N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default Difference between N14 and N18? - 06-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Terry, Do you have any idea whats different? I went to look at an 08 Cooper S today and the VIN decoder says it has an N14 turbo 1.6 I-4. From what I've found the 07-10 came with the N14, then they switched to the N18. Will the JB4 work on that? Not sure if its like the B46/48 where its basically the same or if its a different engine.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-12-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Terry, Do you have any idea whats different? I went to look at an 08 Cooper S today and the VIN decoder says it has an N14 turbo 1.6 I-4. From what I've found the 07-10 came with the N14, then they switched to the N18. Will the JB4 work on that? Not sure if its like the B46/48 where its basically the same or if its a different engine.
For that year we only have a Jb+ I don't think it is compatible with the N14.

Only Jb4 for the Mini is the B46/48 as you stated.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 06-13-2018, 03:46 PM

Thanks. Won't be buying a Mini then. Still looking for something N63 powered, but trying to keep the budget real low, so its nearly impossible.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 09:06 AM

The N14 is the previous motor, 2007-2010 IIRC. We don't make anything for that one. Started with the N18. Which is a solid little motor.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.