94
psi_curve[0] = 30 '1500
psi_curve[1] = 30 '2000
psi_curve[2] = 40 '2500
psi_curve[3] = 40 '3000
psi_curve[4] = 40 '3500
psi_curve[5] = 40 '4000
psi_curve[6] = 40 '4500
psi_curve[7] = 40 '5000
psi_curve[8] = 30 '5500
psi_curve[9] = 30 '6000
psi_curve[10] = 20 '6500
psi_curve[11] = 10 '7000
So how does this feel? Is it rough when it gets +3psi @1500rpm?
(#1294)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 10-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Hi Terry..

Two Questions:
1. Boost and this engine.. I've seen lots of "tuned" 3.0T's that produce a huge torque increase from the low 2500rpm's and my question is if you think its safe to front load lots of boost using the JB4 in the low RPM's and taper off at the top? So far I've only steadily increased the boost to 4000rpms maxing to 6.5.. Hope this question makes sense..

I'll use this for example purposes only (300 hp SilverSport)

psi_curve[0] = 30 '1500
psi_curve[1] = 60 '2000
psi_curve[2] = 70 '2500
psi_curve[3] = 70 '3000
psi_curve[4] = 65 '3500
psi_curve[5] = 65 '4000
psi_curve[6] = 65 '4500
psi_curve[7] = 60 '5000
psi_curve[8] = 55 '5500
psi_curve[9] = 50 '6000
psi_curve[10] = 35 '6500
psi_curve[11] = 20 '7000

2. Is it in the cards to have the ability on the JB4 to create and save more than one custom "MAP 6" Maybe "User 1/2/3" kind of thing...?

Last edited by Brecker; 10-16-2017 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: added question
(#1295)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2017, 03:32 PM

The short answer is it needs to be evaluated by looking at the logs. Evaluating AFR and timing in the increased range, to ensure combustion looks happy. But generally speaking adding more boost down low and tapering the gain up top is a good tuning strategy for a turbo limited platform such as this. I'd look for even more taper than you've requested.

Burger Motorsports

(#1296)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2017, 06:51 PM

On the JB4 kit, around 50 kits out now, and so far feedback has been positive. In the next week or two we're going to probably raise the price to $100 and end the core program. So the upgrade will be a straight $100 upgrade. At the same time we'll add a new Q50/Q60 JB4 order option to the site for $479.

Burger Motorsports

(#1297)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 10-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Hi everyone. I recently purchased the Stage 1 box for my 2017 Q50 Silver Sport. I just installed it a few minutes ago and the accel difference is huge even in standard, very noticeable.

However I do have that annoying check engine light. Maybe it will go away? Or should I try to reseat the pins again? Thank you Burger for making this product for q50 owners.
(#1298)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2017, 08:42 AM

If you have a CEL you'll want to read the code and from that can narrow down the cause. Normally if its a new install it's something as simple as not letting ECU go to sleep before unplugging sensor and will clear itself after a day or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#1299)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2017, 10:40 AM

Had a chance to do some test runs on straight 91 octane this AM, JB4 map2. I have boost limited to 2psi over stock in 1st to help get off the line.

Log looked solid and 12.8@112mph is better than I expected on 91 craptane!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1300)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 10-17-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have a CEL you'll want to read the code and from that can narrow down the cause. Normally if its a new install it's something as simple as not letting ECU go to sleep before unplugging sensor and will clear itself after a day or two.
Hi Terry, I am not sure how do I let the ECU "go to sleep" as those sensors are already plugged in. Appreciate the help.