N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#751)
Old
JuniorB JuniorB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 259
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 12-07-2017, 03:53 AM

Lol, are you going to do a recap of what these are making on its variety of fuels? Would you say that with e85, that these can put down a solid 5-525 rwhp without maxing them out?
Reply With Quote
(#752)
Old
DennisPacMo's Avatar
DennisPacMo DennisPacMo is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 131
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 335xi
Default 12-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
Lol, are you going to do a recap of what these are making on its variety of fuels? Would you say that with e85, that these can put down a solid 5-525 rwhp without maxing them out?
They've already done more than that on FBO/Inlets/TBI/Stg2 LPFP


.
Reply With Quote
(#753)
Old
LazYME870 LazYME870 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 335i
Default 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM

https://imgur.com/gallery/Iug0e

Sorry couldnít figure out how to link with thumbnail

This was with a bad HPFP, No TBI, and on just E30.

Last edited by LazYME870; 12-07-2017 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Picture link
Reply With Quote
(#754)
Old
joeinsd joeinsd is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 111
Join Date: Nov 2015
Car: 2010 e92 335i msport
Default 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazYME870
https://imgur.com/gallery/Iug0e

Sorry couldnít figure out how to link with thumbnail

This was with a bad HPFP, No TBI, and on just E30.
Here you go:
Reply With Quote
(#755)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is online now
Senior Member
 
Posts: 755
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 12-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazYME870
https://imgur.com/gallery/Iug0e

Sorry couldnít figure out how to link with thumbnail

This was with a bad HPFP, No TBI, and on just E30.
Thanks for the dyno plot. Would you happen to have a log for that run?


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#756)
Old
LazYME870 LazYME870 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2016
Car: 335i
Default 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM

Hi Shock, I included the log on post #668 check it out
Reply With Quote
(#757)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is online now
Senior Member
 
Posts: 755
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 12-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazYME870
Hi Shock, I included the log on post #668 check it out
Thanks homie I'll take a look.


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#758)
Old
JuniorB JuniorB is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 259
Join Date: Mar 2016
Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 12-14-2017, 01:02 PM

I don't know, but these still look like they'll be a ball... Just waiting......
Reply With Quote
(#759)
Old
#1rudebwoy #1rudebwoy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 44
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: 335i
Default 12-18-2017, 07:55 AM

how much are these???
Reply With Quote
(#760)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default Frankenturbo Review - 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Hey guys, So I have been doing BETA testing with Doug with these Frankenturbos. So far, I have put almost 2k miles on the car. Unfortunately, I am limited to 18-20 LBS due to the stock Tmap sensor being maxed out. I will order a upgraded sensor and have the car tuned on E85 and 25-27 LBS (or until my DCT slips) and get some final numbers.

The driveability has not changed much, The car feels like a stock car until it is under boost. I can tell that these turbos spool a little slower than stock (maybe 200 RPM), But its not enough to hardly notice. These turbos do NOT fall on their face at 5k like the stock turbos do. In fact, I am able to pull on cars that used to pass me on the big end (above 120+MPH). I am now 2-3 cars ahead of them now and continuing to pull. The car feels so much stronger up top now.

The sound of these turbos are intoxicating, all you hear is turbo spool. For $2,000 I don't see where you could go wrong with buying these. So far they are a very good bang for you buck turbo setup. I haven't noticed any true blowby or wastegate rattle as of now but only time will tell of course. For people who care, I will be posting another review after a few thousand more miles to give another update and by then I should have the retune and have final numbers as well. Overall, I am very happy with the outcome and the performance of the turbos, especially for such low boost. I am very glad went with them! Just a reminder, I have been getting some negativity on forums regarding the turbos so please take this review how you want. Please keep in mind, I did NOT receive these turbos at a discounted rate. This is a completely unbiased review. I simply want to post my review for people who might have questions about quality or performance. So, If you are a keyboard racer and have no interest in these Frankenturbo turbos, please keep your comments to yourself.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports
Reply With Quote
(#761)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 901
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_Cam
Hey guys, So I have been doing BETA testing with Doug with these Frankenturbos. So far, I have put almost 2k miles on the car. Unfortunately, I am limited to 18-20 LBS due to the stock Tmap sensor being maxed out. I will order a upgraded sensor and have the car tuned on E85 and 25-27 LBS (or until my DCT slips) and get some final numbers.

The driveability has not changed much, The car feels like a stock car until it is under boost. I can tell that these turbos spool a little slower than stock (maybe 200 RPM), But its not enough to hardly notice. These turbos do NOT fall on their face at 5k like the stock turbos do. In fact, I am able to pull on cars that used to pass me on the big end (above 120+MPH). I am now 2-3 cars ahead of them now and continuing to pull. The car feels so much stronger up top now.

The sound of these turbos are intoxicating, all you hear is turbo spool. For $2,000 I don't see where you could go wrong with buying these. So far they are a very good bang for you buck turbo setup. I haven't noticed any true blowby or wastegate rattle as of now but only time will tell of course. For people who care, I will be posting another review after a few thousand more miles to give another update and by then I should have the retune and have final numbers as well. Overall, I am very happy with the outcome and the performance of the turbos, especially for such low boost. I am very glad went with them! Just a reminder, I have been getting some negativity on forums regarding the turbos so please take this review how you want. Please keep in mind, I did NOT receive these turbos at a discounted rate. This is a completely unbiased review. I simply want to post my review for people who might have questions about quality or performance. So, If you are a keyboard racer and have no interest in these Frankenturbo turbos, please keep your comments to yourself.
tell me at 20k and beat on these things for a season of track days, then tell me more about quality of these things.

really tired of people writing reviews when they haven't even last for one single OCI...

btw, did you register on this forum just to write these reviews???


09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#762)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 01-12-2018, 06:33 PM

I by no means ever baby my car. I’ve been driving it pretty hard since I’ve gotten it back to make sure the turbos are solid and so far they haven’t let me down. I’ve done multiple back to back to back 140-150+mph pulls in Mexico ���� without any hesitation from the car or the turbos. During the spring and summer I am always at the track or doing some sort of spirited driving. The car is my daily so the miles will rack up and I will keep you guys posted. Only time will tell the durability of the turbos but I don’t think they will let me down. Overall I am happy with the outcome, I can’t wait to turn it up in a few weeks.

I’ve never been big into talking/looking at forums but I saw numerous people asking about these turbos and I figured I could help out.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports
Reply With Quote
(#763)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 901
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_Cam
I by no means ever baby my car. I’ve been driving it pretty hard since I’ve gotten it back to make sure the turbos are solid and so far they haven’t let me down. I’ve done multiple back to back to back 140-150+mph pulls in Mexico ���� without any hesitation from the car or the turbos. During the spring and summer I am always at the track or doing some sort of spirited driving. The car is my daily so the miles will rack up and I will keep you guys posted. Only time will tell the durability of the turbos but I don’t think they will let me down. Overall I am happy with the outcome, I can’t wait to turn it up in a few weeks.

I’ve never been big into talking/looking at forums but I saw numerous people asking about these turbos and I figured I could help out.
virtually all the track guys I know either stay with stock or eventually upgraded to single. you are tuned by solomotorsports right? ask them why they went with DocRace manifold and EFR turbo for their 135i race car build instead of these overpriced junk made by wannabe turbo builders who can't even machine their own **** and resellers of cheap ebay/aliexpress turbos.


09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#764)
Old
mike082802 mike082802 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 258
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: vw passat
Default 01-12-2018, 08:51 PM

truthfully only time will tell. brian from tft tuning stuck with the old rb turbos for something like 40 or 50k miles with lots of track time and many dyno pulls. there are only a handful of guys that actually race with upgraded singles, maybe 5 or so i can think of and thats because you dont need the huge torque hit down low on the track. and at that hp your up in like gts4 or 5 and those are 120k minimum cars usually to build. i think of all the twins doug has at least been testing everything to death before just going public and releasing these. it would be nice to have a nice twin k04 upgrade for these cars with a nice proven track record. i hope it works out, i know in the vw world they have a good record, yes at first like 10 years ago those compressor maps were bogus but it seems like doug cleaned his act up a little and in the last few years there are many running his turbos in the vag community. some of the tuning and logging i will admit is strange but to each there own. plus everthing is made in china these days. cant knock the hustle if it works.
Reply With Quote
(#765)
Old
dlp3719 dlp3719 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 187
Join Date: Jun 2012
Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
virtually all the track guys I know either stay with stock or eventually upgraded to single. you are tuned by solomotorsports right? ask them why they went with DocRace manifold and EFR turbo for their 135i race car build instead of these overpriced junk made by wannabe turbo builders who can't even machine their own **** and resellers of cheap ebay/aliexpress turbos.
I am a customer of SoloMotorsports and a big fan of them and their shop. To be fair, they built their 135i single track car before Frankenturbo was on the market. They have put in everything - RB, VTT, MMP, DocRace, JPWorks, Pure, Frankenturbo. Some of it is more of a bitch to install than others but it all works when installed and the customer drives away happy.

I wouldnít equate what they put on their shop car as an indictament of all the other brands they install for customers. Look they didnít put Pure on their shop car either, doesnít mean they donít like that product.


2007 n54 e90 sedan (1/07 date), JB4 G5 ISO - Map 3, BMS DCI, BMS Trunk Tank Meth Kit - two nozzle - CM7/CM10, BMS OCC, MHD Trebilia Flash, e60 (5 gallons of 93 and 11 gallons E85), Stage 2 from Fuel-It, VRSF 7" FMIC, N54tuning.com V1 **, ER Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV, NGK Iridium (one-step colder) plugs, N20 TMAP Sensor, RB turbo inlets, VTT outlets
Reply With Quote
(#766)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 01-12-2018, 09:56 PM

I was on the verge of doing a big single. However, I did not want to fork up all the extra labor , I wanted to keep the stealth look and not have a fat single under the hood, I didn’t want to lose my “hit” and low end tq you get with singles especially being my daily that I drive 100 miles a day with.. These pull like hell up top to be on 18lbs and solomotorsports actually recommended me these turbos because they thought these would be great for what I was looking for and so far I couldn’t agree more. Money wasn’t to much of an issue really in fact my stock turbos went out the day I got it back from solomotorsports after installing inlets/outlets/**/etc.. I was just looking for something new to try out with the n54 platform and figured I would give it a shot.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports
Reply With Quote
(#767)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 01-12-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp3719
I am a customer of SoloMotorsports and a big fan of them and their shop. To be fair, they built their 135i single track car before Frankenturbo was on the market. They have put in everything - RB, VTT, MMP, DocRace, JPWorks, Pure, Frankenturbo. Some of it is more of a bitch to install than others but it all works when installed and the customer drives away happy.

I wouldnít equate what they put on their shop car as an indictament of all the other brands they install for customers. Look they didnít put Pure on their shop car either, doesnít mean they donít like that product.

Solomotorsports is a great shop and when they asked if I wanted to try out the frankenturbos and said they should be a great fit I had to go for it. Only time and miles will tell how they hold up, but I think they will be fine.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports
Reply With Quote
(#768)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 901
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-13-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_Cam
Solomotorsports is a great shop and when they asked if I wanted to try out the frankenturbos and said they should be a great fit I had to go for it. Only time and miles will tell how they hold up, but I think they will be fine.
you really sound like someone who is paid to say to these sort of things...

btw, solo doesn't use jb4 for tuning... not even on their single turbo cars... i would be very surprised they bother tuning yours with a piggyback when you are just running a pair of stockframe twins. I bet you added all those stuff to your signature recently to make yourself look more legit.

not all of us are idiots you know... so why don't you just stop with your bs...


09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#769)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 901
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-13-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
truthfully only time will tell. brian from tft tuning stuck with the old rb turbos for something like 40 or 50k miles with lots of track time and many dyno pulls. there are only a handful of guys that actually race with upgraded singles, maybe 5 or so i can think of and thats because you dont need the huge torque hit down low on the track. and at that hp your up in like gts4 or 5 and those are 120k minimum cars usually to build. i think of all the twins doug has at least been testing everything to death before just going public and releasing these. it would be nice to have a nice twin k04 upgrade for these cars with a nice proven track record. i hope it works out, i know in the vw world they have a good record, yes at first like 10 years ago those compressor maps were bogus but it seems like doug cleaned his act up a little and in the last few years there are many running his turbos in the vag community. some of the tuning and logging i will admit is strange but to each there own. plus everthing is made in china these days. cant knock the hustle if it works.
how many guys actually track their n54 in timed events other than those drag and runway races? not many.

go look at all the cars in events like one lap of america and nasa races, all the n54 cars either stayed with stock twins or moved to some sort of single (Motiv and doc race or custom top mount with a watercooled turbo from an actual OEM).


all that frankenturbo does is piece together bottom barrel parts he finds from those chinese factories and have them assembled and balanced by god know who and sell here at a premium.

if you are on a budget and feeling lucky, you are better off just buying a pair of these from aliexpress.

here is one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...ceBeautifyAB=0

notice how the cast manifold looks exactly the same as the ones doug are selling? http://www.frankenturbo.com/new/F21Bi.html

btw, those Frankenturbo exclusive parts (compressor wheels, thrust bearing and collars, etc.) are dirt cheap to buy in bulk.

anyway, i don't know how well made these frankenturbo are and how reliable they will be. if you want to try something "new" just for the heck of it... sure, it is your money, not mine. all i am saying is that there are nothing new or exclusive about these stock frame turbos like how frankenturbo and quite few other vendors claim. all they do is just piece together readily available parts and selling them at a hefty margin. i dunno about you, but after seeing all the problems with these aftermarket stock frame over the years, i rather just save my money and buy my turbos from a real manufacturer with real quality control.


09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#770)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 01-13-2018, 03:19 AM

You caught me, I just have a stock 335i with a Walmart S on the end of it lol. The mods in my signature are all made up just to make me look cool. Give me a break, Just because I like a shop and will recommend them and say good things about them doesn’t mean they are paying me to say that particular thing. Pretty sure I said in my review I don’t have time for keyboard racers and I don’t have time to be ridiculed for what Turbos I put in my car. I simply made a account here to give my review and possibly give some input and answer a few questions not to go back and forth, and not to flaunt what I have or to look cool.

For all this “Timed” and “track” business, I don’t do any of that. I beat the **** out of my car on the streets pretty much every weekend and maybe a time or two at the strip every year. I already explained why I didn’t go single and I already said if you don’t have any interest in these turbos don’t bother.. so I’m confused? Do you plan to buy these or just talk crap about them because you “think” they are **** turbos? If they don’t work out it’s not a big deal I will spend my money elsewhere. However, as of now they work great and make good power to be on 18lbs and for $2,000.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports

Last edited by E92_Cam; 01-13-2018 at 03:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#771)
Old
Cloud9Blue Cloud9Blue is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 901
Join Date: Dec 2010
Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 01-13-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_Cam
You caught me, I just have a stock 335i with a Walmart S on the end of it lol. The mods in my signature are all made up just to make me look cool. Give me a break, Just because I like a shop and will recommend them and say good things about them doesnít mean they are paying me to say that particular thing. Pretty sure I said in my review I donít have time for keyboard racers and I donít have time to be ridiculed for what Turbos I put in my car. I simply made a account here to give my review and possibly give some input and answer a few questions not to go back and forth, and not to flaunt what I have or to look cool.

For all this ďTimedĒ and ďtrackĒ business, I donít do any of that. I beat the **** out of my car on the streets pretty much every weekend and maybe a time or two at the strip every year. I already explained why I didnít go single and I already said if you donít have any interest in these turbos donít bother.. so Iím confused? Do you plan to buy these or just talk crap about them because you ďthinkĒ they are **** turbos? If they donít work out itís not a big deal I will spend my money elsewhere. However, as of now they work great and make good power to be on 18lbs and for $2,000.

Getting pretty tired arguing with you. But your review is pretty worthless given how little miles you have on them. And to quote your early post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_Cam
I by no means ever baby my car. Iíve been driving it pretty hard since Iíve gotten it back to make sure the turbos are solid and so far they havenít let me down. Iíve done multiple back to back to back 140-150+mph pulls in Mexico ���� without any hesitation from the car or the turbos. During the spring and summer I am always at the track or doing some sort of spirited driving. The car is my daily so the miles will rack up and I will keep you guys posted. Only time will tell the durability of the turbos but I donít think they will let me down. Overall I am happy with the outcome, I canít wait to turn it up in a few weeks.

Iíve never been big into talking/looking at forums but I saw numerous people asking about these turbos and I figured I could help out.
Now you are saying you don't do any of this "track" stuff, and all you do is a 1/4 mile pull every once in a while.

I don't have problem with people putting whatever parts in their car. It is their money and car, not mine. As a fact, just look at my early posts in this thread. But I do mind bull**** reviews from a brand new account that is trying too hard and passing out questionable info to fool the less informed and newcomers on this platform.


09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Reply With Quote
(#772)
Old
fredcase fredcase is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 289
Join Date: May 2015
Car: 07 335xi
Default 01-13-2018, 08:20 AM

Lol. This thread continues to be awesome. How many people have started accounts just to praise frankenturbo? At least 3 or 4 in this thread alone. Doug's marketing tactics are proven to be greasy again.

Gauranteed these first batch of turbos got extra attention and MIGHT have been made properly. Once the demand goes up, he wont be able to keep up and then start shipping directly from china and BOOM.


2007 335xi MT, JB4, bms dci, 5"vrsf stepped fmic, d_p's, vrsf full silicone inlets, er chargepipe, hyperboost diverter valves
Reply With Quote
(#773)
Old
ShocknAwe ShocknAwe is online now
Senior Member
 
Posts: 755
Join Date: Sep 2012
Car: 135i
Default 01-13-2018, 04:27 PM

FWIW I emailed back and forth with Doug about his beta turbos. Quite a few people here posting that he answered all their questions, super responsive, etc.

What can I say? Yeah, he's responsive. However, he dodged all my questions on his companies history on turbo longevity, dodged any real answer on output, and refused to give any details on how his turbos compare to the available competition other than reiterating how inexpensive they are and that they are made from proven components. All rhetoric.

Common. Don't dodge questions on past product reliability. Just makes you look bad.

Based on his vibe alone and refusing to answer basic questions I wouldn't install his products on my car if you ****ing paid me.


2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
Reply With Quote
(#774)
Old
E92_Cam E92_Cam is offline
2012 BMW 335is
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Nov 2017
Car: 2012 BMW 335is
Default 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Getting pretty tired arguing with you. But your review is pretty worthless given how little miles you have on them. And to quote your early post:



Now you are saying you don't do any of this "track" stuff, and all you do is a 1/4 mile pull every once in a while.

I don't have problem with people putting whatever parts in their car. It is their money and car, not mine. As a fact, just look at my early posts in this thread. But I do mind bull**** reviews from a brand new account that is trying too hard and passing out questionable info to fool the less informed and newcomers on this platform.

Arguing with me? Bro, I simply posted a review and you are questioning me. I’m not arguing with anyone and pretty sure I said If you don’t have any interest in these turbos to keep your negativity to yourself... so since you wanna question me, let me break it down for you and make it real simple:

Q: Do I go to the track?
A: yes, I also attend wanna go fast events, auto cross events etc

Q: Do I go I the track every single day/weekend?
A: No, I don’t like the track enough (I’d rather street race)

Q: Do I street race?
A: Mexico only, like I said I’ve done multiple 140+ pulls back to back, on multiple nights in a row and I go out every weekend and sometimes on weekdays. Either way I’m always driving my car pretty hard.

Yes, I agree to post a review with 2k miles on the turbos is a little early. However, this was just a quick update on the turbos so far, Nothing more. Like I said in the review I will post again once a few thousand more miles are on the turbo.

Yes, I am new. Sorry I don’t live on a forum like some people. Again, like I said I figure I could answer a few questions and post my review for the people who cared. Not some keyboard racer who just wants to bash the product when they don’t really know much about them. Let’s just see how they do in 20k miles and if there are any problems I’ll be sure to list them.


2012 BMW 335IS DCT
FrankenTurbo, VRSF Inlets, VRSF Outlets, Fuel-It Stage 2, ARM **, ARM Chargepipe, ARM Intercooler, VRSF DCI, JB4 G5, Tial Bov, Tuned by Solomotorsports

Last edited by E92_Cam; 01-14-2018 at 09:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
(#775)
Old
RVSUSA's Avatar
RVSUSA RVSUSA is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2017
Car: VW Tiguan R-Line
Default 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM

This thread is getting out of hand... lol. My .02, I had a friend who had a B5 S4 and he did his due diligence in research about getting upgraded turbos and ended up going with the Frankenturbo kit. He put about 35k miles on them before selling the car without any issues and his car with a crappy tiptronic could hang with my bolt on 135 N54 car. I drove the car and it felt like a stock S4 with just a bunch more power and low end torque. Very linear. I think he was running 22lbs of boost.

I have no connections to Doug either, and can't say anything as far as these specific upgraded turbos for the N54 platform go, but from what I saw and witnessed on my friends S4, it was money well spent.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2017, N54tech.com