N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default 481rw stock turbo - 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Hey guys,

Just wrapped up some dyno testing on our E92 MT. Mods include the JB4, BB flash, BMS **, BMS DCI, CPE BOV, CPE IC, and BMS OCC. Factory catback system & midcats. $100 inline fuel pump. Spec clutch w/ steel flywheel.

Fuel for today was E85 mixed with 91 octane. Around E60. Although there is probably a few more HP in there with E70-E80. Dyno room temps were in the low 90s. Fans were pretty good.

The only changes since last time around (461rw) are on the tuning end. More advance, leaner air/fuel ratios, a slightly different VANOS curve, and some boost curve changes when the meth is flowing.

The E85 only runs were on map 7. You'll notice the timing curve was consistently a bit aggressive around 6000rpm. On the two best E85 runs the dyno tach pickup skipped a beat so be sure to look at the torque curve and not just the peak numbers.

With meth I decided to crank the boost up as much as I could. I also left the more aggressive timing curve in place. Basically, I was going for a max effort setup. And the car delivered with 481rw. On the advance to my surprise I found it was still aggressive up top even with meth flowing. This curve is going to need E70 up top + meth I suspect. I'll back it down up there for now.

Anyway, very happy to have the stock turbo dynojet record back in our corner.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM

Wow!

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 08-28-2013, 12:05 PM

Terry u genius

well done

If thats what you can do on stock what do u expect from rb upgrade

RHD Top Mount ST
(#4)
Old

Car: '09 E92
Default 08-28-2013, 12:27 PM

Awesome. How much E85?

335i Coupe: E85 BB flash, JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), DCI and 60% E85 blend: 11.7 @ 120 mph.

Former Best with JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH
(#5)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 08-28-2013, 12:30 PM

Very nice! What car and what fuel pump config?
(#6)
Old

Car: E92 N54
Default 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM

wow what are the specs?

JB4 G5 - FBO + Meth - 11.9@119
(#7)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 08-28-2013, 12:55 PM

Awesome!!! Now send me the flash and JB4 settings... J/K when your ready.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 01:27 PM

Updated first post with some addl info.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM

So is that a N54 or N55?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#10)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-28-2013, 01:55 PM

Very impressive Terry!!!!

Does this mean you have some new E50, E60 and E70 for us RB guys?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 01:56 PM

We may work up some new RB turbo maps as well. But, other factors come in to play at those power levels. So I'd not be as comfortable pushing the envelope this much with on a stock motor.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We may work up some new RB turbo maps as well. But, other factors come in to play at those power levels. So I'd not be as comfortable pushing the envelope this much with on a stock motor.
Understand, Im still sick!!! Going on day 8!!! Or Id be getting you some of those Map 7 logs on E50. I thought I was going to be able to jump right on it when I got home vacation but that went down the dumps

So with this car putting down 481 is it safe to say the RB guys hitting 20lbs of boost are well over 510?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 02:01 PM

With RBs we consistently make 500-525rw depending on how far they want to push things.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
With RBs we consistently make 500-525rw depending on how far they want to push things.
Well when my meth kit gets installed, Id like to go pretty far
While still staying "descently" safe

(#15)
Old

Car: '09 E92
Default 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

That kind of power would shred the automatic transmission in fairly short order, I would assume?

335i Coupe: E85 BB flash, JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), DCI and 60% E85 blend: 11.7 @ 120 mph.

Former Best with JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax
Well when my meth kit gets installed, Id like to go pretty far
While still staying "descently" safe
So you are probably in the 520rw range then with RBs.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92
That kind of power would shred the automatic transmission in fairly short order, I would assume?
Only if YOU shred it, Meaning drive around gunning it constantly.
I think it should hold up on the road just fine, now at the track I dunno.

Rob seems to do fine

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92
On the AT for a max effort stock turbo setup at this time we suggest using the map 7 boost curve. Which is good for around 500wtq depending on the fuel/flash loaded. The trans seems to hold up to it as long as you have the trans flash loaded and don't do *too* many 2nd gear dragstrip launches.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM

What about those of us that can't flash our trans? 2/06 build.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 02:41 PM

Without the trans flash you can run the MT flash maps to get a bit more life out of it at the expense of power post shift. But sooner or later expect to rebuild. When you do, add the new trans module so you can run the trans flash and go back to the AT flash maps..

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: 99 M3
Default 08-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Would 93 octane and aftermarket mids/catback pushed it much higher?
(#22)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 08-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Terry,

So is this flash posted in the BBFlash thread?
(#23)
Old
boom

Car: BMW
Default 08-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Wow, I never would have thought stockers could push things this high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerix
Would 93 octane and aftermarket mids/catback pushed it much higher?
+1, I'm wondering how much a full exhaust would add at these power levels, if anything.

2008 335xi
11.81 @ 117.5
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrep335I
Terry,

So is this flash posted in the BBFlash thread?
Not yet. I want to do some road testing first to ensure it's stable. It's the E85 MT map.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM

Anything done to the rear end of this car? Half shafts?
Driveshaft? Seems to be reaching the limit of these parts for MT