N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 SS
Default 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM

Ok I just installed this but I want to triple check... When I connect the cable I pick map 3 then connect. Change the boost from "0.0" to "4.0" hit save? To get to +4...

OK and Jesus christ the stock setting was immediately noticeable
(#277)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport
Default 07-25-2017, 07:46 PM

Hello All-

Just joined. I received the tune last week and I must say I couldn't be happier with the product and the results. I have the Q60 Red Sport RWD and the car has been a blast with this tune. Today, the weather here in Northern NJ finally cooled down all the way to the low 70's (from mid 90's) and man the car absolutely rips. I especially like the ease of installation and dollar to HP/Trq ratio of this tune.

To Terry, thanks for developing a quality and affordable product. Looking forward to any future enhancements and products for our 3.0t's. Thanks again.
(#278)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-25-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecker
Ok I just installed this but I want to triple check... When I connect the cable I pick map 3 then connect. Change the boost from "0.0" to "4.0" hit save? To get to +4...

OK and Jesus christ the stock setting was immediately noticeable
Correct, once on map3 you can adjust the boost added over stock manually. Default is 0 for map3.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#279)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Correct, once on map3 you can adjust the boost added over stock manually. Default is 0 for map3.
OK thanks... I'm just nit picking now but if this came set as +3 from factory, why doesn't it show as +3 when I first connected instead of 0? I kept trying to find the +3 setting lol.

Last edited by Brecker; 07-26-2017 at 04:09 AM..
(#280)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-26-2017, 07:44 AM

Hi Terry.

Can't wait to get mine, on back order. Anyway, is it the same process to modify to just run +2 instead of the default +3?
(#281)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
OK thanks... I'm just nit picking now but if this came set as +3 from factory, why doesn't it show as +3 when I first connected instead of 0? I kept trying to find the +3 setting lol.
Map1 the default map does not use that adjustment field.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#282)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Map1 the default map does not use that adjustment field.
Right.. sorry but now I'm worried and confused. Map3 showed "0" when i first connected. I changed it to "4.0" and saved...

Did I change it to +4 or +7 (3stock +4)?? Should the Map3 show 0 or 3 when you first connect?
(#283)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50S 3.0t
Default 07-26-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Beyond that I'm sure the RS has other advantages beyond just the factory tuning that may help it during back to back races. Still, can't deny the value of the SS.
Rear diff ratio is lower on the RS, as is improved heat extraction to manage the HP difference. It's not just the tune.

You can make a SS as fast as the RS but it will cost $$$. Speed always does.

Mike
(#284)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-26-2017, 09:16 AM

Quick update - running at +6psi boost on 1:4 ratio E85 & 93 octane fuel. Zero issues - pure joy - bit of a reduction in gas mileage (from 25mpg to about 24.5mpg) following the addition of E85 to the tank (as one would expect.) I just took the boost to +6.5psi (same fuel mix) - quick drive today showed no ill-effects (car was cool and air is around 90 degrees in Texas this morning.) More testing today to see if she likes the additional 0.5psi bump when hot and with a near 100 degree day on tap.
(#285)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Right.. sorry but now I'm worried and confused. Map3 showed "0" when i first connected. I changed it to "4.0" and saved...

Did I change it to +4 or +7 (3stock +4)?? Should the Map3 show 0 or 3 when you first connect?
Not sure how you are confusing yourself... This is pretty simple. Default for map3 is 0psi. By changing it to 4.0 you're going to run 4psi over stock when on map3.

Burger Motorsports

(#286)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default How to Mix E85 with 93 Octane - 07-26-2017, 12:01 PM

Hello,

i am running the tune at 5 PSI and i was wondering how i would go about adding E85 to my 93 octane gas. i got half a tank of 93 octane left. I wanted to know how many gallons of E85 i should add to that. The spec sheet for the Q50 shows that it has a 20 gallon tank.

Last edited by VirusbetaX; 07-26-2017 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: tank size added in
(#287)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2017, 01:16 PM

I'd shoot for around 5 gallons to a full tank. So 2.5 gallons to a half tank.

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old

Default 07-26-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I'd shoot for around 5 gallons to a full tank. So 2.5 gallons to a half tank.
Ok I had a question in regards to the fuel. Is there any long term effects that may cause major negative co sequences if I repeatedly use this fuel? I tested 1 gallon and the car ****ing flies! It's amazing.
(#289)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2017, 03:09 PM

Not familiar enough with the platform to offer meaningful long term advice on E85 mixtures, but generally speaking I would not expect any issues up to 30%. Some countries where the Q50 is sold are E25 by law, and the USA is E10 in most states, so the components are generally built to accommodate ethanol.

Burger Motorsports

(#290)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM

In my area some gas stations have 93 octane with no ethanol and others have 93 with 10% ethanol. So for the most horsepower and best performance I assume 93 with 10% ethanol is the best choice?
(#291)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-26-2017, 07:40 PM

93 with 30% ethanol would be better.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#292)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2017, 10:33 AM

Good news, our next batch was ready early. We'll start processing back orders today in the order received!

Burger Motorsports

(#293)
Old

Default 07-27-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Good news, our next batch was ready early. We'll start processing back orders today in the order received!
little bit of a hiccup....i just got a CEL on the dash restarted the engine to see if it would go away to no avail. Disconnected the module for now and plugged in the originals. Gonna see what happens. The CEL is not blinking and engine seems to be performing regularly. Scheduled a service visit for Monday to see whats going on obviously gonna return to stock for that. Should I do an ECU reset and see if that fixes the issue? Cable could have been lose on the connection. Not sure yet.
(#294)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-27-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
little bit of a hiccup....i just got a CEL on the dash restarted the engine to see if it would go away to no avail. Disconnected the module for now and plugged in the originals. Gonna see what happens. The CEL is not blinking and engine seems to be performing regularly. Scheduled a service visit for Monday to see whats going on obviously gonna return to stock for that. Should I do an ECU reset and see if that fixes the issue? Cable could have been lose on the connection. Not sure yet.
Post the MIL code if you can. Thanks.
(#295)
Old

Default 07-27-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Post the MIL code if you can. Thanks.
How do I find that?

Last edited by VirusbetaX; 07-27-2017 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Gramnar
(#296)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
For any CEL step 1 is to just read the code using an OBDII code reader. Then email that in to tech support and we can help you diagnose if its related and what to do going forward.

Burger Motorsports

(#297)
Old

Default 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
For any CEL step 1 is to just read the code using an OBDII code reader. Then email that in to tech support and we can help you diagnose if its related and what to do going forward.
What's the email? Pics of code posted below.
(#298)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
What's the email? Pics of code posted below.
http://www.burgertuning.com/contact.html

Burger Motorsports

(#299)
Old

Default 07-27-2017, 02:26 PM

Pics too big but codes are as listed.

P0106 manifold absolute pressure/barometric pressure circuit range/ performance

P0240 turbocharger/supercharger boost sensor B circuit range/ performance

P0101 MASS OR VOLUME air flow a circuit range/ performance

P010B MASS OR VOLUME air flow b circuit range/performance
(#300)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2017, 02:28 PM

Those are electrical codes for the sensors you're attaching too. Indicates a loose pin in the harness, connection issue, or some other physical problem with the unit itself.

Burger Motorsports