N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 for Honda Turbo 1.5L Applications - 06-15-2018, 08:56 AM

http://www.burgertuning.com/HONDA_TURBO_JB4_BETA.html

Ando picked up a 2017 Civic as a commuter and it turns out the JB4 works nicely for adding power. Still early days for development (CANbus not active yet) but fun little platform with a lot more potential! We'll post firmware updates and additional details to this thread as we have them. The JB4 BETA units include the OBDII cable for CANbus and a JB4 control board so we hope to enable CANbus with a future free software update.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-15-2018, 09:04 AM

Very impressed by this 1.5l engine. This 10th generation civic drives pretty good for what it is.
217 wheel hp now makes it even better

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-15-2018, 09:34 AM

Also works on the 2018 Honda Accord with the same 1.5L Turbo engine!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 06-15-2018, 10:32 AM

These is the current application list.

1.5L turbo Honda Civic
• 1.5L turbo Honda Accord
• 1.5L turbo Honda CR-V
• 1.5L turbo Honda Fit

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#5)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM

Theres a 1.5L turbo Fit? I thought it was N/A?

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 06-15-2018, 08:53 PM

Nice to see you guys expanding the market and reaching other platforms! It's tough competition though with hondata and ktuner ruling this section and offering flexfuel, and other crazy features for pretty cheap.

*cough cough* offer something for the cla 45 amg

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowon
Nice to see you guys expanding the market and reaching other platforms! It's tough competition though with hondata and ktuner ruling this section and offering flexfuel, and other crazy features for pretty cheap.

*cough cough* offer something for the cla 45 amg
Yes tons of flash tuning out for them. But not everyone wants to instantly void their warranty/lease agreement by flashing the car. And the JB4 has resale value. It's a good option for someone looking for a quick install/remove type product that adds a decent amount of power and can be resold down the road when wanted.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 11:08 AM

380lbs of torque?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2018, 11:13 AM

It's a CVT (continuously variable transmission) so I don't think the torque reading is accurate. We just left it on there so you can see a relative difference vs. stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-17-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's a CVT (continuously variable transmission) so I don't think the torque reading is accurate. We just left it on there so you can see a relative difference vs. stock.
Itís also very weak. Youíre gonna hit its limits much sooner than you would with the manual or a real automatic.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#11)
Old

Default 06-17-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Itís also very weak. Youíre gonna hit its limits much sooner than you would with the manual or a real automatic.
Iíve heard that a lot. CVT is a lot weaker but advantages in other areas. So itís true? Mike didnít know you were in here. Been following you for so long from my duramax days lol

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#12)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 06-17-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Duramax
Iíve heard that a lot. CVT is a lot weaker but advantages in other areas. So itís true? Mike didnít know you were in here. Been following you for so long from my duramax days lol
Its true.
I don't think I'm the Mike you've been following. I never had a Duramax. Are you thinking of Mike Litsch from DiabloSport?

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#13)
Old

Car: Audi A4
Default 06-19-2018, 07:26 PM

After using a JB4 for Audi EA888 Gen 3 with great results for several months in my car, this has been a very welcome addition to my wife's Honda.

I've been running the JB4 for the Honda 1.5L Turbo in my wife's Civic Touring CVT for a week now and am really impressed with the results. The CVT has always been and still will be the weak point of this car, but with the JB4 the acceleration is noticeably quicker and I find the drive much more enjoyable now.

Looking forward to the full CANbus support!
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2018, 08:40 PM

Glad to hear!! We're working on it!

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-20-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven0five
After using a JB4 for Audi EA888 Gen 3 with great results for several months in my car, this has been a very welcome addition to my wife's Honda.

I've been running the JB4 for the Honda 1.5L Turbo in my wife's Civic Touring CVT for a week now and am really impressed with the results. The CVT has always been and still will be the weak point of this car, but with the JB4 the acceleration is noticeably quicker and I find the drive much more enjoyable now.

Looking forward to the full CANbus support!
Agreed! It makes a huge difference in tq and peak power to be honest.

Burger Motorsports