e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#28)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 09-17-2017, 04:08 PM

Any suggestions on a next step? I was thinking if wireing into a Hobbs switch and eliminate fsb see what results I can get

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-17-2017, 04:31 PM

You wouldn't have any safeties if you do that. I'd get to the bottom of your current issues first. It appears to be wiring or something along those lines. Might be why you had an issue with your first FSB.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#30)
Old

Default 09-17-2017, 04:49 PM

I know wiring is good priming and purge work like a charm . That was my issue with first fsb was I couldn't prime or purge. Would bef make a difference im currently on pump but gonna get some e85 and flash the dme

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Based on your logs...you still have some sort of wiring issue or ??? Meth and logs for that fact are not acting normally.

Are you actually running a 3.5bar TMAP?

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#32)
Old

Default 09-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Correct I just upgraded the map sensor I kept getting overboost as soon as I got close to 20 psi. I'll recheck my wiring again for the 20th time

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#33)
Old

Default 09-18-2017, 12:00 PM

Would it make a difference if I replace my solenoid with a check valve

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#34)
Old

Question 09-19-2017, 02:57 AM

So last night I ran thru wiring again and we have no issues I went as far as pulling out jb4 and rechecking my solder connection. The lowest my pump does is 200psi on a single DO5 with great atomization while doing 7/5. So I know hardware wise and setup I'm solid. I made a few pulls on map 3 not to long ago and I get the same results

meth kicks on and it hesitates, runs like 10psi and keep trying to build boost but meth kicks on and hestiates again about four to five times i third gear close to redline .

A few miles down the road for some reason I decide to run map 5 . Have not done it in a while and highway was pretty empty to make some fourth gear pulls. The thing I found odd was my meth kicked on in map 5 and well I liked it , my car liked it, the clutch not so much. But I have no fud or fue setting changed everything is basically meth default. So why is the meth running in map 5 am I missing something here? Can this be a software issue ?

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM

What solder connections?

According to your lost logs, you don't have it set up to run meth on map 5. Trigger is set to 0 and meth only works on maps 3, 6, and 7 with that setting.

(#36)
Old

Default 09-19-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
What solder connections?

According to your lost logs, you don't have it set up to run meth on map 5. Trigger is set to 0 and meth only works on maps 3, 6, and 7 with that setting.
Terry had me solder jumpers for two resistors on jb4 before pin 2 and 15 on d sub during original fsb trouble shooting.
And u r correct I did not change any settings so yes meth should only flow on 3 ,6 and 7 . I have the same issue all three. Why is my meth flowing on map 5 without changing any settings is a good question. But it flows good and car hauls even though it should not work like that. ??? I'm kinda stuck now not sure what to do next . I not sure if any safeties are working on map 5 so I didn't not want to push my luck

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2017, 09:29 PM

I don't see a map 5 log so I couldn't say. But if the trigger is still set to 0, it shouldn't be running and that may be another clue that something isn't right.

(#38)
Old

Default Yesterday, 02:51 AM

Did not have my laptop yesterday. included are two map 5 logs third and fourth gear. After logging today in the morning i discovered that meth is flowwing in every map.
Map 3 6 and 7 have the hestitation problem and boost barely gets to 10 psi.
Map 1, 2 , 4, 5 flow meth and the car pulls good and strong.
And my settings are still not changed
Attached Files
File Type: csv xxxxxxx.csv (13.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv zzzzzzzz.csv (15.8 KB, 2 views)

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 08:25 AM

Bank 1 AFR's are very unstable...

Meth should not be flowing on the other maps...disconnect power to your FSB and verify.

There is another issue here and for whatever reason it doesn't appear you are able to find it.

(#40)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:35 AM

ok i will disconnect it when i get home .

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#41)
Old

Default Yesterday, 12:26 PM

i set meth trigger to 3. No meth flow on all maps. Here is a short log of that and yes my meth turned on and was flowing 100% even though technically it should not be flowing at all. Just got home so i will disconnect power wire to fsb in a while and go from there
Attached Files
File Type: csv trigger3.csv (6.6 KB, 3 views)

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#42)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:37 PM

So I disconnected B+ from fsb . Reconnected battert turned car on. Right away something was wrong. I was mifiring at idle got three misfire codes
Cylinder 3 , 5 and multiple cyliner misfire and a Plausible fuel pressure code. No power what so ever could barely back out of my drive way. Reconnected B+ to fsb and everything went back to normal. I pulled my fuse for the pump and took a ride to the gas station. Oil gauge still shows meth flow during wot while pump is not powered up. I post a log I managed to get at idle with power disconnected from fsb . Odd thing is it is showing meth flow at idle

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF
(#43)
Old

Default Yesterday, 05:42 PM

here is the idle log
Attached Files
File Type: csv idle fsb B+ disconnected.csv (9.7 KB, 5 views)

e92 MT 08
FBO
450 lpfp
BEF