N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 04-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefourteener
Hello, I about to order the JB4 + bluetooth module for my 2016 340i Msport.

Just a quick question..... will I be able to control the exhaust flap with the JB4?
Not yet for the b58

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4 Stage 1
(#602)
Old

Car: bmw f30 320i LCI
Default 04-07-2017, 01:58 AM

Hello!
I'm awfully sorry! Could you help me please?

Yesterday I bought JB4 for my 320i LCI, but i don't see where I can connect BMS cable to update firmware, I have no socket for it in my JB4 box..

Box like this:
http://www.burgertuning.com/B58_JB4_...nce_tuner.html
(#603)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 04-07-2017, 02:07 AM

Open up the jb4 casing - remove grey connector of serial end of USB cable - plug into the empty rs232 type socket on the opposite end of jb4 board - lay USB cable into small half hole in jb4 casing - snap close top half of jb4 casing with USB cable sticking out from opposite end of main loom.

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#604)
Old

Car: bmw f30 320i LCI
Default 04-07-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee
Open up the jb4 casing - remove grey connector of serial end of USB cable - plug into the empty rs232 type socket on the opposite end of jb4 board - lay USB cable into small half hole in jb4 casing - snap close top half of jb4 casing with USB cable sticking out from opposite end of main loom.
Wow! Thank you very much!
I will try it)

I hope, I don't ruin the casing while opening)
(#605)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 04-07-2017, 06:13 AM

Use a flat head screw driver which is approx the same size as the gap and just twist, do this both sides and it pops off easy.
(#606)
Old

Car: 340i
Default 04-11-2017, 05:40 PM

On the iPhone app, how do I check which JB4 version is currently installed?
(#607)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default EWG on B58 - 04-12-2017, 03:13 AM

Could someone please post a picture of the Location of the EWG connector on the B58.
Also do you have to change any settings (auto code delete) after fitting the ********* DP's.
(#608)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar
Could someone please post a picture of the Location of the EWG connector on the B58.
Also do you have to change any settings (auto code delete) after fitting the ********* DP's.
You need to remove the whole air box. Very easy.

Then below there is a heat shield with poppers, underneath there is the EGW connection. There is only one so you can't miss it or mistake it.

I just fitted and blew my board, even although I disconnected my battery first. My only thoughts are that I left the OBD connector in place and there was some residual power in the system still, as it only took me about 5 mins to fit. So if I was you I would be safe, disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins or so to be safe, maybe pop out the OBD port too. I might be completely wrong here but just my thoughts.
(#609)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 04-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpink
You need to remove the whole air box. Very easy.

Then below there is a heat shield with poppers, underneath there is the EGW connection. There is only one so you can't miss it or mistake it.

I just fitted and blew my board, even although I disconnected my battery first. My only thoughts are that I left the OBD connector in place and there was some residual power in the system still, as it only took me about 5 mins to fit. So if I was you I would be safe, disconnect the battery and wait 30 mins or so to be safe, maybe pop out the OBD port too. I might be completely wrong here but just my thoughts.
Thanks for the Advice, think i will remove the OBD connector as well as disconnect the battery. Do you just pull UP on the bottom half of the Air Box to remove it ?.
(#610)
Old

Default 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazBar
Thanks for the Advice, think i will remove the OBD connector as well as disconnect the battery. Do you just pull UP on the bottom half of the Air Box to remove it ?.
Yep, it's just held on 3 rubber mounts. Pops off easily.
(#611)
Old
Legend

Car: Bmw M2
Default 04-24-2017, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
Here are some logs on a 120i with different maps and gas FYI. Any comment would appreciate. Waiting for full tank of 98 to get some 98 runs. Just doing 1-2-3rd gear pull, about 0-130km.
Post in the support section :
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

And you need to upload the actual .CSV file to the forum using the attach feature not an excel graph. Support requests in this section are deleted, and BMS will not offer support here.

Here's a video regarding how to data log
https://youtu.be/vWJPJk_pSbk

~Lowon

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now

2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3 RS: white, PDK, carbon ceramic brakes, Fully loaded
Mods: Fabspeed race headers, competition exhaust, High flow fiters, Ecu flash race gas and pump tune, roll cage, schroth harness, clear bra.

2017 Audi R8 V10 plus- dynamite red, fully loaded
Mods: Currently stock (hopefully a super charger and full exhaust soon)
(#612)
Old
OEM+

Car: '16 340i
Default 04-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Besides killing o2 sensors. Is there any reason I shouldn't put a lil bit of 110 leaded in the car before drag racing? We have 110 race gas at pumps around here. I probably only go to track 1 or 2 times a year. Maybe 5 passes then immediately fill up with 93 to dilute the rest back out.

2 gal 110 plus 3 gal 93 equals 5 gal 100.

'16 BSM 340i M Sport + Track Pack.:.M Perf Exhaust.:.Polished BBS RS-GT.:.JB4.:.BMS Intake
(#613)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 04-25-2017, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the help, I deleted the message. The support forum is a bit of a mess with all the mixed together, I wanted to find someone with logs on the B48B to compare with but I will post there and see.

I am running map 7 now and it is a lot of fun, I guess I should post a log in support group to see if it looks OK, there is some slight surge when you go form no throttle to full in 3000-4000 RPM, but other then that it is like a different car.

One general question regarding these new higher compression turbo engine, it looks like they run aggressive and lean when off boost, but when the boost kicks in at lower RPM there is only 3-6 deg advance and still is pretty lean even on boost, then timing climb as RPM climb. Is this normal for this these new engine or what people expect with modern high compression turbo's?

Also I tired map 6 but it didn't seem to work, always similar to map 2 regardless of the parameters, is map 6 non functional at this stage? Any timeline for it to be enabled?
(#614)
Old

Car: F48 X1
Default 05-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Hi, im new to this forum, can someone assist on this issue?

I just installed my first ever JB4 on my F48 X1 today, and i have seen that the boost reading is positive on idle, installation was done correctly for both the jb4 and the bluetooth kit, what could be an issue? The firmware or...? hopefully some advises, thank you!

(#615)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc93
Hi, im new to this forum, can someone assist on this issue?

I just installed my first ever JB4 on my F48 X1 today, and i have seen that the boost reading is positive on idle, installation was done correctly for both the jb4 and the bluetooth kit, what could be an issue? The firmware or...? hopefully some advises, thank you!
Typically means wrong firmware is installed. The X1 uses MINI firmware, not BMW firmware, as the TMAP and MAP sensors are switched like a MINI B48.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#616)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 05-09-2017, 10:03 AM

I saw that Carly has successfully coded the flap to stay open - BUT a user stated that the next day it reset and had to recode it.

Since JB4 is always plugged in, i guess it could recode it with every start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
Not yet for the b58
(#617)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Is it a "coding" option or just a it opens it when its installed?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#618)
Old

Car: BMW 440XI MPPSK
Default 05-09-2017, 10:19 AM

Its a coding option I believe... Somehow they figured it out... One of the guys over in the bimmperpost has carly and confirmed it works but resets the next day and he needs to "hit the recode button" again.

Here:
http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-klappe-exhaust/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Is it a "coding" option or just a it opens it when its installed?
(#619)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Interesting.. Well if they figured it out I'm sure we can too. It's been on my to-do list for the B48/B58 platforms.

Burger Motorsports

(#620)
Old

Car: 335xi coupe
Default 05-09-2017, 10:34 AM

What else ya got cooking for the platform?

BSM 340i xDrive (6MT, M-Sport, etc)
---
datazap.me
(#621)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 10:39 AM

Plenty but we try not to tip our hat. Our competitors are subscribed to this thread, lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#622)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 340i M-Sport
Default 05-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Just installed my JB4 and Burger CAI on my 2016 BMW 340i M-Sport. Everythhing is great, and install was simple. Waiting on my Bluetooth adapter so I can play some more. Right now I am running Map 2, with 93 octane fuel. Thanks Terry and BMS!
(#623)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2017, 07:05 PM

Good news, found the exhaust flapper commands. I think...Changed by holding BC button for a second and letting go. Left arrow is open full time, and right arrow is OEM operation (which is generally closed). I did not include a full time closed option on this as I don't think anyone would use it and it's a headache to toggle through the extra option every time.

Let me know if it works!

Burger Motorsports

(#624)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 05-12-2017, 04:50 AM

[Retracted - Haven't had my coffee yet]

Tried it out this morning and the flap control works. It seems to sound better on my regular drive to work, but sitting at idle I checked and I can see it Open/Closed as it was toggled.

Last edited by drumma022; 05-12-2017 at 05:56 AM..
(#625)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2017, 08:18 AM

Burger Motorsports