(#2026)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Luxe AWD
Default 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right.On.Q!
I've been in the habit of leaving the cover off for two reasons:
prevent heat warpage over time, using the cover only for "show" purpose;
I like looking at the "motor" (sometimes I even remove the batt and brake cyl covers)

I know, probably all unnecessary and a bit weird, but that's me.....
Could you try touching the intercoolers with and without cover after driving?
I found out today that the intercoolers get warm without the engine cover even if the temp outside is 17F. This is also the first time I saw my water temp goes up to 210 F , normally 196 is the highest I get.

The other day, the temp was 53F and I had the engine cover on. When I removed the cover after driving it hard, the intercoolers were cold.
(#2027)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T AWD
Default 01-12-2018, 05:36 PM

That engine bay is a riddle wrapped in a mystery. I'll keep that mess covered up.
(#2028)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 01-12-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8
I found out today that the intercoolers get warm without the engine cover even if the temp outside is 17F. This is also the first time I saw my water temp goes up to 210 F , normally 196 is the highest I get.

The other day, the temp was 53F and I had the engine cover on. When I removed the cover after driving it hard, the intercoolers were cold.
pumps don't always run IRC.
(#2029)
Old

Default 01-14-2018, 06:55 PM

I think I’m going back to full 93 octane (Shell V-Power Nitro) ) - No Ethanol mix. Then add only 15% of E85. I like the cleaner (additives on the V-power) vs Mobile (10% ethanol)
This probably will prevent carbon buildup within the EGR valve route.
(#2030)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 01-15-2018, 06:36 AM

Hey all. Can some folks post some of their JB4 settings for a RS? I have tried a few but can’t seem to find one ai like. Getting hesitation around 1.5 to 2k then kicks in too hard
(#2031)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 01-15-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Out of my own curiosity I did as you suggested. At the end of two different "errand" runs, one w/cover and one w/o cover, approx 25 min, 20 mi, street/fwy combo, and no WOT, the intercoolers were barely warm to the touch, perhaps even less warm than my own hand. Keep in mind I drive a non-RS Q60. I also had the air intake deflector off (see earlier pic), but even with it on there's an opening near the hood latch that allows air to flow over the engine compartment. So it would seem the i-coolers stay pretty cool under "normal" driving conditions, but of course your results may vary.

Hope that helps.
~
(#2032)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:

I leave the engine cover off normally for practical reasons... I'm always under the hook poking around. But I don't believe it has any performance benefit.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2033)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default 01-15-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I leave the engine cover off normally for practical reasons... I'm always under the hook poking around. But I don't believe it has any performance benefit.

Hey Terry! Iíve been lurking for sometime on this thread. I had a 335 N55 with full bolt ons e85 and jb4. So much fun!

When I purchased the 2018 q50RS I really was thinking just to daily it and not mess around but I heard you had released a JB4 I just had to.

Mind taking a look at my log? Iím running 30% E85 and Map 2.

Timing seems fine and boost pretty consistent. Itís just my AFR that seem to fluctuate. Think Iím running too much E?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-15 07_37_36.csv (17.0 KB, 24 views)
(#2034)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 11:44 AM

Looks normal overall to me. AFR will wobble about at higher power levels at higher RPM, but I think it's due to the smaller turbo and increased back pressure, and not a tuning issue that needs to be solved. Combustion looks healthy so I'd roll with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2035)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Looks normal overall to me. AFR will wobble about at higher power levels at higher RPM, but I think it's due to the smaller turbo and increased back pressure, and not a tuning issue that needs to be solved. Combustion looks healthy so I'd roll with it.
Awesome. *** and cutouts should be in this week. Hopefully the AFRs smooth out. If all goes well Iíll add another pound of boost. Iím really loving the smoothness of the jb4. Feels just like stock just faster. .

Anyone reading this thread thatís hesitant, go ahead and jump on the jb4. Install was like 15 min and itís a great mod for the price. LOVE the Bluetooth control and logging.

Now if someone could just manufacture an upgraded compressor wheel so we donít fall on our face after 5k rpm
(#2036)
Old

Car: q60
Default 01-15-2018, 12:50 PM

Now if someone could just manufacture an upgraded compressor wheel so we donít fall on our face after 5k rpm[/QUOTE]

Hey - i'm new to turbo's...what would an upgraded compressor wheel do? how is it upgraded?
(#2037)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
Now if someone could just manufacture an upgraded compressor wheel so we donít fall on our face after 5k rpm
Hey - i'm new to turbo's...what would an upgraded compressor wheel do? how is it upgraded?[/QUOTE]

Honestly It probably wonít do much on our platform. The stock turbos are already pretty tapped at efficiency. If they werenít the most efficient turbos maybe you could upgrade the wheel to a billet/Cnc wheel with steeper angle blades or slightly larger to provide a little more airflow. But from what I read these turbos are already maxed out in efficiency. You would probably need to upgrade the entire compressor housing which seems pretty expensive right now or just swap out the turbos for something bigger. Which might not be feasible for A long time.

Idk much about the platform yet though so I could be talking out of my ass
(#2038)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
Now if someone could just manufacture an upgraded compressor wheel so we don’t fall on our face after 5k rpm
So true.. We're working with PURE Turbo who is looking in to upgrade options it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2039)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So true.. We're working with PURE Turbo who is looking in to upgrade options it.
I also ran across a user on FB who is supposedly replacing the stock turbos for a drop-in replacement that'll be here next month. He wouldn't release any more details.

17' Q50 RS
(#2040)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 02:08 PM

Hi Terry, could you take a look at this data log?
I rolled on 1st gear (did not mash the pedal) then went full throttle after.
I’m not liking the AFR (Is it just delayed?) I prefer AFR between high 11 andlow 12 on WOT!

Fuel is Mobile 93 and approx. 25% ethanol (E85)

I have a Luxe AWD map 6.
Thank you sir!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AO...eEKUAymX6Zy9qa

I would like to go back to pure Shell V-power 93 and 20% E85 mixture.
The E85 looks like it’s leaning my AFR...
(#2041)
Old

Car: q60
Default 01-15-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I read somewhere that the wheels are already billeted (and probably efficient).

I know that anything is up gradable, it's just that it can be costly. BUT, these are luxury (or semi-luxury cars) and i remember when the G sedans can out, a good SC kit wasn't cheap... so i'm sure there would be some early adopters who would just on the bandwagon to get a reliable 500hp, etc
(#2042)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
I also ran across a user on FB who is supposedly replacing the stock turbos for a drop-in replacement that'll be here next month. He wouldn't release any more details.

This sounds very exciting. I would drop in the new turbos. This platform would be perfect with another 50-100 hp up top. It feels like a diesel truck right now. Pulls like a beast from idle to 4500 after that it loses its pep.
(#2043)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 01-15-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprada01
Mind taking a look at my log? Iím running 30% E85 and Map 2.

Timing seems fine and boost pretty consistent. Itís just my AFR that seem to fluctuate. Think Iím running too much E?
How much boost is map 2? 5 psi?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2044)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Yes, 5 psi max.
(#2045)
Old

Default 01-15-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Correct itís 5psi max.

Iím seeing from 18-19 psi peak boost. Pulls great.
(#2046)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-16-2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
I rolled on 1st gear (did not mash the pedal) then went full throttle after.
I’m not liking the AFR (Is it just delayed?) I prefer AFR between high 11 andlow 12 on WOT!

Fuel is Mobile 93 and approx. 25% ethanol (E85)

I have a Luxe AWD map 6.
Thank you sir!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AO...eEKUAymX6Zy9qa

I would like to go back to pure Shell V-power 93 and 20% E85 mixture.
The E85 looks like it’s leaning my AFR...
Mine was doing the same thing. Maxing out the trims with +7 and +6 resulting in low to mid 13s AFR. It's not the E85 either as it was doing the same thing with straight 100 octane unleaded fuel. It seems that either the ECM just doesn't have the flexibility to account for the extra airflow and add fuel accordingly or there's an issue with fuel delivery in general. I was still seeing good timing though but I'm very uneasy seeing those ratios. Have you tested the E85 you use yet? Bad E85 could be lowering your octane. In the mean time try +5 instead and post some logs.

Last edited by Fourg63; 01-16-2018 at 01:39 AM..
(#2047)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Sure but attach the CSV directly to your post.

Burger Motorsports

(#2048)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Got it!

Last edited by Awgd8; 01-16-2018 at 10:52 AM..
(#2049)
Old

Default 01-16-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Here it is.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-01-15 14_38_33 (Awgd8).csv (10.6 KB, 14 views)
(#2050)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2018, 11:23 AM

On tip in it's going to take a second or 2 for AFR reading at the sensor to catch up, plus the ECU runs a lean spool mode to get in to boost faster, so looks pretty normal to me here on tip in. Timing is holding steady.

You could try lowering boost by speed a bit. Ensure you have the latest firmware and interface, as I don't see MPH in the log.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports