N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
M335's Avatar
M335 M335 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 133
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 E90 335i
Unhappy 10-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottam
Methanol is exactly the next mod I’ll be doing. That’s what I meant when I said mod to cool the charge. You’re correct that it also cleans the valves! I think this paired with a trans tune and backend flash will get me close to breaking into 10s.

That’s awesome you’re getting the MI...let me know how it goes. I’m eying the tank and kit from BMS. Had that in my cart for a few weeks lol...but there is no way I’m getting that without having to get my wife a LV too
lol that's so funny on BMS cart cuz I did have also that WMI & BCM stuff for over a month
Just found something interesting for us guys who wants CAI at this point & not paying 3x more for the same intake as n63intake.kom
To bad we still don't have a real true CAI with upgraded turbo inlet's because that's the most restrictive part on oem plastic inlets
on LV
Attached Images
 


F10 N63tu Frozen Grey with full OEM M5 conversion on prototype JB4 | Eibach springs| custom exh**st |
E90 N55 VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |

Last edited by M335; 10-12-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#27)
Old
Drottam Drottam is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: F10 550i N63tu xdrive
Default Track times -update - 11-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Today we got to the track on a cold day like I wanted. The temp was about 37f. Great for making power and just fine for an XDrive vehicle . The car was running great and I started with the tune at about 26psi.

Lapeer Dragway
Outside temp: 37F
Fuel: 50/50 e85/93 oct

Best run: 11.057 @ 123.19mph
Fastest run: 11.116 @ 125.87 mph

It was tough to get a perfect launch. With these cars it goes best if it spins off the line to keep the RPMs up. So when I got it just right I would run 11.05 and 11.07. Iím so close to 10ís that itís no doubt I will hit it if I add methanol injection. The best part is that itís basically stock. Stock air intake, *********, intercoolers, turbos...these make so much power with just a piggy back. Lot of car for the $.

I will get the methanol and run again in the spring. I already have the ***** for pre-intercooler injection. Now I just need to click ďbuyĒ on that BMS cart!

Oh, I got some fancy heels for the wife so I should be good to get MI!
Attached Images
  
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-11-11 13_14_58 (2014_550ixJB4_BCM_map6_26).csv (7.8 KB, 13 views)


F10 N63tu 550i Xdrive Msport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Beta JB4 w/BCM, Frequency intelligence catback, 20" Matte Bronze Ferrada F-8 wheels, H&R springs - WR 11.057@123.19 quarter mile
Reply With Quote
(#28)
Old
535_BiTurbo 535_BiTurbo is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 274
Join Date: Jun 2013
Car: 2010 535
Default 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottam
Today I was able to get to the 1/4 mile race track. Thanks to a buddy I was able to get to a track rental day with a small group of high end cars. It was a ďno-etĒ day but we still got time slips to see our runs. This allows us to run as fast as we can and not worry about getting kicked off the track.

Anyway, here is a list of runs and some info:

73 degree day, 93oct/e85 gas mix

Run 1 - 11.83 @ 118.48, using launch control
Run 2 - 11.66 @ 117.31, dsc fully off
Run 3-6 11.74-11.80 tuning and optimizing launch, dsc fully off
Run 7 - 11.67 @ 118.62, dsc off some wheel spin

The track closed after this run but I think if i shifted earlier to reduce iat may have helped pick up a tenth or so.

Overall I think if I run this car on cool night with a bit lower tire pressure I can beat that 11.55 Iíve seen posted. The heat soak was diggin in and I ran out of time to let it cool.

I think we will try to get out once more when itís cooler and go again. Then I may add more mods to cool off the charge. I really want to touch tens

HOLY TRAP difference from 73* (118mph) and 37* (125mph)


2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
Reply With Quote
(#29)
Old
M335's Avatar
M335 M335 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 133
Join Date: Jun 2015
Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 11-17-2017, 01:03 PM

Wow congrats bro, I think we got a new WR for stock n63tu
Yeah I think with meth injection you get in 10 sec club


F10 N63tu Frozen Grey with full OEM M5 conversion on prototype JB4 | Eibach springs| custom exh**st |
E90 N55 VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |
Reply With Quote
(#30)
Old
Drottam Drottam is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: F10 550i N63tu xdrive
Default 11-21-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo
HOLY TRAP difference from 73* (118mph) and 37* (125mph)
Yeah Crazy isnít it. Just goes to prove that with a cooler charge the car will really make power. When I ran that day at 73f my iat was starting at 112-115f and rising to 170f and beyond. This was killing power...

On the cold day my iat started around 68-70f and rising to about 150f peak. This allowed more timing and stronger boost. The result was power, better build up of boost, and quick and fast times. Really confirmed that I need to cool the charge. And 150f is still too hot.

Running during a cold day is analogous to using methanol injection to cool the charge. Except meth may cool even more! But overall this type of boost is really at the limit of the turbos. Adding just a few psi more makes the air temp jump quickly. So itís getting much too far out of the efficiency range.


F10 N63tu 550i Xdrive Msport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Beta JB4 w/BCM, Frequency intelligence catback, 20" Matte Bronze Ferrada F-8 wheels, H&R springs - WR 11.057@123.19 quarter mile
Reply With Quote
(#31)
Old
Drottam Drottam is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: F10 550i N63tu xdrive
Default 11-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M335
Wow congrats bro, I think we got a new WR for stock n63tu
Yeah I think with meth injection you get in 10 sec club
Thanks man!! I was surprised when I got that 11.057 time slip. Then I ran another near that time and then the 125 trap speed! I was truly surprised. I piecing a MI kit together now. I found some inlet ***** that another guy made. He didn’t want them and I picked them up. So once I get the kit it will be fairly easy install.

I’m hoping to get the charge temp down in the 110-120f range with meth. Then I’m hoping to pick up a few tenths and break lower than 10.99s. This will happen in the cool spring time. It will be great to do this with a stock setup!

How is the pure stage 2 install going? With those and meth and JB4 and BCMs you should easily surpass me! I’m so excited to see what kind of numbers you put down!


F10 N63tu 550i Xdrive Msport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Beta JB4 w/BCM, Frequency intelligence catback, 20" Matte Bronze Ferrada F-8 wheels, H&R springs - WR 11.057@123.19 quarter mile
Reply With Quote
(#32)
Old
J. Dub J. Dub is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i
Default 12-14-2017, 12:03 AM

I've got a 650i x-drive coupe w/ n63tu. I am subbing to your thread OP. Great work so far.

I wish BMS didn't shun the jb4 for our engines.

I bet in 2 years we'll have inlets, high flow *** **'s, & a good intake (unlike the current intake that I think is prone to hydrolock on a hard rain).

Question, why were you running 26peak psi on the stock turbos? I thought the ceiling for them was 25psi?
Regardless, I love your progress. You give me hope.
Reply With Quote
(#33)
Old
Drottam Drottam is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: F10 550i N63tu xdrive
Default 12-14-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
I've got a 650i x-drive coupe w/ n63tu. I am subbing to your thread OP. Great work so far.

I wish BMS didn't shun the jb4 for our engines.

I bet in 2 years we'll have inlets, high flow *** **'s, & a good intake (unlike the current intake that I think is prone to hydrolock on a hard rain).

Question, why were you running 26peak psi on the stock turbos? I thought the ceiling for them was 25psi?
Regardless, I love your progress. You give me hope.
You can still get the JB4 for the M5 and run it with the N63tu software. I think BMS will pick back up if the community shows interest and starts to support! N63tu now has flash tuning as well so that paired with the JB4 will open up these cars even more! JB4 is a must to get the highest boost like I was running. But I have a speed limiter that needs to go so I need a flash. Plus flash will be able to cut out the CEL from map sensors being unplugged with JB4. So, perfect combo for me. Plus my base tune from flash will run strong.

I think all of those mods are available for this car already. Just depends on where you look.

I have been tuning the car myself after Terry set up the initial tune when I installed the BCM (I have prototype 550i JB4, the M5 comes with BCM). So as I have been playing with my tune and adding more e85 my car would run strongest with 26psi 50/50 mix of e85/93oct. My turbos have actually held 30psi for 2-3rd gear pulls! So I think our turbos are strong enough to hold the boost, but at that level they are just spinning too fast and making a bunch of hot air. I donít run 26psi daily unless Iím feeling peppy

I typically run 22psi using 93octane and she runs strong! But IAT are a bit high during the hot days. So we really need better ICs and meth! Iím not sure that we need turbos unless you want a 10 second daily!! (ME!!)


F10 N63tu 550i Xdrive Msport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Beta JB4 w/BCM, Frequency intelligence catback, 20" Matte Bronze Ferrada F-8 wheels, H&R springs - WR 11.057@123.19 quarter mile
Reply With Quote
(#34)
Old
J. Dub J. Dub is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i
Default 12-14-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottam
You can still get the JB4 for the M5 and run it with the N63tu software. I think BMS will pick back up if the community shows interest and starts to support! N63tu now has flash tuning as well so that paired with the JB4 will open up these cars even more! JB4 is a must to get the highest boost like I was running. But I have a speed limiter that needs to go so I need a flash. Plus flash will be able to cut out the CEL from map sensors being unplugged with JB4. So, perfect combo for me. Plus my base tune from flash will run strong.

I think all of those mods are available for this car already. Just depends on where you look.

I have been tuning the car myself after Terry set up the initial tune when I installed the BCM (I have prototype 550i JB4, the M5 comes with BCM). So as I have been playing with my tune and adding more e85 my car would run strongest with 26psi 50/50 mix of e85/93oct. My turbos have actually held 30psi for 2-3rd gear pulls! So I think our turbos are strong enough to hold the boost, but at that level they are just spinning too fast and making a bunch of hot air. I donít run 26psi daily unless Iím feeling peppy

I typically run 22psi using 93octane and she runs strong! But IAT are a bit high during the hot days. So we really need better ICs and meth! Iím not sure that we need turbos unless you want a 10 second daily!! (ME!!)
Exceptional info. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
(#35)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 22,714
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 12-14-2017, 09:44 AM

We've actually added all the N63TU JB4 models to the site. The F series will remain in permanent BETA format as it requires the MAF sensors to be unplugged to work properly at least for the foreseeable future. While the G series does not require MAF sensors to be unplugged.

http://www.burgertuning.com/n63_jb4.html


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#36)
Old
J. Dub J. Dub is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 225
Join Date: Aug 2015
Car: 335i
Default 12-14-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We've actually added all the N63TU JB4 models to the site. The F series will remain in permanent BETA format as it requires the MAF sensors to be unplugged to work properly at least for the foreseeable future. While the G series does not require MAF sensors to be unplugged.

http://www.burgertuning.com/n63_jb4.html
Thanks Terry
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com