N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#1701)
Old

Car: ML63_335i
Default 12-27-2017, 06:07 PM

Has there been any reason for increasing the pressure in the line for the DCT aka the clamping force on the stock turbos?

I have not seen anyone really complain of slipping or increasing pressure in the line on this platform?

Current: ///M5 Evolve..EVenturi..Supersprint || F10 LCI 535i JB4
Retired: 2007 E92 335i || 2010 335i E90 LCI M-sport
(#1702)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Has there been any reason for increasing the pressure in the line for the DCT aka the clamping force on the stock turbos?

I have not seen anyone really complain of slipping or increasing pressure in the line on this platform?
Makes sense around 600whp+. Most just add in the ZCP trans flash though which maxes it out on the stock tuning.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1703)
Old

Car: ML63_335i
Default 12-28-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Makes sense around 600whp+. Most just add in the ZCP trans flash though which maxes it out on the stock tuning.
Wow i did not even know the ZCP had a specific change to the dct! Thats really priceless info T! Much appreciated!

I guess all these new flash tuners yellinf about their dct special tune, CS and GTS flashes is mostly nonsense ..

Current: ///M5 Evolve..EVenturi..Supersprint || F10 LCI 535i JB4
Retired: 2007 E92 335i || 2010 335i E90 LCI M-sport
(#1704)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2017, 05:17 PM

Was able to flash our M3 today using the MHD BETA tools, so easy! Back end flash development is full swing ahead.

Among the top tuning priorities are a 0-100% E85 auto tuning map, where you mix in whatever fuel you want and the JB4 sorts out the details to safely extract the most power from whatever fuel you happen to be running, and a BEF designed to optimize lower grade fuels like 91 octane. In addition we're going to add some logging channels to the JB4 also to facilitate working with back end flash mapping like the LOAD index.

As always our JB4 BEF maps will be published fully unlocked and free of charge so those who like to tweak things themselves can fine tune and adjust as much as your heart desires.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1705)
Old
Legend

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-31-2017, 06:38 PM

Yessss, me next!

Burger Motorsports

(#1706)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yessss, me next!
Get those plugs changed, we'll flash your M4 next week and get it on the dyno.

Burger Motorsports

(#1707)
Old

Car: f30 335i
Default 01-01-2018, 08:59 AM

I have the MHD cable too, me next!

2017 F80 M3 Competition Package. JB4, BMS Stealth Meth kit with dual CM5. ESS charge pipe. RKtunes post intercooler meth injection. Stock exhaust with 2ndcat delete
(#1708)
Old

Car: E92 M3
Default 01-02-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Was able to flash our M3 today using the MHD BETA tools, so easy! Back end flash development is full swing ahead.

Among the top tuning priorities are a 0-100% E85 auto tuning map, where you mix in whatever fuel you want and the JB4 sorts out the details to safely extract the most power from whatever fuel you happen to be running, and a BEF designed to optimize lower grade fuels like 91 octane. In addition we're going to add some logging channels to the JB4 also to facilitate working with back end flash mapping like the LOAD index.

As always our JB4 BEF maps will be published fully unlocked and free of charge so those who like to tweak things themselves can fine tune and adjust as much as your heart desires.
GAME CHANGER.

16 F82 M4 ZCP - DCT - JB4 - Meth - 1/2 Mile 161MPH
08 E92 M3 - DCT - Built Motor - ESS VT3-750 SC
710 WHP/495 WTQ STD CF @ 14.4psi
6.1s 60-130MPH (Drag Strip)
174.12 MPH Shift-S3ctor Standing 1/2 Mile - E9X WR
(#1709)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 01-05-2018, 12:10 PM

sooo excited. love to know when this (tunes) will be made available.

2015 BMW M4
(#1710)
Old

Car: f30 335i
Default 01-08-2018, 04:15 AM

V1.8 is out, any updates on the development?

2017 F80 M3 Competition Package. JB4, BMS Stealth Meth kit with dual CM5. ESS charge pipe. RKtunes post intercooler meth injection. Stock exhaust with 2ndcat delete
(#1711)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Notes are in the first post with the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1712)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Terry, I currently have a non ZCP with JB4 and want to know if I had a ZCP flash tune installed can I still use my JB4 with it?

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
(#1713)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Absolutely!

Burger Motorsports

(#1714)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 01-13-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Absolutely!
Great, and if I wanted to try a flash stage tune but wanted to keep my JB4 for data logging & control of CANflap is that possible with use of Map 4?

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
(#1715)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Yes that's no problem. And you can also load up our free back end flash maps to test those if you have an MHD flashing license.

Burger Motorsports

(#1716)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-14-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Yes that's no problem. And you can also load up our free back end flash maps to test those if you have an MHD flashing license.

Will the e85 auto tune maps require an ethanol sensor or other hardware upgrades?

Just got into the JB4 BEF beta and awaiting my cable from bimmergeeks.
(#1717)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid
Will the e85 auto tune maps require an ethanol sensor or other hardware upgrades?

Just got into the JB4 BEF beta and awaiting my cable from bimmergeeks.
Like the N54 we'll support a physical sensor (fuel-it makes a great kit) for those who are concerned with exact mixture precision, and offer a virtual sensor (no hardware needed) for those who are less concerned about exact mixture precision and just want the mapping to work safely/properly no matter what mix they add.

Burger Motorsports

(#1718)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2018, 11:34 AM

JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_1:

1) Redesigned CANbus logging module for high speed logging of all channels including timing 2-6, load, and calculated torque. Bank2 AFR, Bank2 fuel trims, and low fuel pressure are logged full time now.

Burger Motorsports

(#1719)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-15-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
JB4_M3_OBDII_1_8_1:

1) Redesigned CANbus logging module for high speed logging of all channels including timing 2-6, load, and calculated torque. Bank2 AFR, Bank2 fuel trims, and low fuel pressure are logged full time now.
Great!

F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.9, 60-130: 5.6
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu